• Three-stone reset.

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • Show me the results.

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1302744155|2895564 said:
Why do I feel like a few weeks from now you're going to be showing off a stunning baby gift pendant, or bracelet, or anything *but* reset/scattered band? 8)

That said.. you've voiced concerns about the size for resets a couple of times now, so I vote band (which looks awesome on S&I w/ her solitaire!!), and save the reset for a little longer and do it *right* instead of sacrificing now just to get it done.

Much as it pains me to vote against the threestone.
Awww, thanks for the lovely compliment, Yssie!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
motownmama|1302716324|2895100 said:
When I read your words you seem a little more excited to get the reset. So I voted for that - why put off til later what you can have now?! Plus, not sure if you saw my thread recently, but my sz 4.5 knuckle got mysteriously injured. I have the Etoile and 3 other eternity bands that cannot go over my knuckle and cannot be resized - so I'm biased now b/c that happened and I NEVER saw that coming. It's been a few months and I'm still holding out hope, but I'm also being realistic.

Egad! Yes, the sizing issue is an issue I had not really thought much about...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Andelain|1302718104|2895136 said:
I voted for the scattered band also, for all the reasons already stated, plus one. If you go with the reset now you'll be losing a beautiful set of earrings. Do you really want your ears to feel so unloved?

My earrings are gorgeous, but you know what? I never wear them. My hair is in a bob and so I rarely wear it so my ears show... so they are not getting much wear. I don't think I would miss them as earrings.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1303231192|2900100 said:
I voted for the scattered band also, for all the reasons already stated, plus one. If you go with the reset now you'll be losing a beautiful set of earrings. Do you really want your ears to feel so unloved?

My earrings are gorgeous, but you know what? I never wear them. My hair is in a bob and so I rarely wear it so my ears show... so they are not getting much wear. I don't think I would miss them as earrings.

Dreamer...you need to wear them more often!!!!!! even if your hair covers them it is nice to *know* you are wearing diamond earrings :) plus hair has a tendency to move about, so the earrings might become exposed :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
MissGotRocks|1302730033|2895318 said:
Did you get a jewelry present for the first baby? If you did and you want another 'keep forever' gift then the scattered band would fit the bill.

HOWEVER, I can't help but feel that what you would really want is the reset. If you use your earring stones to flank the center stone, then you can say each one represents a child. I love being sentimental over jewelry and understand that if a piece represents a child you might want to keep it forever. However, we clearly were not very sentimental about our erings as we've traded them time and time again! I am guilty as a dog of this - ha!

I have the Tiffany etoile band that I wore for a few years before I got the Tiffany bezet. I kept it thinking I would wear it alone sometimes and you know what - I never have done that! It's a beautiful ring and I'm just thinking of selling it because I never wear it. There has just never been a time when I wanted to forego my diamond ring in lieu of it. You might be different but something to think about.

Anyhoo, there are two examples that would both fit for symbolism for the kids. While we all love different resets for rings, I like the choice of the one you are looking at. When I think about resetting my current ring which I roll around all the time, I always hear Dancing Fire in my ear saying 'it's just a holder for the stones - keep it plain and simple and the focus on the stones'. I guess the other layer of this advice is not to spend a king's ransom on the setting.

He makes an excellent point!

I did get a ring when my son was born, a lovely half eternity band from BGD. But it was a piece I wanted *anyways* and can wear with my e-ring. The more I think about it, the more I think that a scattered band won't get much wear. The 4mm size would be too large to wear with my e-ring, and I rarely if ever go out without the big bling, so I am not sure how much I would wear the stacked rings together anyways?? And I don't like rings on my right hand...

Having something I keep forever is not really my intent here. Like you, I am clearly not all that sentimental 8) I would reset the diamonds in my first baby ring without too much thought. My original wedding band is also a half eternity, but not a well made one and thus not very comfortable, so it is going to be reset one day into ether a bezel or bead set style. Anyways, my intention with this gift is not so much to have a sentimental piece (though a part of me like the idea, I suppose it is not essential to me), but to treat myself to something special to mark the occassion.

I am leaning towards the reset now :devil:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
slg47|1303231556|2900113 said:
Dreamer_D|1303231192|2900100 said:

Dreamer...you need to wear them more often!!!!!! even if your hair covers them it is nice to *know* you are wearing diamond earrings :) plus hair has a tendency to move about, so the earrings might become exposed :)

haha... excellent points. I will put them on right now! (yes I am still at home :rolleyes: I am done teaching for the year so getting up and going in the a.m. is a challenge :rodent: )

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1303231103|2900097 said:
When I read your words you seem a little more excited to get the reset. So I voted for that - why put off til later what you can have now?! Plus, not sure if you saw my thread recently, but my sz 4.5 knuckle got mysteriously injured. I have the Etoile and 3 other eternity bands that cannot go over my knuckle and cannot be resized - so I'm biased now b/c that happened and I NEVER saw that coming. It's been a few months and I'm still holding out hope, but I'm also being realistic.

Hi, Dreamer, I just read your responses, and wanted to chime in on the sizing issue. Like motownmama, I am re-thinking owning rings that can't be sized. I ended up selling my WF scattered band (at a loss, of course) because I lost weight shortly after I bought it. I wasn't even planning to lose weight; it was a (pleasant) side effect from treatment for a stomach disorder. WF told me later that the band *could* have been sized, but I just don't believe it would have looked the same. It was 4 mm wide, looked great with my vintage half-eternity, but I was not crazy about it as a right-hand ring.

Like motownmama, every other ring I own is now too big, and I have a choice of selling them, wearing them on my right hand, or remaking them:
My halo is too big, but is now a right-hand ring set with a gemstone (and I actually like it better as a RHR).
My vintage half-eternity is too big, but needed repair anyway, and will be remade
My current ring (a temp setting) is now too big because I've lost more weight, but it can be sized, and eventually it will be replaced.
My Tiffany wedding band is too big and can't be sized.
I have a vintage wedding band that is too big and can't be sized...

It's a pain-in-the-neck. So while I will always love the scattered band, I don't think I'll be ordering another one.

So...I'm changing my vote to reset!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Speaking as a child, If I knew my sibling has a special piece to commemorate his birth, I'd want a special piece commemorating my birth too, and I'd feel happy every time my mom was wearing it because I'd know my mom was thinking of me.

But if a reset is what you really want then a new ring isn't going to scratch that itch.

Get what you really want. Not getting what you want will cost more in the end, because you'll end up buying what you want evetually anyway.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
HopeDream|1303237159|2900231 said:
Speaking as a child, If I knew my sibling has a special piece to commemorate his birth, I'd want a special piece commemorating my birth too, and I'd feel happy every time my mom was wearing it because I'd know my mom was thinking of me.

But if a reset is what you really want then a new ring isn't going to scratch that itch.

Get what you really want. Not getting what you want will cost more in the end, because you'll end up buying what you want evetually anyway.

Good points Hope.

If it helps at all :rodent: , it is unlikely I will ever say to my kids "I got this ring when you were born" or the like. The ring was for me to mark an occassion in my life (ya know, getting fat, giving birth, taking forever to recover), and not about my son so much, if that makes sense. ETA: The whole world revolves around the kids anyways, so this jewelry stuff is all about me. So I don't think of these gifts in the same way that some women do, where they plan to hand them down and heirlooms or something. But what you say does make it clear to me that if I opt not to get a stand alone piece for this kid, then I will be sure not to talk about it with them! ;))

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lula|1303236180|2900217 said:

Hi, Dreamer, I just read your responses, and wanted to chime in on the sizing issue. Like motownmama, I am re-thinking owning rings that can't be sized. I ended up selling my WF scattered band (at a loss, of course) because I lost weight shortly after I bought it. I wasn't even planning to lose weight; it was a (pleasant) side effect from treatment for a stomach disorder. WF told me later that the band *could* have been sized, but I just don't believe it would have looked the same. It was 4 mm wide, looked great with my vintage half-eternity, but I was not crazy about it as a right-hand ring.

Like motownmama, every other ring I own is now too big, and I have a choice of selling them, wearing them on my right hand, or remaking them:
My halo is too big, but is now a right-hand ring set with a gemstone (and I actually like it better as a RHR).
My vintage half-eternity is too big, but needed repair anyway, and will be remade
My current ring (a temp setting) is now too big because I've lost more weight, but it can be sized, and eventually it will be replaced.

It's a pain-in-the-neck. So while I will always love the scattered band, I don't think I'll be ordering another one.

Well I am glad you lost weight because that is always a wonderful feeling, and I hope the provoking condition is nothing too serious and is getting better! But I am sorry about all that lost bling ;( Note to self, if I get a stand alone ring, I will not get an eternity anything! I *hate* wasted money spent on things that sit around unused. It is torture to me. That is one reason I want to get a reset, put those nice little diamonds to better use in a ring than sitting in my dresser as earrings!

SLG I did not even put them on today when I said I would :knockout: How lame am I?

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1303281425|2900776 said:
Lula|1303236180|2900217 said:

Well I am glad you lost weight because that is always a wonderful feeling, and I hope the provoking condition is nothing too serious and is getting better! But I am sorry about all that lost bling ;( Note to self, if I get a stand alone ring, I will not get an eternity anything! I *hate* wasted money spent on things that sit around unused. It is torture to me. That is one reason I want to get a reset, put those nice little diamonds to better use in a ring than sitting in my dresser as earrings!

SLG I did not even put them on today when I said I would :knockout: How lame am I?

Thanks, Dreamer, it does feel good to lose some weight. And, thanks for asking, the underlying condition is ongoing but manageable.

The part of your response I underlined is how I feel, too. I *thought* I had carefully planned out my bling purchases for the long-term, but due to unforeseen circumstances, I ended up with pieces I couldn't wear anymore. In the future, I will not buy pieces that can't be easily modified/sized. I don't mind repurposing or resetting pieces (tastes change) but I really dislike having to sell pieces, or, worse, let them sit unworn in my jewelry box. So if you are not wearing your earrings, perhaps that's a sign that those beautiful new diamonds belong on your finger ;))

vanderaf

Shiny_Rock
I think you should definitely do the reset that you have already dreamed of and it seems like you have made up your mind. Goodluck and congrats on the upcoming birth of your next child!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought I would update this thread to let everyone know I have made a decision! (for now... :halo: )

I will be getting the reset! MissGotRocks suggestion that it could represent me and my two kids is what convinced me. I like the symbolism of that, and it also feels like the best use of my budget! I don't think I would wear another ring very much.

I plan to get my diamonds set into the W-Prong three stone ring from Whiteflash. I have loved this setting since I started my e-ring journey, and so it shall be mine in a few months. Belle has a wonderful thread of pictures for those interested: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-w-prong-heart-prongs.59362/

I am really excited! :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1303862713|2905768 said:
I thought I would update this thread to let everyone know I have made a decision! (for now... :halo: )

I will be getting the reset! MissGotRocks suggestion that it could represent me and my two kids is what convinced me. I like the symbolism of that, and it also feels like the best use of my budget! I don't think I would wear another ring very much.

I plan to get my diamonds set into the W-Prong three stone ring from Whiteflash. I have loved this setting since I started my e-ring journey, and so it shall be mine in a few months. Belle has a wonderful thread of pictures for those interested: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-w-prong-heart-prongs.59362/

I am really excited! :appl:

yay!!! I am excited for you too :) It will be gorgeous!

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I'm excited for you Dreamer! I like the symbolism in it too...I'm a softie like that!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Dreamer!! Can't wait to see it, it's a gorgeous design :love:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats Dreamer! I know how much you've been wanting a three stone and the symbolism makes it extra special :appl:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats Dreamer, it's going to be beautiful!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results