shape
carat
color
clarity

An M for me!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve wanted a lower coloured diamond for quite a while now and saw this one on GoodOldGold and snapped it up. It’s the same size as the diamonds in my wedding ring and an M which also happens to be my first initial, so it feels like it’s meant to be mine.

The numbers seem good I think, but I can’t wait to see it in real life. My other diamonds are all GIA certified excellent cuts. This will be my first AGS0 H&A, so it will be interesting to see the performance differences.

The specs are as follows:

0.762ct Round Brilliant AGS certified
5.88 x 5.92 x 3.61mm

Cut: Ideal 0
Colour: M
Clarity: VVS2 (feather)
Fluor: Negligible

Table: 56.5%
Depth: 61.1%
Crown Angle: 34.6
Pavilion Angle: 40.8
Culet: Pointed
Girdle: 1.2 – 3.6%

Light performance: 0
Proportion Factors: 0
Finish: 0
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal

What do you think?

GOG_5463_076_M_VVS2_Round_Hearts.jpg

GOG_5463_076_M_VVS2_Round_Arrows.jpg

GOG_5463_076_M_VVS2_Round_H&A.jpg

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
One thing I've only just noticed is that some of the numbers on the Sarin report don't match the numberd on the AGS certificate. Is that something to be worried about?

GOG_5463_076_M_VVS2_Round_SarinReport.jpg

GOG_5463_076_M_VVS2_Round_Aset.jpg

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock

GOG_5463_076_M_VVS2_Round_BrilliantScopeGemex.jpg

GOG_5463_076_M_VVS2_Round_ISEE2.jpg

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
M is a great color! Beautifully cut stone. 100% love it.

Congrats!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good. Just note that this is what GOG called a modified H&A, not a traditional H&A because of the larger lower half facet, which results in a deeper cleft in the hearts and a thinner arrow shaft. Nothing wrong with it, just not a H&A in the traditional sense.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Danny. I'm quite excited about it. Going to be on tenderhooks until it gets here.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Stone-cold11 said:
Looks good. Just note that this is what GOG called a modified H&A, not a traditional H&A because of the larger lower half facet, which results in a deeper cleft in the hearts and a thinner arrow shaft. Nothing wrong with it, just not a H&A in the traditional sense.

ooh! I didnt know that. Where can I find out more about this cos it wasnt mentioned on the diamond's page?

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! What are you going to do with it?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know the standard of traditional H&A grading?

https://www.pricescope.com/journal/hearts_and_arrows_diamonds_and_basics_diamond_cutting

Note the cut off for the cleft in the hearts, this would not have gotten a H&A by WF. I think GOG has a knowledge page and video about the modified H&A. Did not bookmark that page, so you will have to dredge through it, sorry. Nothing wrong with a larger cleft, just that for traditional H&A's CA, PA & Table combination, a smaller lower half works better, but for other combination Karl shows a DiamCalc calculation that it will work better.

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the link Stone-Cold.
I'm reading through all the GOG knowledge pages at the moment trying to find it, but so far no luck. Ah well, perserverence :))

Petrock,
It's going to be a ring for my right hand, I'm thinking with super super white stones, probably in a halo of some sort to really play up the M colour. Havent fully decided yet, want to see the stone in real life before making the final setting decision. My wedding ring diamonds are F's and my studs are D's so I'll put it against both of them and see how it looks.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on your new purchase! Can't wait to see the finished product!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmm, I think you will love it. It definetly will show color, but nothing wrong with that. It is a beautiful stone.

I own an N color H&A, Love it.

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
It is so pretty... I ♥ it!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! :appl:

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
ditto!
Gorgeous... GOG is a great place to buy from. congrats.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a lovely stone! I love the longer thin arrows!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
GOG has videos of the modified H&As they make with those looong lgf and they are sparkle monsters!

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
yennyfire, brightice, Anne, Tuckins, Doc, tyty & Dreamer_D,
Thank you for your lovely kind comments.
I hope it wont be too long before I can come back with real life pictures :))

MAC-W

Brilliant_Rock
Stone-Cold & Dreamer_D,
just wanted to say....
Thank you soooo much for pointing out those videos for me. They've been super helpful and now I can properly articulate what it is I like and dont like about certain diamonds and more importantly why!

Really apreciate your help
M
:appl: :wavey: :appl:

PS. the diamond arrived on Thursday and is IMO gorgeous. I took some photos earlier today but am struggling to upload them.

Will start a new thread as soon as I can figure out what the problem is.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
ooooo can't wait to see them!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I knew you'd love that stone. I eyeballed it several times and came close to rehoming it once or twice because I love the long LGF myself. Now I want to see pics! Please! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results