shape
carat
color
clarity

Another BGD Dream Band +Spacer Review -But This One Is Mine!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Christmas came early for me. I bought this band a couple of months ago and now that I have the most perfect spacer band ever, I thought I would share some pics of my dream wedding set with my fellow PS'ers. I have posted a couple of pics of this in other topics but I love the set so much that I wanted to give it a proper

Diamond Band- BGD Dream Band size 6.75
Spacer- .8 mm 18K YG Extra Skinny Ring by Le Cubicule/Etsy size 7
E-Ring- BGD Tapered Tiffany size 6.75

I bought the Dream Band pre-loved on DB. It was a great price for the 11 X 5 pointers of the BGD ideal cut melee. The original owner posted the specs as H/I color. My appraisal, for insurance purposes, came back as G/H color :appl: . I have always wanted the Dream Band ever since I discovered it on PS- thanks to Dreamer_D and her amazing reviews. It just screams married to me. It looks great alone, stacked with other bands or paired with my e-ring. It sparkles like mad with literally blinding sparkle at times. I also think that the proportions look great with my 1.25 ct BGD Blue. It is extremely low, but does graze my e-ring ever so slightly so I searched for a spacer band that would appear invisible.

The invisible spacer band that I discovered, also thanks to PS, is by Le Cubicule on Etsy. I chose the 18K YG hoping that it would mimic my skin color and I was right! It is just gorgeous. I read the reviews and saw that some people thought her bands ran a bit small so I ordered a size 7 instead of the 6 3/4 that I would normally get for my left hand. The 7 is a perfect fit. It is comfortable and provides more than adequate space between my e-ring and the girdles on the Dream Band.

My BGD Tapered Tiffany-- what to say-- she is amaze-balls and I love to wear her! I still enjoy wearing my plain bands with my e-ring, but it is really nice to have options!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Another BGD Dream Band Review- But This One Is Mine!!!

First batch of pics.

_35464.jpg

_35465.jpg

_35466.jpg

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Another BGD Dream Band Review- But This One Is Mine!!!

Spacer bands. There is a big difference between the .8mm and the 1.0mm band.

_35467.jpg

_35468.jpg

screen_shot_2015-12-04_at_2.png

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Another BGD Dream Band +Spacer Review -But This One Is M

Perspective Shot. I love how the band really seems to disappear.

_35469.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Timeless, gorgeous set!!!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I have in the past gotten spacers that matched the metal of the other rings in hopes that it would blend in together. Going yellow gold for a super thin spacer is BRILLIANT! It absolutely disappears in the real life perspective! CLEVER LADY!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful, Crystal! You really have persevered & achieved your perfection! :appl:

I absolutely love your set & I love that the spacer disappears :love:

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I luuurve the Dream Band and it looks blindingly beautiful on your hand!! The yellow gold spacer is totally fun too. And thanks for posting those perspective shots with the 1mm and your Bezet band, that's totally helpful :sun: .

You have a gorgeous set!!! :love: :love:

Q

Queenie60

Absolutely beautiful! Enjoy. :dance:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock

Oh Crystal I ADORE the Dream band and it is sheer perfection with your lovely engagement ring!!! And you got a deal on it which makes it even better. The perspective shots of the spacers are very useful so thanks for posting those.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

That. Looks. MAHVELOUS.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your new band is just beautiful Crystal! Love how small and delicate the spacer band is as well - congrats on two great finds!

HegemonyCricket

Shiny_Rock

Ooh, I love it!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

Beautiful band! :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

... Yours, and your set is beautiful!! :love: :sun:

I love the look with the spacer - delicate and classic :bigsmile:

_35466.jpg

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Your set is beautiful! I have obsessed over the Dream band, what a lucky find! The spacer is perfect. Congrats

Shannon74

Rough_Rock

You have a beautiful set!!!

I probably shouldn't admit this, but I've been holding my hand up to your hand on my iPad all day! I ordered the BGD dream band about 10 days ago to go with my 1.21 OEC and setting from Love Affair Diamonds - none of which I've seen yet in person! My setting should be ready in about 2 weeks and I'm dying to know what it will all look like on my hand. I also have about the same finger size as you, so your post has really helped me visualize my set on my hand. :)

Thanks for the great eye candy!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful set!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That is the perfect set - so timeless and elegant yet still blingy! I'm so happy to hear you are thrilled with it. :love:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

Sorry for my super late response-

PintoBean- I am loving the yellow gold spacer. It gives the best illusion of wearing my e-ring right next to the Dream band.

AlexT- Thank you! As you know, I adore classic sets (like yours) so finding this band was fantastic.

JDDN- I am still quite smitten with the combined bling of my BGD Blue and the Dream Band. Thank you!

Queenie- I am absolutely enjoying my set! I am loving it more and more every day!

Sundial- Thank you so much for the kind words! I am a huge fan of your stunning set. Whenever I see a pic with your new Tiffany channel set band my heart skips a beat.

Ame- Awww, thanks for the compliment my ring twin! :wavey:

Shannon74- Ha ha. You are not alone. I have done the hand to computer visualization many times! You should start a thread on your set. I would love to see it.

MGR, Hegemony Cricket, Rockinruby, Acinom, Ajane5524- Many thanks for the kind words.

Mochiko42- Thank you so much! I am super thrilled with my set. I just love staring at it on my hand. I am so glad that PS exists so that I have a place to share thoughts like this! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is lovely Crystal! Congrats on finding your "Dream" ring!!!

NonieMarie

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you for the photos. DK is remaking my niece's 11 stone channel set band into something similar and I've asked him to make a spacer. She has a similar skin tone so the photos helped her decide the metal color.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock

TYTY- Thanks! It was meant to be!

NonieMarie- I am so glad that my comments were helpful to your niece! I hope that you post pics of DK's band! :wavey:

rossi46

Rough_Rock

Very nice!

Any side/profile shots of the Dream Band?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your rings are gorgeous and the spacers work great. :wavey:

kbonita4

Rough_Rock
Hi Crystal! I am a long time lurker who's typically been on and off Pricescope. I came across your thread (...but actually remember reading about your new pieces years ago) recently. We have similar "ring" stories. I have a 1.7ct H VS1 Brian Gavin Blue stone in a knife edge setting. I love the knife edge btw. My 5 year wedding anniversary is coming up and I am getting the BGD Dream band with 10 x10 pointers. Again, ironic. I read that you eventually stopped wearing it because it was too blingy. Would you say I might end up feeling the same way?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results