shape
carat
color
clarity

Another blue-green Tourmaline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono,

You are so right. Pictures are deceiving though. I have many pads and one picture of it looked horrible, but when I received it, the color was blended well. Maybe this is what happened to this picture.

I love pads I guess ha ha ha

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet,

Pads come in so many different shades of pink-orange and orange-pink. My favorite is the one in my Avatar.

Linda

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Linda, is it part of your collection? Btw, I have a piece of neon yellow Danburite that is waiting to be faceted. Do give me cut suggestions, please.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Harriet,

Yes, the Pad in my Avatar is part of my collection. I had it set when I purchased it by The Natural Sapphire Company. I love it so much, it took over as my wedding ring. ha ha ha
I haven''t posted a picture of it yet, or my other pads, I have to have my daughter help me one of these days.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please post pictures (I should speak).

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Hey Harriet! How big is that tourmaline?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huge -- 14 x 11 x 8 mm.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
That is big. A little too big for what I was thinking, though. Tell me more about your darling spinels...What are you thinking for a setting/s? More earring drops? Leverbacks with the swoopy Tiger/Leon basket...In rose gold???

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Plain old studs? Someone''s put a deposit on the Tourmaline. I need a new toy.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Plain old studs? Well, that would be nice. Add a fancy basket and that would be nicer. Leverbacks are nicest
31.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bad Miranda.
2.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
No way! I''m a very good girl! I am in a bad mood and DH told me to go to the jewelry stone and pick out an early X Mas present. I told him I wasnt in the right mood today.
17.gif
He''s worried about me now.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no. Now I''m worried too.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Don''t worry! Picking out earrings just sounded like too much thinking for today. Tomorrow may be another story, besides, I got a little goody last month. I really can wait until Xmas. Also, he was all to eager to send me to the jewelry store. I think he''s trying to get my mind off of my master plan!

Back to the topic at hand...Have you looked at many green tourmalines? How do they compare to a tsavorite?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Wow!! Those are all beautiful! Thanks for the links. As for the master plan, I want to have a tourmaline or tsavorite set in my current ering setting and trade up my current stone for something in the 2 - 2.5 range. I''ve always been a fancy shape lover (ovals, pears). Recently I''ve become smitten with rounds. I''ve never bothered to learn about them, though, so I''ve been studying up. The problem is that I really love 3 carat rounds...Uhhh, just not in the budget right now. I also love three stones and I happen to have two .63 pears set as studs right now that would make beautiful sidestones. I''d love to have Leon (or a local shop) make a setting with a round or oval center and my pear sides....OR, an all round three stone. I just don''t know yet...Ahhhh, decisions, decisions. After my money pit of a house is finished I will be able to focus on that. Oh, last month I got a little shared prong band. It has 9 .05 stones. It is so cute. DH is a little peeved because it is my favorite piece of jewelry. It came in much cheaper than my original budget so DH is still feeling generous. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/1000-what-would-you-get.66942/ Here''s a thread I started, but, never updated after I got my goodie. How do I ever manage these massive thread jacks!
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Threadjack away! I could have sworn that your e-ring is a 3+ ct. I want a 3-stone too -- coloured round centre with pear diamond sides. LM already knows. The other half doesn''t.
2.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
3+ HA! Try 1.2 with a halo! I have tiny fingers and hands so I get asked if it is 2 cts, but, it has never been mistaken for 3. Don''t I wish. I thought about doing a three stone with my pears and a colored center. I don''t know what color or shape, though. Maybe a big blue cushion sapphire three stone! For some reason I love pave with colored stones and large diamonds set more simply. You are so lucky to be able to work so closely with Leon. He really is the master. I''ve never seen him do anything I dislike.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are elegant hands. I don't have any projects in the works, just a growing pile of pebbles. May I help you with yours?
27.gif

P.S. It's nice, but dangerous, to have the Diamond District so nearby.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I''d love your help! You have wonderful taste!
36.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
When can we start?
9.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know Harriet. I have myself a bit hamstrung at the moment. I feel incapable of anymore decisions right now. The money pit yard should be done in 4-6 weeks so I won''t be making as many decisions and should be in my right mind by then. Maybe in time for Christmas
31.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keep me posted.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sigh. The stone is still with me, but I don''t even have the option of buying it.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhhh. I knew that tourmaline would look great in that setting!

looking for a blue/green step cut... do you have an idea how you are planning to set it?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Set what? This tourmaline isn''t mine.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/11/2007 12:44:18 PM
Author: Harriet
Nope.
12.gif
I want a blue-green in a step cut.
Ohhh, I was referring to this post?

I know Lembecks tourmaline is sold... it still looks great in that setting though!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gotcha. The step-cut I have in mind is very flashy, so I''ll keep the setting simple.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results