shape
carat
color
clarity

Another recycling project...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
This is a horrible picture, but it is the best I can get with my crummy camera.

The Pear is my original diamond from my ER, 32 yrs. ago. It has been sitting in jewelry
box for ages. I finally asked Brian at Whiteflash to set it for me. The pear has low specs,
low color, maybe a J or lower, .96ct. It has visible inclusions to the naked eye, if you look real hard. My design drawing to Brian was for the diamond above the pear be set in a basket, not a bezel. I am trying to decide if I should get Leon at WF to redo it. Also I think the jump ring that is between the pear and the little diamond needs some adjustment or needs to be larger. The pear doesn''t have the movement I wanted.

I''ll try to post a few shots. PS''ers, tell your opinions on the bezel issue.

WFPear 024remake.JPG

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
With my WF ACA 1.54

WFPear 009redo.JPG

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Let''s see what this looks like...

WFPear 016redo.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I think it looks very elegant!

cheers--Sharon

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Last One

wfPearRemake.JPG

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Better shot of the bezel.
Honestly, I still like the idea of a basket setting.
What do you guys think?

WFPear 017redo.JPG

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ann, just mo, but if the round above the pear is the same size as the rest set as DBTY i would prefer it to be bezel-ed as well. If it was bigger it would be a 50/50 for me, but i just do not like baskets generally, they look too utilitarian for me in most cases. I agree with you on a bit longer bail.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ann, I think the necklace is absolutely gorgeous!

Not sure I''m getting the bezel/basket thing though--do you mean you wanted the pear set in a bezel instead of a basket (because it looks like it is in a basket to me--or maybe it''s just a trick of the photo?)?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
i understand it the opposite Dee, Ann wanted the round above the pear be in basket too like the pear.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/7/2007 1:07:01 PM
Author: Pricescope
i understand it the opposite Dee, Ann wanted the round above the pear be in basket too like the pear.

Oh NOW I get it. Sorry for being so dense Ann!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh, I love it! I think bezel is good for the pair since the rest is bezel. I think the flow of that is good.

I can see though wanting the pear to have more movement.

Its beautiful!

Now we need to see it on :)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 1:03:56 PM
if the round above the pear is the same size as the rest set as DBTY i would prefer it to be bezel-ed as well.

Yeah .. I totally agree ... have you ever considered putting a bezel on the pear to go with the whole DBTY look? It would make it more different than your RB pendant .. *shrug*

widget

Ideal_Rock
OH, how lovely!

I''d totally want the pear bezelled....it would unify the look of the whole piece....and help make the pear stand out a bit more. (To me, the basket set pear sort of ''fades out'' a bit compared to the other bezelled stones..)

JMO
1.gif

widget

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful Ann!!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Bezel-ed pear can be problematic because of the depth of this bigger stone, if nothing but bezel around the girdle will support the pear it would probably lay on it's side against Ann's skin. Heehee...may i suggest a bellerina bezel?
11.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 1:56:48 PM
Bezel-ed pear can be problematic because of the depth of this bigger stone, if nothing but bezel around the girdle will support the pear it would probably lay on it''s side against Ann''s skin. Heehee...may i suggest a bellerina bezel?
11.gif
I hadn''t thought of that. Can a stone be set in a basket, and bezel-ed? Is the bellerina thus?

widget

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ann, it is GORGEOUS!!!! Wow, wow wow.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Love it!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
No Widget, it''s like our mutt dogs (they are the best as you know) - a mix between a bezel and a basket, but really is neither one.
9.gif

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!

I love the necklace and especially now that the lonely ol'' pear
is being put to use!

The little ACA RB above the pear is smaller than the other ACA''s on the
chain. If I remember correctly, the one above the pear is a .10ct and the ones on
the chain are .12ct.

I''m ok with the RB being bezel set like the others on the chain,
but otherwise I am not a fan of bezels. The pear is fine, but it does
need more "swing" !

Originally we were going to space the DBTY out differently. I think that got
lost in translation like the basket idea. But all is well, with the exception
of the larger ring between the pear and RB.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Ann if you tell me how do you want diamonds to be arranged on the chain i''ll easily make a photoshop with top diamond in the basket and a longer bail, you should have what you wanted, it does not matter if we like the necklace, it''s your piece.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i just way to say I think both pieces are beautiful..

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, but you don''t have to go to that much trouble!

I decided it was ok to keep the DBTY as they are, if they were spaced further
apart, then they would end up under my hair, which is shoulder length. So, the diamond
spacing is ok. It''s the center RB that I felt unsure about.It will go back to WF and get the swing on the pear checked. I live in Houston, so that''s an easy thing to do.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
It is a very pretty necklace Ann! How would you feel about removing the round diamond above the pear completely? Would the pear have better swing if it were on a bail? I guess Whiteflash is the best one to help you make changes to get the look you want so it is handy that you are in Houston. Let us know what you decide.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Love the bezel set diamond above the pear, but definitely agree that the pear needs to have a bit more swing... it looks a little "stiff". But otherwise, that''s a BEAUTIFUL necklace - I love it!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
great looking necklace! i would love to see neck shots when you are ready.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Ann! Those are gorgeous!!! I love them
30.gif
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, Ann, those are gorgeous! Seriously! I love the pear pendant exactly as it is! I really love the DBY look and the pear pendant on it. Your round pendant is so beautiful, too!

Are those in wg or platinum?

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
Wow ann, seeing the pics of your necklace made me dig out my DBTY necklace I got custom made by WF. I haven''t worn it in the longest time and your pretty necklace made me fall in love with it again!

I actually prefers the bezelled round, not too sure abt the longer bale though.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/7/2007 8:51:04 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Gosh, Ann, those are gorgeous! Seriously! I love the pear pendant exactly as it is! I really love the DBY look and the pear pendant on it. Your round pendant is so beautiful, too!

Are those in wg or platinum?

WG, but the bezels might be Platinum, can''t remember what
Leon did!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results