shape
carat
color
clarity

Another one bites the dust...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock

....in a GOOD way! Cross me off the list because I am finally engaged! I had a relatively short stint on the LIW list, but I''ve been around PS for quite a while. In any event my FI proposed on Saturday!!! We have pretty much done things a#%-backwards (we have already started planning the wedding). We also chose and purchased the ring together some months ago, but were waiting on final blessing from our parents and for him to actually move here where I live to actually get engaged. So after a couple of years long trans-continental relationship...we are finally living in the same place and getting ready to start our life together on the same continent!

Long story short...proposing (in the Western way) isn''t really part of my FI''s culture so I was totally expecting a really mundane "here''s the ring" type of deal. But I was completely surprised by what he did. We were both out separately on Saturday running errands and hanging out with friends. He returned home before I did and was acting rather strange. Like sitting there watching me eat, and not eating himself. This man will eat ANYTIME. When I first came in, he was upstairs and didn''t come down until about 15 minutes later. All the while he is sitting there watching me with this waiting expression on his face. I''m like "dude, what is your problem??? I know you love me and all but...geez." I suspect nothing. Finally he went back upstairs and about 10 minutes after that I followed to show him something. At the top of the stairs was a box like you get from the build a teddy bear place. And at first I was like, what the heck is this doing in the middle of the floor??? Then I saw the note...on which he had written some really wonferful things, and at the end asked me to marry him. Inside the box was the teddy bear dressed up like a groom with the ring sitting in some roses in the teddy bear''s hand. It was an awesome proposal and I gladly accepted!

And for those ladies wondering about the element of surprise even when you''ve chosen the ring yourself....it was still there for me. It was the perfect scenario! I will attach a few pics for your enjoyment.

9.gif

Thanks for reading!!

mouspa.JPG

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Here''s another...

mouspa2.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Onedrop! Congratulations!! Your ring is beautiful. Could we have details on the ring?
21.gif

Finding_Neverland

Shiny_Rock
WOW, Onedrop!!

How unique!! Your proposal!!

And your ring is GORGEOUS!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Many Congrats to you both!!
36.gif

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Beautiful ring and cute engagement story. Is the center stone round or oval? Hard for me to tell in the photo..

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Congrats! Enjoy the engagement. It''s going to FLY!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats onedrop, your ring is sooooo pretty..

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Congrats Onedrop! Beautiful ring and amazing proposal story! How romantic and adorable!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY Onedrop!!!!!! Congrats on your engagement, the proposal was so perfect and sweet. I love your ering!!!!! Best wishes to you both, woohoo!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
what a sweet proposal, the ring looks beautiful on your hand!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is lovely!
36.gif

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations, what a wonderful proposal.

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! More ring pictures!!!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
HaHa, glad to see you *bit the dust* LOL!! Congratulations, lovely ring as well!!! It''s looks beautifu on you!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats onedrop!! What a lovely proposal!! Beautiful ring!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies!!! I am so happy to FINALLY be able to wear the ring. We''ve had it in our possession for months. But more so I am happy just to know that everything is *official.*

I promise to post some additional pics of the ring, I know the one above is blurry. Sorry about that!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! And your proposal story is so sweet!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
how sweet!
congrats onedrop!
36.gif
i''m so happy for you girl!

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! The ring looks so pretty! Can''t wait to see some more pics!

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations onedrop!! That is such a sweet story- very unique and your ring is beautiful!!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, onedrop! What a stunning ring and such a sweet, heartfelt proposal!

cRaSh

Shiny_Rock
How AWESOME!!!! What a BEAUTIFUL ring!! CONGRATS!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
awwwwwwwwwww I loved that proposal!
5.gif

What a sweet guy!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Onedrop, you''ve been ''dropped'' from the list
2.gif
9.gif

Congrats!!! and what a pretty ring!!!

M~

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Such a sweet proposal! Your ring is so beautiful too. And your lovely hands make it even MORE beautiful.

Do we diamond fiends get specs on the ring?

Warm congratulations to both of you!
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, and awesome proposal! You''ve gotta show us pics of the teddy bear!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Hi again! Thank you, thank you thank you!!!! You all are just too sweet! I truly appreciate all of the congratulations and good wishes and compliments. I will give the boy your compliments on the proposal as well.
9.gif

I started a thread with pictures over on SMTR here. I can''t get good hand shots yet, but I am still trying. When I do I will definitely post them. And per FG''s request I will try and get good pics of the teddy bear.
2.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on finally being "official"! :) I think the proposal''s adorable
1.gif

jen

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
YAY - Congratulations! What a lovely proposal.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results