shape
carat
color
clarity

And now for something a little different from DK! Sculptural setting in 18k antique gold

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
Whoa whoa whoa I did not know that there were different SHADES of gold karats! That 18k looks like 22-24k to me! Gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing, especially the comparison photos.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE
This isn’t just a typical matte or satin finish or is it? Bloomed or something specifically different ?

Very very beautiful!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE
This isn’t just a typical matte or satin finish or is it? Bloomed or something specifically different ?

Very very beautiful!

I honestly don't know what they did! It's normal polish everywhere but the basket area where the base is matte or sanded looking which makes the polished shapes really stand out. That was all on them...was a surprise but I love it!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I honestly don't know what they did! It's normal polish everywhere but the basket area where the base is matte or sanded looking which makes the polished shapes really stand out. That was all on them...was a surprise but I love it!
Bead blast /sandblast was what the word I was trying to think of.

That also answers my question whether it was something you specifically asked for, or it was their call. They did a lovely job!

enjoy this beauty well! :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You already know it, but I think this ring is spectacular. For one thing, I have never seen anything quite like it. It’s truly looks like it could be part of the royal jewels. Its pure elegance. The way all those swirls and dots look like they were practically poured on there somehow. I don’t know how you and team DK did it but this is a masterpiece. A work of art. :kiss2:

Also, I never would have suspected how rich the antique gold is. It’s a gorgeous knock your socks off color.

3D55DC24-7746-4DFB-A9CD-9A45B3E20A64.gif

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
oh my- your ring is absolutely gorgeous!! The antique gold is perfection

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! Congratulations :)

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is superb! I am blown away by how extraordinary this ring is, and how well it captures the antique style it was inspired by. The color of the gold is a perfect compliment to the blue of your zircon. This turned out so well. Enjoy your beautiful ring in good health!

Last edited:

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
What an incredibly beautiful ring. The setting, with that gorgeous colored gold is superb and the stone positively glows.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, it's absolutely stunning!! I love everything about it, from stone to setting. Amazing!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I am impressed with the excellent quality that DK's bench produced for this design! Really beautiful! :love:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Truly gorgeous! The zircon is stunning and the antique is very luxurious and the design is royalty!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have resolved to finally set more of my colored stones this year.

My latest was inspired by an antique ring. A very unique and sculptural setting. And I had them cast it in 18k antique gold. The color is incredibly rich- looks like even higher carat gold. I'll include a side by side of it with 18k (royal) yg & 18k rose gold to show the difference.
I bought this beautiful cushiony oval zircon last summer from Mastercut gems.
20220303_181900.jpg

DK pulled this off in 2 cads. (The 2nd was just minor adjustments.)
20220303_000103.jpg

And here she is on my hand:

20220302_235402.jpg

Here's the side by side of the 3 flavors of 18k:
20220302_150940.jpg

I want to jump into its cool mysterious depths
What an absolute marvel !

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is all kind of glorious :kiss2: It's positively regal!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results