shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Lay Away Ring!! (M-N color stone)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

I Love My Sailor

Shiny_Rock
Hello Pricescope,

I put another ring on lay away today!! My camera is dead but I plan on going back to the store later today to snap a couple of photos. The stone is uncertified weighing about 1.10 carat. The store gave me the option of sending the diamond to GIA but will include an appraisal from the store at no extra cost to me. The color is M or N and clarity is eye clean, that good for me. I''m not sure of the specs but its a beautiful stone. Its currently in a pave setting with pave on the prongs as well but I really don''t want pave and herd they can be a pain with loosing stones so, they will rest the stone in a more simple setting of my choice. The price is 3,066.00 which I don''t think is bad at all. Should I have it sent to GIA? It does look a little deep...maybe? but I still love it!! My e ring is a .84 but its an early RB cut very shallow with very little table or griddle so it faces up nice and big. so I am use to my shallow diamond, it could just be me.

Pictures will come but could someone give me a good link to N or M color stoned

Thanks

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 2:23:30 PM
Author:I Love My Sailor
Hello Pricescope,

I put another ring on lay away today!! My camera is dead but I plan on going back to the store later today to snap a couple of photos. The stone is uncertified weighing about 1.10 carat. The store gave me the option of sending the diamond to GIA but will include an appraisal from the store at no extra cost to me. The color is M or N and clarity is eye clean, that good for me. I''m not sure of the specs but its a beautiful stone. Its currently in a pave setting with pave on the prongs as well but I really don''t want pave and herd they can be a pain with loosing stones so, they will rest the stone in a more simple setting of my choice. The price is 3,066.00 which I don''t think is bad at all. Should I have it sent to GIA? It does look a little deep...maybe? but I still love it!! My e ring is a .84 but its an early RB cut very shallow with very little table or griddle so it faces up nice and big. so I am use to my shallow diamond, it could just be me.

Pictures will come but could someone give me a good link to N or M color stoned

Thanks
I would for anything over 1 carat jmho though, and I would want a separate appraisal independent of a store appraisal, but that''s me personally

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
I would either get a cert or a independent appraisal from a reputable appraiser. I would have it appraised or certed before I purchase. You don't want to pay for excess depth (that you can't see) that affects the light return of the stone.

Halfway down this page is LittleGreyKitten's M colored stone. It is hard to ascertain diamond color from photos, though.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/old-cut-lovers-please-sign-in.113724/page-7

Honestly, 3k is high for an M-N colored stone of that weight.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This video might be helpful also, bear in mind computer monitors vary as does actual colour perception but it might give you some idea.

http://vimeo.com/3288695

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results