shape
carat
color
clarity

Another thread by a guy who wants some advice from PS forum goers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Hey Fannibal, what does AGS put as the Star and LGF lengths on the GOG diamond?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 12:18:44 AM
Author: fannibal
Heh ok sure thing, I''ll reserve it.

I just have some last minute hesitations about the diamond. I see a big blob in the idealscope image, but Good old gold reassured me that it is eye clean. Am I just being paranoid here? any last minute thoughts?

-Fan
Probably.
2.gif
It''s a big expenditure though, so understandable.

Also, remember, these pics are maginified BIG time, everything is going to look huge, that doesn''t mean it is in real life. If GOG says it''s eyeclean, you can trust them. If your definition of eyeclean is not seeing anything from any angle at any distance, make sure you are both on the same page.

It''s going to be a stunning stone.
28.gif

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 1:36:57 AM
Author: WorkingHardforSmallRewards

I am sorry Ira, I do not understand what you just said: 're the IS image...weren't they only reliably with their 'signature' selection. '

And I am def. not seeing the IS image on this page...and yes it has changed, it used to be badge right? and a much prettier hearts/butterfly, much like the JA reps use as their avatar, and it seemed to be better organized before, for me at least.

Also, it is classifed as one of their Hearts and Arrows ideal which means it is in stock and I believe that is the highest classification or 'signature' series that they have anymore.

I did find the IS image but I had to run an actual search and see it in the inventory list. I don't see it clickable from that page I linked? am i blind??
Hey WorkingHard,

You're not blind.
4.gif
We just relaunched the site on Friday and are experiencing some technical difficulties, especially with the Hearts and Arrows search function and IS images. We're working to get the problems resolved, hopefully within a week or so. You're right about being able to click on IS images from the search page, but not from within the actual page with the individual diamond.

Also, thanks very much for the feedback.

fannibal

Rough_Rock
20.gif
*ahem* ... off topic?
23.gif

fannibal

Rough_Rock
star and LGF lengths? what are those?

Julianna

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the threadjack!
1.gif
Star facet = the eight facets around the table, LGF = lower girdle facets, which are the 16 pavilion facets, located, of course, "below the girdle".

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Forgive me for chiming in but to answer the question WHFSR, 61.7% star length and lower girdle facet length is 76.8% while the lower girdle facet depth is 78.5%. GIA uses the length measurement while AGS uses the depth measurement.

Peace,

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
For your referrence fannibal here is a graphic depicting all the facets sets of a round brilliant cut. The stars extend off the table facet and the lower halves (also called lower girdles) are between the pavilion main facets. Hope that helps.

Regards,

ALLPROPORTIONS600.gif

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2007 4:32:07 PM
Author: Rhino
Forgive me for chiming in but to answer the question WHFSR, 61.7% star length and lower girdle facet length is 76.8% while the lower girdle facet depth is 78.5%. GIA uses the length measurement while AGS uses the depth measurement.

Peace,
Gentle correction Rhino. AGS reports length on their grading reports too.

They still use height in research because it's easier to use in STLs, but GIA had already begun reporting length as of 1/2006 (rounded) so AGS went that way as well, to avoid confusion.

fannibal

Rough_Rock
Ok guys, I see 2 diamonds and I was wondering which one has a better cut. Also, the 1.015 seems to have a bigger inclusion that I can see with the microscope image. Howoever, I don''t know if I am right, but the 1.015 seems to have a better idealscope image. I looked at the GemAdvisor images, and it reported that the 1.015 diamond has a better cut quality. Any thoughts?

1.007 G SI1

or

1.015 G SI1

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2007 10:16:12 AM
Ok guys, I see 2 diamonds and I was wondering which one has a better cut. Also, the 1.015 seems to have a bigger inclusion that I can see with the microscope image. Howoever, I don''t know if I am right, but the 1.015 seems to have a better idealscope image. I looked at the GemAdvisor images, and it reported that the 1.015 diamond has a better cut quality. Any thoughts?

1.007 G SI1

or

1.015 G SI1
My first thought is, you are overanalyzing and splitting hairs on cut.
11.gif
2.gif

If you want to do that, the 1.015 is cut a bit tighter than the other. But BOTH would be stunning.

As for the inclusions, you need to ask GOG. They have the stones in hand, we don''t. As I said before, give them your definition of what eyeclean is, and then pick accordingly.

fannibal

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/2/2007 10:39:11 AM
Author: Ellen
Date: 8/2/2007 10:16:12 AM

1.007 G SI1

or

1.015 G SI1
My first thought is, you are overanalyzing and splitting hairs on cut.
11.gif
2.gif

If you want to do that, the 1.015 is cut a bit tighter than the other. But BOTH would be stunning.

As for the inclusions, you need to ask GOG. They have the stones in hand, we don''t. As I said before, give them your definition of what eyeclean is, and then pick accordingly.

Yes I probably am overanalyzing. I went to a local jewler 2 days ago and I could barely tell the difference between a G colored and a H colored, and I couldn''t see any inclusions in any SI1 diamonds... but its always good knowing I got the *best* diamond I could get

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results