shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Old Euro Three Stone...by Singlestone

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Before I share the journey of this ring’s creation with you, I want to thank TGal for her generosity in sharing the design of her ring with me. I contacted her offline and asked her how she felt about my emulating her design as closely as possible. She couldn’t have been nicer about the whole thing and was so gracious when she saw the photos that Ari sent to me. So….many, many thanks to TGal for creating the most gorgeous three stone I’ve ever seen and for being kind enough to share!

I’ve had these stones for a few months now. I got them on eBay and had both my jeweler and Ari vet them for me. The center stone is 7.5mm, J VS2 and the sides are 4.8/5.0mm J/K SI1.

There's a decent macro shot of the center stone below. They are not certed and Ari and I discussed sending them to GIA before setting them and in the end, decided not to do so for a variety of reasons. I’ve had a few pangs about that decision and hope that we made the right choice. I contacted my insurance company to make sure that they would insure the stones based on two independent appraisals and they said they would. I’m only insuring for replacement value and since I actually got them for a VERY reasonable price, if heaven forbid, the ring needed replacing, I know financially I’d come out ahead.

Once I had the stones, I started looking at settings. I truly couldn’t find anything that was perfect until I saw TGal’s ring. So, I got TGal’s blessing and I contacted 23rd Street, but they didn’t return my emails, so I moved onto Singlestone (I figured that since 23rd Street had made the original, it made sense to start with them). However, I adore Ari and was excited to be working with him again. I told Ari that I wanted my ring to be as close to TGal’s as possible. I went with platinum versus unplated wg because I was concerned that finding unplated wg bands might be a challenge.

Fast forward 5 weeks and my ring is here. I am in love! The proportions are perfect, the engraving is divine and the milgrain is as delicate as could be! There are a few slight differences in my ring and TGal’s, but I love it. It gives me amazing finger coverage (my right hand is a size 5.75, but the ring is a 6) and is very comfortable to wear (so far).

I am currently looking for band(s) for the ring, so if anyone has suggestions, bring ‘em on! I'd need a size 5.75 or 6 and I'm open to mixing metals....the bands in the photo are samples SS took photos of for me.

Now, onto my crappy photos. I've tried, really I have....suffice it to say that the details of my ring as as close to TGal's stunner as possible.

threestonehand_shot.jpg
threestonestack.jpg
threestoneprofile.jpg
threestone5.jpg
3stone1.jpg

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful rendition of TGal's ring! Love them both! How will you wear this new 3 stone--LHR or RHR?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks mom2boys. It will be a RHR, though the photos are on my left because I couldn't hold the camera steady with my left hand!

Here are a couple more photos:

threestone3.jpg
threestone1.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well Yenny, here is the reason I'm pissed off about the whole thing:

I know your other SS ring is the same size as my 3 stone. We were supposed to TIMESHARE our rings. How the hell are we supposed to do that now when I have no incentive to offer you because you have one of your own? :rodent: ;))

As you know, I think they did a great job, and it's a great exercise in seeing what two local vendors can do! It's obvious and confirmed to me now that they use the same engraver (the details are exact). I actually knew this before though as I found another SS ring on PS that had the same engraving as mine (her ring was done much earlier.)

The differences, for anyone who can't tell, is that mine is prong set with the girdles of the diamond over the line of the setting, while Yenny's is recessed in and set differently, resulting in a slightly more pronounced outline and cleaner horizontal profile. It's also more true to the rings set this way of the period - Dreamer's for example. Mine is a more modern, bastardized, version, lol. A few of us actually talked about setting my ring this way on my "process" thread.

Too bad about 23rd street, but that doesn't surprise me too much. They are just more set up to work locally, maybe. Since I'm local to 23rd and SS both, good for me, ha!

Oh, and 7.5mm center...I'm jealous. :devil:

Wear it in good health Yenny. Obviously I think it's GORGEOUS, and I couldn't think of a nicer PSer to love my ring enough to want a special version of her own. :appl:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I've been waiting to see when you'd post your ring! I remember when you slightly mentioned you got 3 stones that you were working with, and I forced a convo outta you. I'm so happy that TGal was so sweet to give you the blessing with a dupe. :wavey:

Was this a particular listing on eBay with the 3 stones in one traditional 3stone ring? The facets in that close up look super familiar :naughty: and I wonder if that was the one I had been watching and had rec'd to more than a few people to buy. It's beautiful, Yenny! :appl: :appl: :appl: and it's HUGE!

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
TravelingGal|1348591236|3274366 said:

I know your other SS ring is the same size as my 3 stone. We were supposed to TIMESHARE our rings. How the hell are we supposed to do that now when I have no incentive to offer you because you have one of your own? :rodent: ;))

OMG TGal, give a girl a heart attack! My heart SUNK when I saw the first few words of your post...you little minx! Now that I can breathe again....thank you again for your generosity of spirit! We can still timeshare our rings because I don't own a solitaire of any kind (and guarantee that there's not going to be one in my future--hubby has finally put his foot down, so to speak), so we can trade those back and forth. :bigsmile:

Thanks for outlining the differences in our rings more clearly than I could. You are definitely more articulate than I am, as well as a MUCH better photographer!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it, Yenny! Talk about finger coverage!!

And can I just say Tgal is so sweet and such a class act. I couldn't picture her ever being miffed that someone "copied" her ring.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1348592281|3274378 said:
TravelingGal|1348591236|3274366 said:

OMG TGal, give a girl a heart attack! My heart SUNK when I saw the first few words of your post...you little minx! Now that I can breathe again....thank you again for your generosity of spirit! We can still timeshare our rings because I don't own a solitaire of any kind (and guarantee that there's not going to be one in my future--hubby has finally put his foot down, so to speak), so we can trade those back and forth. :bigsmile:

Thanks for outlining the differences in our rings more clearly than I could. You are definitely more articulate than I am, as well as a MUCH better photographer!

But my solitaire is size 4.75 so too small to trade. ;( How about you just send me your e-ring, and I'll wear that on my left, my 3 stone on my right, and just pretend I'm you. :cheeky:

Laila, thanks, lol. No, I'd never be miffed. I like Ari/Singlestone alot and he was very helpful to me (sold my brooch for me) even though I didn't give him the business. So I feel in a way he was able to benefit by getting to make Yenny's ring...makes me happy for everyone all the way around. ::)

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
WOWZERS!!! Love this ring. Excellent design, beautiful craftsmanship, gorgeous diamonds - for both you and TGal!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guessed right!!! :appl: It is gorgeous, Yenny! :love: :love: :love: Oh, you make me want one of those!!!

I also said somewhere that I thought SS and 23rd St,. used the same bench at times, so it is good to have that confirmed.

Oh, and I don't think I wear a band with it since you intend for it to be a RHR.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
FANTASTIC!!! Its beautiful ---- just PERFECT!!! :love: :love: :love: Yowzers!!! I love the setting and looks gorgeous on your hand - how exciting to finally HAVE it on your hand! :appl: :appl: :appl:

TGal was so kind and generous to give her blessing - I hope you BOTH enjoy your twin sister rings for many many years!!! ("REAL" years, not "PS years" that mean you buy and sell on preloved!!! :lol: )

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1348600093|3274455 said:
I guessed right!!! :appl: It is gorgeous, Yenny! :love: :love: :love: Oh, you make me want one of those!!!

I also said somewhere that I thought SS and 23rd St,. used the same bench at times, so it is good to have that confirmed.

Oh, and I don't think I wear a band with it since you intend for it to be a RHR.

DS, I think they used the same engraver in the case, but not the same bench. I think 23rd has an exclusive on the bench that crafted my version of this ring.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1348601855|3274476 said:

DS, I think they used the same engraver in the case, but not the same bench. I think 23rd has an exclusive on the bench that crafted my version of this ring.

That certainly may be. I have just seen the exact same setting (not this one) before at 23rd St. that SS also makes, so I know they are also probably using the same benches some of the time. But it sort of surprises me that you think they used one bench to make the setting and then a totally different engraver.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1348602118|3274478 said:
TravelingGal|1348601855|3274476 said:

That certainly may be. I have just seen the exact same setting (not this one) before at 23rd St. that SS also makes, so I know they are also probably using the same benches some of the time. But it sort of surprises me that you think they used one bench to make the setting and then a totally different engraver.

The engraver is just that...an engraver. He's his own gig. My ring went to a designer, then a separate engraver, then back to the bench. I know this because they thought my ring would be delayed because of the engraver specifically. I was told this before they even sent my stones off.

They have more than one bench they use for different things. For instance, my earrings were not made by the same bench that made my ring.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a masterpiece!

Yenny those stones are just beautiful. What great finds...you did wonderfully!
Wear it in the best of health!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh so lovely!

cheers--Sharon

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Both your and tgal's rings are divine!!! I think we need a family shot with your oval. :naughty: :love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice! Great job choosing your stones.

And I must say I love your ring MUCH better than TGals because your bezels look like MINE!! :tongue: :lol: No bias at all, it is my purely objective and correct opinion. Recessed bezel rule, tucked bezels drool.

But seriously, I love that style of mount, such a wonderful classic antique style. I loved it when I saw TGals octagonal bezels and it is just pure luck I found my own octagonal bezel when I found my dream stone. I think we should start a club -- three members makes a club in my book :read: TGal tried to start a club with me before but I thought, really, two people is not a club, its just two people. But THREE! Now we have a club. We must amass more converts.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful ring Yenny! So gracious of TGal to help you recreate a beautiful ring. Hope you enjoy yours as much as TGal enjoys hers. Would love to see some more closeups of the ring when you get a chance!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1348609990|3274564 said:

And I must say I love your ring MUCH better than TGals because your bezels look like MINE!! :tongue: :lol: No bias at all, it is my purely objective and correct opinion. Recessed bezel rule, tucked bezels drool.

But seriously, I love that style of mount, such a wonderful classic antique style. I loved it when I saw TGals octagonal bezels and it is just pure luck I found my own octagonal bezel when I found my dream stone. I think we should start a club -- three members makes a club in my book :read: TGal tried to start a club with me before but I thought, really, two people is not a club, its just two people. But THREE! Now we have a club. We must amass more converts.

Ah, but if this is a recessed octagon bezel club, then you still only have two. ;))

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhh MY!!!! That is stunning and perfect on your hand!!! Love, love, love it!!!! :love: :love:

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
You know we need more pictures, right? The oecs are beautifully cut! Congrats on finding such a perfect set!!

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. Love it (and TGal's too, of course!)!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's fabulous yenny!!! :love: Looks amazing and has awesome finger coverage! Love it!

Gah, these gorgeous 3 stone rings are killing me!
(junebug retreats to a corner to recite her mantra...be happy with what you have, be happy with... :D )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:
Wear in health and happiness Yenny!!
And don't forget to post the family shots with T-Gal's ring. Though I might have a heart attack with all that beautiful bling in one photo!
:naughty:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Yenny!!! The OECs are gorgous, and the setting is amazing! :love: :love: :love:

I absolutely adore this setting, I am so jealous you and TGal's rings!!!! :lickout:

Congratulations! :appl: :appl: :appl:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Have mercy! :o Are you kidding me? I definitely would like to see family shots with the oval. You have an amazing collection :appl: Pleeeeaaase?
Thanks so much for sharing and making me want a three stone even more!!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1348610654|3274577 said:

Ah, but if this is a recessed octagon bezel club, then you still only have two. ;))

lol, you gals are funny.

What is the difference between these recessed bezels and tucked bezels?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1348619492|3274651 said:
TravelingGal|1348610654|3274577 said:

lol, you gals are funny.

What is the difference between these recessed bezels and tucked bezels?

We can maybe start a RT thread on it if you're interested? Leave this thread to Yenny's ring! ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results