shape
carat
color
clarity

And now the setting...

slg47

Ideal_Rock
IbrahimSS|1310564866|2967981 said:

if you are getting the diamond at GOG it would be easiest to get the setting there too. perhaps ask if they have something similar?

also, this is my personal preference, but I am not a big fan of the way the round stone looks with the trapezoid sides...I prefer a round with round side stones or pears. BUT that is just my opinion.

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately GOG don't have it and they can't order it. They can custom make it but it seems that's the same price as getting it from a Natalie K retailer. Still working on the pricing...

As far as the trapezoids, I didn't think I'd like it either but I did. Since GOG was going to custom make it I was going to ask them to change the trapezoids to rounds and change the baguettes in the shank to rounds as well. But frankly, I'm horrible at visualizing what that would look like as a completed product so I thought I'd just stick with it as is. I'm second guessing that now....

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont think those are traps...I think they are princess cuts...I'm not a big fan either. If its a 3 stone with rounds I prefer all
rounds or pears.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1310580514|2968187 said:
I dont think those are traps...I think they are princess cuts...I'm not a big fan either. If its a 3 stone with rounds I prefer all
rounds or pears.

yeah to me the rounded-ness of the round clashes with the squared-ness of the side stones. if you do get GOG to custom make a setting they can show you a CAD of what the final design will look like so you can visualize it.

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
slg47|1310583105|2968215 said:
tyty333|1310580514|2968187 said:
rounds or pears.

yeah to me the rounded-ness of the round clashes with the squared-ness of the side stones. if you do get GOG to custom make a setting they can show you a CAD of what the final design will look like so you can visualize it.

They are definitely trapezoids. I saw the setting in person yesterday. They taper into the stone. I didn't like them in the picture but then liked it when I saw them in person.

I asked GOG about the possibility of seeing an image etc of the custom setting earlier this morning. I haven't gotten an answer yet.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll take your word for it but here is what the write-up says...

"This simple and classic semi mount engagement ring features 38 round white diamonds totaling 0.27 ctw. and 10 baguette white diamonds totaling 0.24 ctw. set in gleaming 14k white gold. Beside the center prong are 2 princess cut diamond side stones weighing 0.47 ctw. "

I think if they are tapered more than the picture it would look nicer.

Just make sure you order it that you do get the one with traps.

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
Yeah I'm aware of what the write up says. I was kind of shocked. Maybe it's not the same exact ring but it surely looks it. This is the one on the jeweler's actual site:
www.firenzejewels.com/natalie-k-diamond-antique-style-platinum-engagement-ring-setting_1333.html?cid=209&src=c

Says princess there too! I was at the jeweler's yesterday and the gemologist told me they were trapezoids. I asked her if she was sure because it says they are princess in the write up she said she was and they surely did not look square. The narrow end is the size of the shank and the wider end is as wide as the space between the prongs. If they are princess it's a hell of a optical illusion that tricked me and the gemologist but one that I'm happier with! :)

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just be sure that they are ordering the correct stock number - seems very strange that a high end designer would have that much of a discrepancy is their write up of a ring - do they have another stock number for the trapezoid sides?

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
Possibly but I wasn't able to find it on their website.

Since there isn't a lot of love for this setting anyone have any suggestions on similar style settings?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I would ask GOG...I am sure they have something similar or can custom make you something

IbrahimSS

Rough_Rock
They don't have anything similar. They are producing some quotes for custom settings for me. I was hoping to maybe show them another example. Like I said, I'm not creative minded so I have trouble visualizing this stuff so I'd prefer a real version rather than conceptual. It's times like these that I wish I was artistic... even a little bit would be nice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results