shape
carat
color
clarity

Another recycle project...loose stones of 0.45ct, 0.23ct, 0.08-0.12ct...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would anyone like to help me with another recycle project?

I have several loose stones that I don't know what to do with. Most of these have been left to me by my late mom, so I treasure them very much and would like to be able to reset them into something I could actually wear. I've had them reset into various things already but ended up not wearing them, because they're far too small for *me* to be set individually or even in pairs. So far, I've already tried to reset the largest of these loose ones into bezelled earrings and then bezelled earrings plus jackets and still ended up not wearing them. I've also asked my jeweller to have them set into DBTY bracelet or necklace and they said that I would not wear it, because the diamonds would flip and I would also not wear them because the effect would not be "blingy enough" (their words, not mine,
2.gif
1.gif
).

So altogether I have (all are RB's, all are E-F colour, VS clarity, cut so so):

1) two loose stones of about 0.40-0.45ct each

2) three loose stones of 0.23ct each

3) three loose stones of 0.08, 0.10 and 0.12ct each

Potentially, I could even set these together with some or all of my 3-stone ring, which consists of two 0.60ct each side stones and one 0.90ct centre stone. The only problem is the two side, though of E-F colour, are Si1 clarity and the centre stone is H colour. So, I'm not sure if they'll be matchy matchy.

I also have another two 10 RB pointers, also estimated E-F colour, VS clarity, from my JA pear jackets which I may remove, because I am hoping to upgrade the pears some time later this year.

I'd prefer a cluster ring, if that's possible, though am not sure how it'd end up looking like!
3.gif
. I don't think I'd want more earrings as I have quite a few pairs already, and I am not particularly keen on a necklace, though a pendant, if done tastefully, would be a possibility.

Thanks in advance. Any advice would be appreciated. Pics/ photoshop images would be particularly helpful.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you tell us what you already own? Especially things that you wear frequently.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 7:22:15 AM
Author: Addy
Can you tell us what you already own? Especially things that you wear frequently.
Thanks, Addy.

Hmmm...that's an interesting Q. I've had a few things reset and given some away to my nieces and sisters. Haven't taken stock recently, so this is a GOOD question (for insurance purposes)
1.gif
:

The things I wear most frequently:

1) my 3.02ct ering - every day

2) and 3) 3.444 cttw WF ACA martini studs - almost every day (occasionally paired with the JA halo'ed jackets)

4) either 3-stone RHR (mentioned in above post) or my halo'ed LM pear RHR - most of the time, sometimes not

5) Rolex watch - everyday, for functional reasons only (don't love it, but not going to change any time soon
4.gif
)

Here are those that I wear less frequently:

6) my now 7cttw dangly earrings - very seldom (special occasions only)

7) yellow and cognac diamond bracelet - not often

8) white diamond bracelet - not often

9) diamond halo'ed red garnet pendant - sometimes

10) black South China Sea pearl necklace - sometimes for work

11) white pearl necklace - again sometimes for work

12) a SCS pearl and diamond pendant - only ever worn once or twice, thinking of giving this away to one of my sisters

13) dangly earrings with bezelled yellow diamonds and diamond halo'ed red garnets

14) black SCS pearl dangly jackets - again might give these away

15) diamond eternity band in platinum - hardly ever wear anymore, since it doesn't fit, as I put on some weight recently
7.gif
, might try and sell it

And, these two which I wear every day on my left and right hands:

16) and 17) two Tiffany diamond eternity bands, Novo and Metro

Phew, I think that's it!

Oh sorry, and 18) my platinum wedding band, hee heee, how could I forget?!!
9.gif

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Just in looking at it, my first thought was to do some sort of Journey pendant, since the stones are of similar but increasing size and there''s about the right number for such a style of pendant.

Don''t know if that''s your style though.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 8:47:17 AM
Author: Phoenix

Date: 2/2/2009 7:22:15 AM
Thanks, Addy.

Hmmm...that''s an interesting Q. I''ve had a few things reset and given some away to my nieces and sisters. Haven''t taken stock recently, so this is a GOOD question (for insurance purposes)
1.gif
:

The things I wear most frequently:

1) my 3.02ct ering - every day

2) and 3) 3.444 cttw WF ACA martini studs - almost every day (occasionally paired with the JA halo''ed jackets)

4) either 3-stone RHR (mentioned in above post) or my halo''ed LM pear RHR - most of the time, sometimes not

5) Rolex watch - everyday, for functional reasons only (don''t love it, but not going to change any time soon
4.gif
)

Here are those that I wear less frequently:

6) my now 7cttw dangly earrings - very seldom (special occasions only)

7) yellow and cognac diamond bracelet - not often

8) white diamond bracelet - not often

9) diamond halo''ed red garnet pendant - sometimes

10) black South China Sea pearl necklace - sometimes for work

11) white pearl necklace - again sometimes for work

12) a SCS pearl and diamond pendant - only ever worn once or twice, thinking of giving this away to one of my sisters

13) dangly earrings with bezelled yellow diamonds and diamond halo''ed red garnets

14) black SCS pearl dangly jackets - again might give these away

15) diamond eternity band in platinum - hardly ever wear anymore, since it doesn''t fit, as I put on some weight recently
7.gif
, might try and sell it

And, these two which I wear every day on my left and right hands:

16) and 17) two Tiffany diamond eternity bands, Novo and Metro

Phew, I think that''s it!

Oh sorry, and 18) my platinum wedding band, hee heee, how could I forget?!!
9.gif
Hmmmm...I actually forgot one item, a pair of Lazare cluster flower earrings which wear instead of my ACA''s if I want to "dress down" a little. So that''d be no 19 on the list. I think it''s time I gave some my bling away, LOL.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 7:36:23 PM
Author: GossamerAngel
Just in looking at it, my first thought was to do some sort of Journey pendant, since the stones are of similar but increasing size and there's about the right number for such a style of pendant.

Don't know if that's your style though.
Thanks, Gossamer.

That's an interesting idea. Do you have any specific design in mind? Pics?

(The ones I've seen are all straight / gradual style which would be fine if all the stones are gradually increasing in size, but mine are all diffrent sizes with some the same - ie. in pairs - whereas the others are all different).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 8:29:03 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
The .23''s and lower could be made into a scattered diamond chain. I think the .40''s might be a little big to combine with the others, though. Tiffany has one they call a sprinkle necklace:

http://www.tiffany.com/Shopping/Item.aspx?sku=12870949&mcat=148210&cid=297647&search_params=s+5-p+1-c+297647-r+101323351-x+-n+6-ri+-ni+0-t+

Maytal Hannah would be a good one for that project. She has some beautiful bezel chains on her site.
Thanks, DS.

I actually do
30.gif
the scattered diamond chain. I asked my jeweller about this and they said the bezels would flip and they also said that it''d not be substantial enough since I''m used to wearing larger diamonds, so I may end up not wearing it at all. Any thoughts?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any ideas for new pieces, but I would like to volunteer to be an adoptive parent of any and all of the pieces you''re planning to give away. I would give them a fantastic home with lots of love and care :D

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/2/2009 10:57:17 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
I don''t have any ideas for new pieces, but I would like to volunteer to be an adoptive parent of any and all of the pieces you''re planning to give away. I would give them a fantastic home with lots of love and care :D

You beat me to it! Feel free to look me up should you be willing to make some storage space
30.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha!!
9.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2009 11:02:24 PM
Author: Noahsmom

You beat me to it! Feel free to look me up should you be willing to make some storage space
30.gif
Et vous aussi?!
9.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is really hard because you do seem to wear lots of large pieces on a daily basis. A .08 carat just doesn't make an impact on you. I love Ellen's idea. Do you ever dress down at all? To do the gardening or something
2.gif
? I don't have a clue what to do with them.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/3/2009 10:58:38 AM
This is really hard because you do seem to wear lots of large pieces on a daily basis. A .08 carat just doesn't make an impact on you. I love Ellen's idea. Do you ever dress down at all? To do the gardening or something
2.gif
? I don't have a clue what to do with them.
Thanks, Addy. I appreciate your taking the time to post and to consider ideas for me.

I think I'm going to have these set into a ring. Not sure what you call this type, it's not quite a cluster ring. It'll have three or four very thin micropaven eternity bands linked together (not in straight lines - but more like zig-zag lines, not sure really how to describe it, LOL) with the different sized diamonds in-between the bands. I saw a slightly different version (with half eternity bands which i don't totally *love*) at a local jeweller's and it had four or five smaller diamonds than mine on it - about 6-8 pointers each, I'd guess. The whole thing looked quite lovely. I think (hope?) they'll be able to insert my loose stones, which are quite a bit larger, into full sized eternity bands. I am waiting for their quote and if it's reasonable, I'll speak to the designer to iron out the details and see if such a ring is really feasible.

Thanks, everyone, for taking the time to post and for your suggestions. Will keep you updated.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results