shape
carat
color
clarity

Angles: Crown & Pavillion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SFDiamond

Rough_Rock
How do I learn/calculate crown & pavillion angles of my round diamond?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SFD:If you know or can measure the diameter, crown height, and table % or table diameter, you can then calculate the crown angle with the correct formula and a scientific calculator. The same holds true for calculating a pavilion angle. You need diameter, pavilion depth %, and if there is anything more than a small culet, culet size.You can also get these calculations automatically with the MSU DiamondCalc program without needing the correct formula or a calculator...I used to have the formula, but have not needed it for a long time. ------------------
David Atlas
Accredited Gem Appraisers

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Oldminer, the formulas are simple. But how to measure table, crown and pavilion depth accurately enough? I guess the accuracy should be 0.01 mm?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi SFDiamond,Most accurate way of getting the angles is to get Sarin or Ogi measurements for the diamond. Sarin and Ogi machines are not rear anymore - many appraisers, jewelers and cutters have them and it is not expensive at all.Sometimes lab reports (AGS, EGL, HRD and others) already have crown and pavilion angles measured.If you are buying a stone you can ask your dealer to provide you with the Sarin measurements.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results