shape
carat
color
clarity

Another Haunted Item- Thanks Best Friend

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sage smudging! Highly recommend. Not sure if it was placebo effect but seemingly got rid of our ghost.

Thank you for the recommendation. Now I want to know all about your ghost. Please tell.

We did a sage smudging of my house and my daughter's. She lived next door until she built a house. She was convinced her house was haunted. So we smudged hers and mine because - what the heck, why not.

She later changed her mind and said she thought I was haunted and brought the ghosts with me. I thoroughly disagree with that, but there were some strange things that would go on while I was there.

The people who bought the house are now my friends and a week after they moved in they asked me "Is this house haunted?" Seems like the window cranks were removed from the living room windows one night and put in their toddler son's toy box. He was too young and not savvy enough to crawl out of his crib at night to accomplish this.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@TheGarnetGirl [Slightly off topic but kinda-sorta related] Sooooo, would you like to see what you pick up about where my lost earrings are? :dance: I very vaguely remember taking them off and thinking, "Oh, I'll just tuck these here for the moment"... This was months ago. I really haven't a clue where they might be!

My sister and another girlfriend are both really intuitive and gave me some places to look. Nope. I've looked in all our luggage, in the car, in the places where I usually put sparklies. Nooope!

Aww, Im sorry you lost your earrings! Were they lost at home? If so I bet they will eventually turn up! & I totally wish that my gifts worked that way but they don't.

When it comes to channeling it's much like most of my gifts in that they are unharnessed and happen to me at random. I am learning how to control them, having only barely mastered at-will OBEs. The rest just happen and I'm not sure why or how. Certain things come to me but unfortunately I can't tap into everything. Hopefully one day I can learn to control them but right now they are mostly confusing events that I have to backtrack and piece together.

Like anyone else here I can only give you my best guess! Think cardigan or jacket pockets as well as jean pockets, behind kitchen appliances and on the kitchen floors, next to night stand & under the bed/nightstand. I would also look at the mats or doorways to your front and back entrances. I've had a necklace randomly decide to fall off there in the doorway haha

Goodluck & if I have a dream about them or do get some thing I'll make sure to let you know!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the recommendation. Now I want to know all about your ghost. Please tell.

We did a sage smudging of my house and my daughter's. She lived next door until she built a house. She was convinced her house was haunted. So we smudged hers and mine because - what the heck, why not.

She later changed her mind and said she thought I was haunted and brought the ghosts with me. I thoroughly disagree with that, but there were some strange things that would go on while I was there.

The people who bought the house are now my friends and a week after they moved in they asked me "Is this house haunted?" Seems like the window cranks were removed from the living room windows one night and put in their toddler son's toy box. He was too young and not savvy enough to crawl out of his crib at night to accomplish this.

What's a window crank ?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I had an office ghost for a few years. I worked (before the pandemic) in the basement of a refurbished house. It was not terribly old, maybe from the 1950s. In any event, I had co-workers upstairs, but at one point my boss moved everyone but me to the main office, so I was alone for a couple of years. It sounds strange, but my job does not connect with anyone else's job, so it was easy to set off to myself. In any event, I noticed the haunting on the first day there alone.

It happened mostly on rainy days. On my first day alone, I heard footsteps upstairs and what sounded like moving boxes or furniture across the floor. I figured one of the recently moved people were wrapping up some moving tasks until I realized that I had not heard the door alarm trip as is normal when someone comes in. Also, the volume was about half loud.

I checked the parking lot and I was alone....kinda. Because the noises would come and go, especially the footsteps. I ignored it unless it got really loud, in which I would run and pick up a cup of coffee. Taking a fear break, if you will.

Co-workers that dropped in to look at our surveillance cameras also heard it. They even went upstairs to let whoever was up there know they were headed back to the main office. No one was up there.

After a couple of years, I decided to have an out-loud conversation and I asked it to stay quiet so it didn't scare me. I never heard another peep. Kind of an anti-climatic ending, but it seemed to work.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's a window crank ?

It opens and closes the window. Here's a photo.

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 6.47.32 AM.png

Formal definition.

"a device for communicating motion or for converting reciprocating motion into rotarymotion or vice versa. It consists of an arm projecting from a shaft, often with a secondmember attached to it parallel to the shaft"

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I sage our homes every now and then. I feel it renews good energy and diminishes any negative energy. And I do agree a person can be haunted not just a house. If you haven't seen that series on Netflix My Ghost Story check it out. Very interesting (and scary).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had an office ghost for a few years. I worked (before the pandemic) in the basement of a refurbished house. It was not terribly old, maybe from the 1950s. In any event, I had co-workers upstairs, but at one point my boss moved everyone but me to the main office, so I was alone for a couple of years. It sounds strange, but my job does not connect with anyone else's job, so it was easy to set off to myself. In any event, I noticed the haunting on the first day there alone.

It happened mostly on rainy days. On my first day alone, I heard footsteps upstairs and what sounded like moving boxes or furniture across the floor. I figured one of the recently moved people were wrapping up some moving tasks until I realized that I had not heard the door alarm trip as is normal when someone comes in. Also, the volume was about half loud.

I checked the parking lot and I was alone....kinda. Because the noises would come and go, especially the footsteps. I ignored it unless it got really loud, in which I would run and pick up a cup of coffee. Taking a fear break, if you will.

Co-workers that dropped in to look at our surveillance cameras also heard it. They even went upstairs to let whoever was up there know they were headed back to the main office. No one was up there.

After a couple of years, I decided to have an out-loud conversation and I asked it to stay quiet so it didn't scare me. I never heard another peep. Kind of an anti-climatic ending, but it seemed to work.

Yes there are people who report just asking the entity nicely to please leave them alone works. Glad your encounter was a harmless one.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It opens and closes the window. Here's a photo.

Screen Shot 2021-01-07 at 6.47.32 AM.png

Formal definition.

"a device for communicating motion or for converting reciprocating motion into rotarymotion or vice versa. It consists of an arm projecting from a shaft, often with a secondmember attached to it parallel to the shaft"

What kind of window does it open ?
Sorry i just can't picture it

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is fascinating and thank you for sharing! You are quite brave too.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Actually, you could try asking the trunk to calm itself. Our 'residents' used to be really loud, snapping the light switches, knocking on the kids' doors and setting their toys off, stealing weird things and placing them on the steps, opening and closing doors and even throwing the kitchen clock across the room hard enough to dent it when we first moved in. All kinds of things. Our house is well known in the area. People came to the house to ask us how we were getting on when we first moved in. One much older lady who grew up here and played in the house wouldn't come in. We know who our ghosts are.
I just told them there is room enough for all of us and to please stop scaring my children. I think they just wanted to be acknowledged. They are still really active at certain times of the year but never menacing. We don't even notice it anymore. They are happy we're here. In fact they saved our lives once.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Actually, you could try asking the trunk to calm itself. Our 'residents' used to be really loud, snapping the light switches, knocking on the kids' doors and setting their toys off, stealing weird things and placing them on the steps, opening and closing doors and even throwing the kitchen clock across the room hard enough to dent it when we first moved in. All kinds of things. Our house is well known in the area. People came to the house to ask us how we were getting on when we first moved in. One much older lady who grew up here and played in the house wouldn't come in. We know who our ghosts are.
I just told them there is room enough for all of us and to please stop scaring my children. I think they just wanted to be acknowledged. They are still really active at certain times of the year but never menacing. We don't even notice it anymore. They are happy we're here. In fact they saved our lives once.

Ohhh, that's such an interesting story! After my mild "haunting", I am been so interested. But I want to ask, how did they save your lives (Sooo curious!)?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
That is fascinating and thank you for sharing! You are quite brave too.

Happy to share, I found it really curious. I even posted on Facebook a couple of times when I was sitting in my office listening to the strange noises. I WAS scared sometimes. The bathroom was upstairs....ugh, it felt like one of those scream movies. But when you gotta go....

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Ohhh, that's such an interesting story! After my mild "haunting", I am been so interested. But I want to ask, how did they save your lives (Sooo curious!)?

One night the first year we'd lived in this house, there was a very loud and heavy thunderstorm. DH had gone to bed hours ago upstairs and I had fallen asleep on the couch watching movies...In the middle of the night I am woken up by a voice shouting, "Get up. Go upstairs. NOW!" I shoot up terrified knowing I had to just bolt upstairs to our bedroom, didn't even question the command. I had been instructed.
A trickle of water must have been leaking into the attic from the roof and onto an old bit of electrical wire. We had just taken down a light in that room leaving a hole in the ceiling. The wire shouldn't have been live. I watched him make sure and then cap it for removal later earlier that day. We're not new to renovation/old houses.
It was.
This wire was arcing and smoking from the hole into our bedroom and was about to start a fire with DH sleeping, unaware. I could see it in the dark. I jump onto and holler at DH to get up and he sees what's happening and runs back down to turn off the power. He then went into the attic and removed that wiring altogether, right then. It was all very dramatic with the backdrop of the storm outside.
If they hadn't scared me out of sleep we could've been lost. All of us.
An attic/second floor fire would've burnt down this old wooden house down to the ground in no time flat. Because of them, it didn't.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Aww, Im sorry you lost your earrings! Were they lost at home? If so I bet they will eventually turn up! & I totally wish that my gifts worked that way but they don't.

When it comes to channeling it's much like most of my gifts in that they are unharnessed and happen to me at random. I am learning how to control them, having only barely mastered at-will OBEs. The rest just happen and I'm not sure why or how. Certain things come to me but unfortunately I can't tap into everything. Hopefully one day I can learn to control them but right now they are mostly confusing events that I have to backtrack and piece together.

Like anyone else here I can only give you my best guess! Think cardigan or jacket pockets as well as jean pockets, behind kitchen appliances and on the kitchen floors, next to night stand & under the bed/nightstand. I would also look at the mats or doorways to your front and back entrances. I've had a necklace randomly decide to fall off there in the doorway haha

Goodluck & if I have a dream about them or do get some thing I'll make sure to let you know!

@TheGarnetGirl That's the thing, I haven't a sniff where I put/lost the earrings! I've checked the car, through the house, clothing, jackets, luggage, cupboards, etc. I suppose that if they're meant to, they'll show up.

Best wishes for harnessing your intuition!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
One night the first year we'd lived in this house, there was a very loud and heavy thunderstorm. DH had gone to bed hours ago upstairs and I had fallen asleep on the couch watching movies...In the middle of the night I am woken up by a voice shouting, "Get up. Go upstairs. NOW!" I shoot up terrified knowing I had to just bolt upstairs to our bedroom, didn't even question the command. I had been instructed.
A trickle of water must have been leaking into the attic from the roof and onto an old bit of electrical wire. We had just taken down a light in that room leaving a hole in the ceiling. The wire shouldn't have been live. I watched him make sure and then cap it for removal later earlier that day. We're not new to renovation/old houses.
It was.
This wire was arcing and smoking from the hole into our bedroom and was about to start a fire with DH sleeping, unaware. I could see it in the dark. I jump onto and holler at DH to get up and he sees what's happening and runs back down to turn off the power. He then went into the attic and removed that wiring altogether, right then. It was all very dramatic with the backdrop of the storm outside.
An attic/second floor fire would've burnt down this old wooden house down to the ground in no time flat. Because of them, it didn't.

Oooh, I love this experience! That's so great you can all co-exist together.

A guy I used to work for moved to a really old house (gorgeous place) that still had its old 1920's wiring, plumbing, furnace, etc. He and his family could hear footsteps, glass breaking, thumping, crashing, etc., and there would be nothing disturbed when someone would get brave and go look.

They had a new furnace installed only to find bits and pieces of cloth, paper, plastic, etc., stuffed into one area of it. They called the installers back to repair it, thinking that they'd done a poor job. Nope. They'd installed to code. The house owners put it down to the "frisky" invisible inhabitant(s). Things kept getting more rambunctious, so they eventually called someone from a local university that had a parapsychology dept. at the time. They came and did some sort of communication with the entity and all was peaceful after that.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, I love this experience! That's so great you can all co-exist together.

A guy I used to work for moved to a really old house (gorgeous place) that still had its old 1920's wiring, plumbing, furnace, etc. He and his family could hear footsteps, glass breaking, thumping, crashing, etc., and there would be nothing disturbed when someone would get brave and go look.

They had a new furnace installed only to find bits and pieces of cloth, paper, plastic, etc., stuffed into one area of it. They called the installers back to repair it, thinking that they'd done a poor job. Nope. They'd installed to code. The house owners put it down to the "frisky" invisible inhabitant(s). Things kept getting more rambunctious, so they eventually called someone from a local university that had a parapsychology dept. at the time. They came and did some sort of communication with the entity and all was peaceful after that.

We love this house and everything in it. They make this place feel safe and give off the warmest energy. They make us feel home.
It certainly is interesting living here and there is almost always something going on. It's hopping most of the year. The dog sometimes will set to barking at the kitchen threshold at night every so often. She won't go in there to look if they're there. We see them/hear them moving around all the time. We're so used to it we don't really notice, but it freaks out the relatives/friends when they visit.:lol:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hope this helps illustrate it @Daisys and Diamonds.

Gary has explained it to me because i was completly lost
On high up windows in old school buildings they have them
and vekux sky lights and other roof level windows when they are not automatic
Old cars with very little automation would have window cranks for their windows.

DK :))

Handles :mrgreen2:
We just used to call then handles

(Our jeep had zipppers )

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was.

That's actually a lovelly thoight that someone was looking over you

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Learned something today. Never have seen anything like that in my entire life!

It reminds me of the first time i went to South Africa and had no idea how to flush my friend's loo (very concerning after a series of long flights)

we have buttons here not handle things on the side of the sisten

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
We love this house and everything in it. They make this place feel safe and give off the warmest energy. They make us feel home.
It certainly is interesting living here and there is almost always something going on. It's hopping most of the year. The dog sometimes will set to barking at the kitchen threshold at night every so often. She won't go in there to look if they're there. We see them/hear them moving around all the time. We're so used to it we don't really notice, but it freaks out the relatives/friends when they visit.:lol:

:kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: Awww, I truly do love hearing this! One happy household. I imagine that those beings are also happy to have kindred people in the house. This reminds me of the movie, Beetlejuice, once everyone became friends. LOL!

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It. Is. Going. Tonight.

Went to go to the meat market. My car battery is dead. It is a 2 year old battery with a 6 year warranty. I am charging it in the garage now.

Too coincidental for my comfort.

Well, if you've ever watched any ghost hunter shows, they do say that spirits do love to snatch energy from power sources or electronic devices. Just Sayin'!!!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Update- DH never did get rid of the trunk and it is way too heavy for me to lift into my car. So it sat in the garage and as suggested I put a salt ring around it and waited. DH doesn't believe in anything haunted so he was not motivated in this cold weather to complete the task of getting rid of it.

Today he has arranged for our friend Rob to pick the trunk up and he wants it gone today. Turns out the last few nights DH has experienced the breezeway sensor lights going on for no reason and some "stuff" he doesn't want to share. Lol

One hour until the trunk is gone. :appl::cool2:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Update- DH never did get rid of the trunk and it is way too heavy for me to lift into my car. So it sat in the garage and as suggested I put a salt ring around it and waited. DH doesn't believe in anything haunted so he was not motivated in this cold weather to complete the task of getting rid of it.

Today he has arranged for our friend Rob to pick the trunk up and he wants it gone today. Turns out the last few nights DH has experienced the breezeway sensor lights going on for no reason and some "stuff" he doesn't want to share. Lol

LOL ... well well well o_O

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Im just glad its finally going.
very strange indeed
I say im not a believer but truth be known im just a big scaredy cat !

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you will indulge
Can you change identifying information and let us know story of the trunks original owners colorful past?:shock:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you will indulge
Can you change identifying information and let us know story of the trunks original owners colorful past?:shock:

Yes! My best friend is a property manager who manages many rental units for a large company. Unfortunately, people die and they do not have heirs. So she needs to have their items removed and disposed of. The maintenance man of that apartment complex went to clean it out. He became frightened by loud noises and moving objects in the apartment, He said he saw the trunk move across the room. He left and refused to step foot inside the apartment again. Per my friend the maintenance man is pretty solid, so that was extremely odd. She asked my husband and our friend Rob to clean the apartment out for her. So they did. My friend's husband had Rob bring the trunk to him for my Christmas gift.

The owner of this trunk was an Eastern European lady who I am told was estranged from her family. She died suddenly but I do not know how. Her name started with an "L". She was a feisty red head who was rumored in her apartment complex to be a dominatrix. I find that hard to believe and my husband did not find anything like that in her apartment. Her death did affect my husband. He found it incredibly sad to see pictures of her with her family, with her children, and left without recourse but to dispose of them. He said she looked so happy and pretty in the pictures. So she died suddenly, alone, estranged from her family.

The trunk had dog and cat themed linen in it. So I take it she was an animal lover.

And speaking of animals here is a weird coincidence.I had a talk with the vet about my little dog becoming extremely anxious lately. He's always been to quote my husband "spring loaded" but it has been becoming a quality of life issue for him, I am working on retraining him and she recommended a natural bovine milk protein supplement which I am trying. She believes it is age related changes that is worsening his genetic tendency towards anxiety. But now that I think about it- his extreme anxiety started the night the trunk arrived. If he improves when it is gone I will be delighted.

Rob is running late to pick it up, but he is on his way....... Counting the minutes.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gee
I hope whatever it is, stays bonded to the trunk. As opposed to......

This stuff freaks me out and I still had to ask - lol - thank you!!

hope your pupper finds relief.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results