shape
carat
color
clarity

Another dress shopping excursion - pics too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
maggie or casablanca! They both give you an amazing waist! I think the casablanca makes your chest look a little smaller, which I like, having a large chest, but that isn''t a concern for a lot of people. I don''t think you can go wrong with either.

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I''m still with the maggie team. I like #2 but my issue with it is that you are turned to the side in the picture. I''d like to see what it looks like from the front. I think seeing that would confirm my vote for the maggie.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Dress #2!! It looks lovely on you!!
36.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 12:30:20 AM
Author: violet3
Date: 2/11/2009 12:01:15 AM

Author: honey22

I have to be totally honest and say that I am not loving the first dress, it does nothing for your beautiful figure. I do like the second dress though, it''s flattering and very nice!!

Hey honey22! Thanks - i appreciate the honest opinion - i really do. I agree with you - that halter looked rather nice in person we thought, but the pictures were really not! the second dress was probably my mom''s 2nd favorite...i am still thinking it''s too big in the skirt. we''ll see...

hey violet, I am glad you are ok with my comments, I am always nervous telling the truth with it''s negative, but I would totally want to same i return. On your wedding day, you want the dress that is most flattering to your figure, not have people tell you it''s looks great when it doesn''t.

The photos are really the telling point I think, they don''t lie (often). They represent what are you really looking like, so it''s best to go with a dress that looks good to you when you try it on and that still looks good in the pictures!!!

Another note, as much as we need our Mum''s decisions in these things, it''s best not to get swayed by what people close to you think. They would already have a pre-conceieved idea of what they imagined you wearing, so it may not be that she doesn''t like the dress, it may be more a case of it''s not what she already had in her head for you. When it comes down to it, YOU need to be happy and make sure you wear what makes you feel like a princess, it''s your day to shine
1.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Of the dresses in this thread, I like 2 and 3 (Maggie) on you...but I hear what you are saying about #2; it's heavy-appearing and train-y, and it looks like just about every other wedding dress out there. I'd go for something a bit different, like the trumpet shape of 3. The reason I mention #2 is just because it looks so darn good on you.

From the other thread, my favorite (and I think still my favorite overall) is the silver Maggie (thought 6-8 are also very flattering). It's just soooo different from everything out there! I would consider altering the neckline into a slight sweetheart, which seems to be a bit more flattering on you.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I like #2 the most for you. I think #1 just does absolutely no justice for your figure.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m voting for the Maggie too!!!

pan_manda

Rough_Rock
I''m going to vote for the Maggie!

When I saw on the first page that people wanted that with a sweetheart neckline I started hunting pics of the Sottero and Midgely to show you... but you beat me to it, and I still prefer the Maggie!

P.S. - are you dress shopping in Delaware?? the backgrounds of your pictures look like shops I''ve gone to and I''ve tried on a lot of the same dresses!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies! just got to come back to reply -
35.gif
Thank you everyone who took the time to respond to this thread and offer advice for me - i really appreciate it.

Thanks AlliCat! i loved #3 as well! and i understand about #2 - i knew people would like it based on the pictures - heck, i would have if someone else posted it.

HudsonHawk - - the vernice and the sottero and midgley REALLY ARE similar aren''t they? i thought all three of these dresses - the limited maggie, the vernice, and the sottero and midgley - were extremely similar in terms of shape, material, and style.

Deelight - I will definitely call around and see if i can find it cheaper - it''s a limited edition, so you can only find the dress in certain stores that carry maggies - but i can for sure call around and see.

thank you iloveprincesscuts! i appreciate the opinion and i agree with #3 - #5 i am really unsure about...if i could only try it on in a closer size to mine. p.s. i think we have very similar rings, judging from your avatar (your WB and my ering are very similar)
1.gif

BeachRunner - i was as amazed as you about the differneces of pricing - who knew about all these great deals via RK Bridals and PP???? i certainly didn''t. thanks for the vote on the maggie!

thanks Mayachel!!! my sister loved #4 as well ;-) but i couldn''t tell because it just didn''t fit well enough to see it....thanks for the tip on the discount! i didn''t know!

thankyou KatyWI! i really appreciate the feedback! if i was getting married when you are, i would totally wear a lovely lace dress
9.gif

Oct2009 -- thank you for this - i was really concerned about the chafing!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 11:03:30 AM
Author: Clairitek
I love both the Maggie and the Sottero & Midgely dresses. The slanted rouching just does wonders for accentuating a waist! Gives such a lovely silhouette.

I prefer sweetheart necklines so I am drawn to the Sottero and Midgely. Both of the dresses look great on you so its a tough choice! I think the fit in the back on the Maggie is a little better but I am not sure if its enough to trump the sweetheart neckline.

You can't go wrong with either choice if you love what you're choosing.
1.gif
Thanks Clairitek! the maggie was at least a size too small for me, but i did love the fit of it...the sottero and midgley - honestly, i am not sure i was in the dress properly. i think i have to try it on again....ooooh, and i love all the information on othe discounted dresses - thankyou!

Winslet - thanks for coming back!!! I know you wanted to know about the maggie - would you like me to call the store for you and find the number??? there might be some stores near you that carry it and i have to say - you should try it on - it was awesome!!!

thanks Ebree - when i go back and try it on again, i'll take some more pictures - i am not sure i was in the dress correctly!

DefinitelyMaybe thank you! the alfred angelo came in less shiny materials - ie...ivory (not pearl) - as well....

Thank you so much elrohwen, xoxo, and lala 2332!! all three of you completely agreed (along with many others) - i really appreciate the opinions!!!

Meresal - thanks so much!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 3:00:32 PM
Author: emeraldlover1
I'm still with the maggie team. I like #2 but my issue with it is that you are turned to the side in the picture. I'd like to see what it looks like from the front. I think seeing that would confirm my vote for the maggie.

EM1 hmmmm....i don't think i have a whole shot of the front of me! i do, however, have one of just the bodice from the front if that helps....

p.s. i am glad you are with the maggie team - i was much more of a fan of the maggie than i was of this particular casablanca
21.gif

Tuckins and Joflier - thank you for your opinions - i really appreciate it
35.gif

casablancafrontupclose9000.JPG

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 9:26:01 PM
Author: pan_manda

When I saw on the first page that people wanted that with a sweetheart neckline I started hunting pics of the Sottero and Midgely to show you... but you beat me to it, and I still prefer the Maggie!

P.S. - are you dress shopping in Delaware?? the backgrounds of your pictures look like shops I''ve gone to and I''ve tried on a lot of the same dresses!
Thanks Pan manda!!! you and i must be on the same page....i wonder why
31.gif
. I really don''t like to divulge personal information about myself on here (it makes me slightly uncomfortable) -- but if you can tell by the pictures, i am sure you and i must live somewhere near each other then, hmmmm????

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 5:57:32 PM
Author: jstarfireb
Of the dresses in this thread, I like 2 and 3 (Maggie) on you...but I hear what you are saying about #2; it''s heavy-appearing and train-y, and it looks like just about every other wedding dress out there. I''d go for something a bit different, like the trumpet shape of 3. The reason I mention #2 is just because it looks so darn good on you.

From the other thread, my favorite (and I think still my favorite overall) is the silver Maggie (thought 6-8 are also very flattering). It''s just soooo different from everything out there! I would consider altering the neckline into a slight sweetheart, which seems to be a bit more flattering on you.
THANK YOU!! i also love #3 and i loved #5 from the old thread - i am going back there friday!!!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 8:53:31 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I''m voting for the Maggie too!!!
Thank you freke!!! i am still looking after all this....will be back with pics!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/11/2009 5:08:29 PM

I have to be totally honest and say that I am not loving the first dress, it does nothing for your beautiful figure. I do like the second dress though, it''s flattering and very nice!!

Hey honey22! Thanks - i appreciate the honest opinion - i really do. I agree with you - that halter looked rather nice in person we thought, but the pictures were really not! the second dress was probably my mom''s 2nd favorite...i am still thinking it''s too big in the skirt. we''ll see...

hey violet, I am glad you are ok with my comments, I am always nervous telling the truth with it''s negative, but I would totally want to same i return. On your wedding day, you want the dress that is most flattering to your figure, not have people tell you it''s looks great when it doesn''t.

The photos are really the telling point I think, they don''t lie (often). They represent what are you really looking like, so it''s best to go with a dress that looks good to you when you try it on and that still looks good in the pictures!!!

Another note, as much as we need our Mum''s decisions in these things, it''s best not to get swayed by what people close to you think. They would already have a pre-conceieved idea of what they imagined you wearing, so it may not be that she doesn''t like the dress, it may be more a case of it''s not what she already had in her head for you. When it comes down to it, YOU need to be happy and make sure you wear what makes you feel like a princess, it''s your day to shine
1.gif
Honey 22 - you hit the nail on the head with every comment you make here - thank you so much.

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for the Maggie! Looks gorgeous on you!

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I know I'm completely alone in this opinion, but my favorite on you is dress #6 from the first thread. I think it was so flattering on you, nicely done without being overboard...just well done.

pan_manda

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 12:16:31 AM

Date: 2/11/2009 9:26:01 PM
Author: pan_manda

Thanks Pan manda!!! you and i must be on the same page....i wonder why
31.gif
. I really don''t like to divulge personal information about myself on here (it makes me slightly uncomfortable) -- but if you can tell by the pictures, i am sure you and i must live somewhere near each other then, hmmmm????
Oh I understand!... I was just really surprised and excited to see somebody else from around this area here on PS! I live down at the beach, but you don''t have to say anything else at all. Good luck with your dress hunt... I''ll have to keep an eye out to see which one you pick!!
21.gif

ams0124

Brilliant_Rock
I really really like the maggie on you. I think it gives you such a beautiful hourglass figure...It really looks stunning.

My vote goes to maggie
9.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Adis and Ams! the maggie was very popular - i loved it too!

Winks Elf - #6 old thread was just lovely - i agree....i''ll have to go back and try it and #7 from the old thread back on....

Hi Pan Manda! Did you find a dress at "our" stores while you were looking? i would be interested to see what you picked...i''ve tried on some more and i am going to start a new thread soon with ALL my favorites i have tried on so far.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2009 3:44:26 PM
Author: Structenggirl
Seeing the Maggie Sottero dress reminded me of mine. It looks very similar, but with more of a sweetheart neckline and a bit more beading at the top. It''s the Irina:

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=irina&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=12&style=S5112

Since you said you might be going on a couple of more shopping trips, I suggest trying this one on! :)
I love the Irina! i''ve shown it to my sister and a friend of mine....but i haven''t been able to find it anywhere to try it on....i''ll keep looking - thanks! Do you have any pictures of you in it???? i would love to see :)

Structenggirl

Rough_Rock
I do have a couple of pictures...the dress was a size smaller than the one I ordered. I''ve never posted pics before, so I hope this works....

Irinamaggie1.JPG

Structenggirl

Rough_Rock
and a close up of the top/beading...

irinamaggie2.JPG

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 12:24:03 AM

Date: 2/11/2009 5:08:29 PM

1.gif
Honey 22 - you hit the nail on the head with every comment you make here - thank you so much.
No probs, make sure you let us know what you decide on!!
1.gif

pan_manda

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 3:15:22 PM
Thanks Adis and Ams! the maggie was very popular - i loved it too!

Winks Elf - #6 old thread was just lovely - i agree....i'll have to go back and try it and #7 from the old thread back on....

Hi Pan Manda! Did you find a dress at 'our' stores while you were looking? i would be interested to see what you picked...i've tried on some more and i am going to start a new thread soon with ALL my favorites i have tried on so far.
Hi Violet! I didn't end up getting a dress at either of those stores... I had to fall in love with one 2 1/2 hours north of me! It was totally not what I was looking for but I tried it on for the first time for my cousin over Christmas out of state and loved it. I got home kept looking around to make sure that was it... hence me knowing the other stores... but I went and tried it on again last weekend and knew I had found my dress. I started a dress thread if you want to check it out... my dress thread

I did, however, almost go with the Maggie "Camden" in all ivory, not the ivory and red they have in the stores... that was the only other one that came close in my eyes!

E.T.A. - I just saw in your first thread that we also both tried on the Sottero and Midgely with the ruched bodice and ribbon/brooch.... looking through magazines in the fall I *knew* that was going to be my dress... then I put it on, what a let down!!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Maggie, Maggie, Maggie! I like this dress the best; you look absolutely gorgeous and it''s so flattering on your fab figure!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/13/2009 10:22:41 PM
Author: Structenggirl
I do have a couple of pictures...the dress was a size smaller than the one I ordered. I''ve never posted pics before, so I hope this works....
I just wanted to come back and say THANK YOU for posting this for me structenggirl!!!! You look amazing, and i am going to go find this dress and try it on!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results