clarity

Another cornflower blue sapphire ring & others

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like them all but the blue sapphire is just heavenly :saint:

MrsMagpie

Rough_Rock
Thank you for sharing these beauties!! But I have to say there's something about those greys, I just love 'em!

[/quote]
Of course

The stone is a couple hundred dollars. 2cts.[/quote]

Thanks. That seems reasonable. It is mostly the fine cutting and the 'cleanliness' of the gem then that makes the price, since grey spinel on its own is normally not very expensive, right? Do I get that correct? If it were for example totally blue or hot pink it might cost thousands?

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Of course

The stone is a couple hundred dollars. 2cts.[/quote]

Thanks. That seems reasonable. It is mostly the fine cutting and the 'cleanliness' of the gem then that makes the price, since grey spinel on its own is normally not very expensive, right? Do I get that correct? If it were for example totally blue or hot pink it might cost thousands?[/quote]
That's right. :twirl:

S

SparkliesLuver

I wanted to quickly chime in and say that from my own research, gray spinels are rising in price (due to popularity of the color and the material).

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
WOWSERS to everything!!! but a special :love: for that sapph!!!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a problem with me? This thread is still on 1st page yet I got tired with most of the new items already.
Why always exciting about making new jewels while only love them for a day( when I receive them!)

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I mean I haven't even worn them...other than taking these pictures!

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I think what I enjoy the most is getting a new stone and planing for its setting. That's the part I love. After that I feel like I'm done.

imdoubler

Shiny_Rock
OTL|1471992347|4069205 said:
I think what I enjoy the most is getting a new stone and planing for its setting. That's the part I love. After that I feel like I'm done.

I got what you mean!

That happens to me as well but not in term of jewelry. I was really into designer bags in last a few years. I spent tons of money to collect a lot designer bags but most of them just sitting in the closet and collecting dust. The excitement went away once they are in my possession.

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
imdoubler|1471993097|4069212 said:

I got what you mean!

That happens to me as well but not in term of jewelry. I was really into designer bags in last a few years. I spent tons of money to collect a lot designer bags but most of them just sitting in the closet and collecting dust. The excitement went away once they are in my possession.
Exactly! All my rings are collecting dust in my jewelry box! I wear nothing everyday.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the same issues, I enjoy hunting for stones and putting them in settings FAR more than I ever do wearing them. In fact I have a staple of a very small number of things I wear out and the rest of the time I don't wear anything at all.

imdoubler

Shiny_Rock
OTL|1472001958|4069275 said:

I got what you mean!

Exactly! All my rings are collecting dust in my jewelry box! I wear nothing everyday.

I have an idea.

In order to encourage us to wear more jewelry, we should start a new thread as 'What you wear today?' :angel: :angel: :angel:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I'm in a similar position with the stones I have been cutting at home; the whole journey to the finished product is exciting but once you arrive and you've ogled it you're kinda like 'Okay...now what??'

Seems to be a bit like the old Motorhead song title, 'The Chase is Better than the Catch' :lol:

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
imdoubler|1472010394|4069318 said:
OTL|1472001958|4069275 said:

I got what you mean!

I have an idea.

In order to encourage us to wear more jewelry, we should start a new thread as 'What you wear today?' :angel: :angel: :angel:

Isn't there already a thread like this? If memory serves.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got around to admiring your gorgeous pieces and you are already tired of them? :lol: You really have such a talent for color and design and see why you love making pieces even if you don't wear them (but they so deserve to be worn).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results