shape
carat
color
clarity

And the winner is...DBL Old Mine Brilliant (photos)

GoldieATX

Rough_Rock
So regardless of whether you waded through my long, rambling threads during my research and shopping phase, you can now enjoy the results. I went with the DBL branded cushion that was already set in an Uber halo semi-mount. It looks fantastic--very delicate and detailed. Of course, the only thing that counts is whether she likes it. I'm now engaged, so I guess it worked.

I can't say enough about David from Diamonds by Lauren. He was helpful and patient and, well, he put up with me and my many questions. Thanks to everyone who contributed to my other threads and helped me through the process. But enough of all that. I don't know if this belongs in the SMTB thread, but here it is.

First, the diamond specs:
1.05ct OMB
Y-Z color, VVS2
VG Symmetry, VG Polish
Med Blue Fluorescence

And now, on with the photos. There are many. In different lighting (indoor shade, warm incandescent, LED). I didn't notice until editing that there were fingerprint smudges on the diamond. Can't win 'em all. Enjoy!

P1030530.jpg

P1030537.jpg

P1030540.jpg

P1030542.jpg

P1030546.jpg

P1030550.jpg

P1030552_0.jpg

P1030554.jpg

I'll now probably go into more of a lurking mode on here for a while, as I learn more about other colored gems and such. But I do plan to buy them as the newlywed bank account allows.

amertrine

Rough_Rock
absolutely stunning. lovely soft yellow color. congrats!

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!!! I have been lusting after his new rings.... that is just gorgeous. Enjoy it!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
It's just stunning!! I'm a DBL fan,too!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a very beautiful ring. I love the color. Congratulations!

T

talamasca

:love: gorgeous

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone set in a beautiful ring with a beautiful presense on the finger. Well done! I don't see how it can be possible for her not to love it. :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Very well done! I'm so glad you went with DBL :appl: Beautiful diamond and beautiful ring! Congratulations on being engaged!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I love that soft buttery yellow! Very pretty ring, looks great on her finger!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
while i do not care for halo's, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR CENTER STONE! lots of personality, color, and sparkle. i really love its warmth!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Whoa, it's divine! It's like the flirty younger sister of Megeve's ring which is my all-time-favorite.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ohh this ring is lovely :) :) :) congratulations!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Wow that's gorgeous! Congratulations!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm delighted for you and am so glad you went with David at DBL. The ring and diamond are both gorgeous - lucky you. :appl:

acebruin

Brilliant_Rock
congrats! absolute knock out!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its beautiful...I love the look and the color! Congrats!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I love it!! Wear it in good health.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very interesting color. Congratulations!

Justin_Cutter

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely beautiful ring!!! Congrats!!
~Justin

GoldieATX

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I like the way its color (or saturation) changes in different light. As expected, the fluorescence washes it out a bit in direct sunlight, but that's more than made up for in brilliance and dispersion, especially from all of the melee in the halo and shank. I'll see if I can capture a photo of that effect. And I personally think it looks best in outdoor shade. It has the yellow color, but also with enough light for good reflections and depth.

And this DBL cut is great. It gives the stone some real definition and contrast. Unlike a lot of the "crushed ice" cushions and radiants I looked at, this one has large visible facets and nice flashes of light in motion. And that large culet gives it a warm vintage feel. Perhaps I should be writing marketing copy for them. :))

Now just to get it properly sized, and then on with the wedding plans.

Eskiez

Shiny_Rock
I love it! I've also been drooling over a Y-Z cushion and this just makes me want one even more!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! What a gorgeous stone, and a perfect setting for it, too. I am very impressed with the DBL rings I've seen on Ps lately.

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is lovely! Great choice! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results