shape
carat
color
clarity

Another vintage OEC five stone..

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After seeing all the lovely vintage 5 stones on PS, and being so sad about missing out on Mara's in the preloved section, I decided to hunt one down for myself. Total ct weight is approx .9 -1, set in 14k wg.

Now the problem is I don't need this many diamond bands, so I"m trying to decide if I like it better than the vintage 7 stone I have....opinions?

Pics first! Sorry for not washing it..

img_9377.jpg

img_9371.jpg

img_9382.jpg

img_9386.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are pics of it and the other vintage band I have. I"ll probably wear one on each hand for awhile and see which I prefer and consider putting the other up for sale.
But if it were you, which would you keep?

img_9473.jpg

img_9475.jpg

img_9477.jpg

img_9478.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last of the photos, thanks for looking, and opinions on which band are welcome :)

Oh, forgot to add the center stone is about 4.4mm, color is estimated G in the mounting, SI clarity (eyeclean to me so far.)

img_9480.jpg

img_9481.jpg

img_9482.jpg

img_9484.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd keep 'em both!!! Geesh- what's the crazy talk about "I don't need this many diamond bands!" WHAT??? :shock: I.do.not.understand.these.words.you.speak.....!!

It is a gorgeous band - love the high crows, the prong work, the setting and the facet patterns .... um, I guess it all looks perfect to me! :lol:

It would be like 'Sophie's Choice' - I don't know if I could decide between one or the other, and knowing how well I make decisions... I'd *decide* to keep both! There you go - follow my advice and no one gets hurt! :Up_to_something:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahah, well I wear my wedding set on the left, and my RHR is more often a colored stone ring than a diamond band (you know how I love my colors!)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, you love your blues!! :D I still think you need both - why not??? You just graduated and this lets you keep the celebration going :appl:

Both are so beautiful - I'm just such an enabler, I don't want you to be disciplined and do the "right thing" and sell one, I want you to have both and enjoy them! :twisted:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Eh, I'm with Enerchi, keep 'em both! I love the graduated look, and I also like the other band you have it stacked with. :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they're both so pretty - in fact, I'm a bit jelly of the 5 stone because I want one! :D Such a tough choice - they're such different looks that I'm thinking you should keep both of them!

I think what I would do is live with both of them for a bit, and see if you start wearing one more than the other - that should tell you which one you prefer.

I think if I had to choose one, I'd go with the five stone :love:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!! Love the graduated look and the small crowns. I love both. I'm no help, I know. :naughty:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1346183664|3258720 said:
Wow, they're both so pretty - in fact, I'm a bit jelly of the 5 stone because I want one! :D Such a tough choice - they're such different looks that I'm thinking you should keep both of them!

I think what I would do is live with both of them for a bit, and see if you start wearing one more than the other - that should tell you which one you prefer.

I think if I had to choose one, I'd go with the five stone :love:

Haha, well who knows, it might end up preloved a few months down the line. I'm going to keep it for now because honestly I just don't see them around that much and I'd hate to regret not having it without giving it a fair chance. Sparkly!!

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
That five stone looks terrible, you should give it to me. :D

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful 5 stone!!! So bright!

I love the other one also - hard choice to make so you should just keep them both!

Cachette :))

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
if you HAD to pick one, i'd pick the one you already owned.

if you decide you love the five stone more and sell the 7 stone, i call dibs :wacko: :lickout: :love: :Up_to_something:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! :love: :love: :love:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd keep the seven stone. Don't get me wrong, the five stone is gorgeous, and looks like it reflects all the pretty pastel colors and everything, but something about the design of the lower-set band with the little boxes just delights me.

(I have been lusting after one like that for a while, so If you DO end up selling it, email me! I am sure it won't get lost in the mail this time!)

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
The 5 stone is pretty...but I :love: :love: :love: the seven stone. Sooo if the other two ladies calling dibs on it don't step up to the plate I am officially dibs number 3 :naughty:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Both are very lovely!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll take that 5-stone off your hands. :tongue:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is gorgeous, I'm so jealous of all these treasures people keep finding. :love:

Enjoy it!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
personally, if i could afford it? i'd keep both and wear them together just like you did for your pictures....yeah, i'm a hippy deep down...

omc111

Rough_Rock
They are both beautiful stones but so so different--seems to me that the 5 stone is more of a stand alone ring while the 7 stone is begging to be in a stack. Or worn with an e-ring. It's like comparing apples to oranges--can't really be done. So keep them both. Or sell one to me... :naughty:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, they are so different that I can't really see selling either unless you decide you just don't care for one of them. They are both beautiful but I especially love the one with the milgrain boxes!!! :love:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't need to sell it. I just like having a certain amount of mad money in case a gemstone comes along that I just can't pass up!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1346361176|3259976 said:
I don't need to sell it. I just like having a certain amount of mad money in case a gemstone comes along that I just can't pass up!

I can't fault that logic!

Do you find you prefer one over the other? Are you wearing them as shown - 7 stone first, then the 5 stone on top? I think it looks beautiful like that!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! I would like to have a ring like this! Congratulations! :love:

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
I have to say i agree with Enerchi (smart gal)...they are both beautiful and are blingful together but not obnoxious.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results