shape
carat
color
clarity

Another VC proj - setting ideas for my 1.53ct W-X cushion?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear PS'ers,

Finally I'm getting round to getting this stone (pic attached) set. I've had it for about 3-3.5 yrs now. This stone a bit smaller (measures at 6.7mm by 6.4mm if I recall correctly) compared to the rest of my bling, so I've been struggling to decide what to do with it. I mean this thing is not cheap and it's not something anyone should scoff at, but I just want to make sure that it'd be set into something that I'd actually wear and consistent with the rest of my bling.

I'm asking Victor to help me with this project. I thought if anyone can make it attractive, it'd be Victor. I've been exchanging emails with him and he's so easy-going, detailed oriented and very responsive. I've asked Victor what I should do but obviously at the end of the day, he won't impose his opnions on his clients. So I thought I'd ask you ladies and guys for some ideas how best to set this diamond.

I'm thinking to have the diamond bezelled (a very thin YG bezel, abt 0.50m each side), cupped underneath with yellow 18k gold, and finally halo'ed with white melee (which would add another 1.5mm each way). In total therefore, the diamond would increase by about 4mm (0.5mm for the bezel each way + 1.5m each way for the halo), making the total length of the diamond about 10.7mm or 11mm give or take a little. The stone would be set E-W (not that it'd really matter since it's pretty much square-ish).

So do you think white melee would be nice or would yellow melee be better? Or would that be overkill, yellow melee in addition to a yellow bezel? Or how about a double halo, a yellow one next to the bezel and a white one on the outside. Thoughts?

Also, I was thinking of putting additional stones to the sides, like small-ish cushions, traps or frenchies. Do you think this would be overkill also?

FYI, this will be my RHR and my ring size is 4.50.

W-X cushion_1.bmp.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Re: Another VC proj - setting ideas for my 1.53ct W-X cushio

Phenoix,
I just did something similar with my .93FLY. I had WF do a double halo with a yellow gold basket underneath and a thin bezel (which you can't really see). Honestly it made the finger coverage go to about 12mm with a double halo and I still feel it is very small compared to my other rings. I worry that at 10 o 11mm DSS will set in for you as well.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

Phoenix, did you see this ring that Elam just posted? Gorgeous!!! Something like this would be my suggestion...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

AAAADKp_EMYAAAAAAG4A9g.jpg

I'd do something like this. Yellow bezel around the center. Very BOLD halo with bright cut and pear shaped sidestones in yellow to match your center.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Alternately, I'd TOTALLY do a canary cluster with your cushion center. This one has a round, but I've seen them with cushions (with sapphires and rubies usually) and it looks FANTASTIC!

Pic is from here: http://www.nelsonrarities.com/dir01-12/gallery1.html

canarycluster1.JPG

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Cushion Clusters.

33044_large.jpg

32739_big.jpg

Perfect Deco Halo.jpg

4478727301276338954.JPG

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1318297675|3037429 said:
Alternately, I'd TOTALLY do a canary cluster with your cushion center. This one has a round, but I've seen them with cushions (with sapphires and rubies usually) and it looks FANTASTIC!

Pic is from here: http://www.nelsonrarities.com/dir01-12/gallery1.html
This literally gave me the chills.

lol I am such a jewelry geek

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sarahbear621|1318254767|3037028 said:
Phenoix,
I just did something similar with my .93FLY. I had WF do a double halo with a yellow gold basket underneath and a thin bezel (which you can't really see). Honestly it made the finger coverage go to about 12mm with a double halo and I still feel it is very small compared to my other rings. I worry that at 10 o 11mm DSS will set in for you as well.

Your ring is amazing! Congrats!! :appl: Have you posted handshots yet btw? I'd love it see how it looks on yr hand.

Very good comment abt the sizing and DSS!! :bigsmile: :naughty: It's certainly worth thinking about.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

stargurl78|1318296997|3037418 said:
Phoenix, did you see this ring that Elam just posted? Gorgeous!!! Something like this would be my suggestion...

I just looked it up. That is one heck of a substantial ring! :appl: Thanks for letting me know.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy,

OMG OMG!! I've just died and gone to bling heaven!! :appl: :appl:

Thanks so much for posting those pics. I never thought about doing a cluster ring like that. I only thought of doing dainty halo'es. I totally love this look :love: :love: . Just need to go try some on and see how such a design would look on my hand.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Phoenix|1318313077|3037562 said:
Gypsy,

Thanks so much for posting those pics. I never thought about doing a cluster ring like that. I only thought of doing dainty halo'es. I totally love this look :love: :love: . Just need to go try some on and see how such a design would look on my hand.

Perfect! So happy when I make a happy match between a shopper and a design!

I think it will look amazing on you and I KNOW you can TOTALLY ROCK IT!

I wanted something for you that would take that (small for you, but well... large for the rest of us) cushion and make it into a substantial RHR. Because I didn't want to see you reselling something with a small halo or even a double halo because it's not able to complete with the rest of your big bling. ;))

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1318314164|3037568 said:
Phoenix|1318313077|3037562 said:
Gypsy,

Perfect! So happy when I make a happy match between a shopper and a design!

I think it will look amazing on you and I KNOW you can TOTALLY ROCK IT!

I wanted something for you that would take that (small for you, but well... large for the rest of us) cushion and make it into a substantial RHR. Because I didn't want to see you reselling something with a small halo or even a double halo because it's not able to complete with the rest of your big bling. ;))

You know me well! :wink2: :bigsmile: Thank you sooooo much.

Since we're on a roll here, he he, how big should those surrounding diamonds be for my stone, d'ya think? 10 or 15pts?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'd have Victor advise you on size once he has the stone in hand. I'm sure he could take pics of both sizes next to the center so you can chose what looks right to you. BUT if I can make a suggestion... I would consider using AVR melee.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1318315053|3037577 said:
I'd have Victor advise you on size once he has the stone in hand. I'm sure he could take pics of both sizes next to the center so you can chose what looks right to you. BUT if I can make a suggestion... I would consider using AVR melee.

OMG!! You're incorrigible, all this enalbling...I want I want!! :naughty: :bigsmile:

(Hey, since I have this deposit at GOG and Jon doesn't seem to be able to come up with an Octavia just yet, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take some of that money out and buy some AVR's, no? :wink2: :twirl: )

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Phoenix|1318315346|3037579 said:
Gypsy|1318315053|3037577 said:

OMG!! You're incorrigible, all this enalbling...I want I want!! :naughty: :bigsmile:

(Hey, since I have this deposit at GOG and Jon doesn't seem to be able to come up with an Octavia just yet, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take some of that money out and buy some AVR's, no? :wink2: :twirl: )

Sometimes things just work out that way... ya know?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1318315512|3037581 said:

Yeah, I know, he he!! :bigsmile:

Thanks very much again. I'll make some enquiries and come back and post an update.

***ball's started rolling*** Phoenix rubbing hands together with big grin on her face, LOL***

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Phoenix|1318315695|3037582 said:
Gypsy|1318315512|3037581 said:

Yeah, I know, he he!! :bigsmile:

Thanks very much again. I'll make some enquiries and come back and post an update.

***ball's started rolling*** Phoenix rubbing hands together with big grin on her face, LOL***

Looking forward to it. =)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results