shape
carat
color
clarity

An Inherited Beauty

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely ring, Freke.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful, Freke!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies! I hadn''t seen the ring since I was about 16, and I could hardly remember what it looked like! At first I couldn''t find it in her jewelry and I went into a little bit of a panic that she had gotten rid of it (my dad sold off his parent''s jewelry from the ''10s and ''20s recently
29.gif
, so I''m a little bit gun shy and anxious about this stuff right now). But I found it in a teeny tiny box that also contained her baby ring (just a tiny gold band with carving on it) and it was far more beautiful than my memories had served me. Then once I cleaned it up, it was even MORE stunning. It''s almost made me fall in love with pink!

So I''m glad you also enjoyed it. I''m going to cherish it for many years to come, and because of it and the solitaire (FF thinks my dad is under orders to not give that to me until we get married) FF has decided we should probably look into getting some kind of fireproof safe. Or maybe a safe deposit box.

Anyway, back to eating ice cream. Thanks again for all of the lovely compliments!

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
Freke --
I''m so glad you have something so lovely to wear and honor your mother by! I''m so sorry to hear about her passing, you and your family are in my thoughts!!

*v

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 5:07:33 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Thanks ladies! I hadn''t seen the ring since I was about 16, and I could hardly remember what it looked like! At first I couldn''t find it in her jewelry and I went into a little bit of a panic that she had gotten rid of it (my dad sold off his parent''s jewelry from the ''10s and ''20s recently
29.gif
, so I''m a little bit gun shy and anxious about this stuff right now). But I found it in a teeny tiny box that also contained her baby ring (just a tiny gold band with carving on it) and it was far more beautiful than my memories had served me. Then once I cleaned it up, it was even MORE stunning. It''s almost made me fall in love with pink!

So I''m glad you also enjoyed it. I''m going to cherish it for many years to come, and because of it and the solitaire (FF thinks my dad is under orders to not give that to me until we get married) FF has decided we should probably look into getting some kind of fireproof safe. Or maybe a safe deposit box.
Awwww! I''m so glad you found it. What a wonderful piece to treasure. It sure is beautiful! So stunning!

I had given my Grandmother a guaridan angel pin years and years ago. She wore it all the time on her sweaters and dresses. After she passed, I wanted her to be buried with it. My Grandpa looked everywhere for it. Up and down...he couldn''t find it. He felt terrible that he couldn''t find it. So I bought her another guardian angel and she was buried with that. Not but a month later, my Grandpa was in the closet and there was her pin. As if it appeared out of nowhere. He wrote me the most moving letter and sent the pin to me. He felt that she left it behind for me! Now my Grandfather is also gone as well. He passed in 2005. I bought him his very own guradian angel pen to be placed in his pocket to be buried with. I was given his wedding band. I treasure my Grandma''s guardian angel pin and Grandpa''s wedding band with all my heart. It has so much meaning to it!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is such a beautiful heirloom that I am sure you will treasure forever!!!

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, and it looks great on you. A great piece to have and pass down.

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Its so pretty! It looks just right on your hand. ((hugs))

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring, Freke! It looks perfect on your finger and I love that you''ll always have a special reminder of your mom close by! Still sending my thoughts, prayers and hugs your way!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful ring, Freke! I love the stone and the setting!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 5:00:03 AM
Author: FrekeChild
Another reason I''m posting this today is because I had to go to the dentist, and I got a free toothbrush. When I got the ring, it was pretty mucky, but I cleaned it up, and it looks a lot better now. (You can see the toothbrush in the background.)

10kt gold
size 7 (ish)
10 x 8 x 6mm scissor cut rectangle (maybe)
pink tourmaline
eye clean (but with a 10x loupe there is a cloud)
estimated to be between 3 and 4 cts

This ring was given to my mom by her mother when she was young, because it was her birthstone (October). She was going to give it to me when I graduated from college (December 2009). Because of when she received it, I''m guessing it could be from anywhere between the ''40s and the ''60s. Heck, even earlier is possible. I really have no idea.
Freke,
I love the look of birthstone rings!I agree with you that the style is very much what was very popular in the late 1940s through the early 1960s...Im Betting that this ring is 1950s...the 10kt. yellow gold,double prong work,large scissor cut birthstone(synthethic birthstones of every color where very popular and plentiful)are strong indications of a birthstone or gift ring from this era...they were given for special occasions like sweet 16,graduation from school and age 21 birthdays....red,light blue,pink and green were some of the most popular colors.I hope you wear it often.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful, sentimental piece Freke. Wear it in good health and happiness, as I am sure you Mom would have wanted you to. You are lucky to have something so special to remember her by. Hugs :)

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I love this ring Freke, it''s gorgeous! What a great thing to remember your mom with
1.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke what a special and gorgeous ring. I am sure it will be most treasured and it suits your hand so well.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful Freke...what a lovely memory of your mom.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Such a beautiful heirloom ring....my heart goes out to you Freke.

Lori

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful Freke.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a gorgeous ring. Hugs to you for your mom.
emrose.gif

LGK

Ideal_Rock
How cool! It's beautiful.

My guess is it's 1940s or '50s at the latest. By the late 1950s / early 1960s millegrain was not so fashionable, so you don't see it that much after that. But the antique type is so incredibly fine it's amazing. What a gorgeous setting!

(OK, I lied. There are some late 1960s Edwardian repros that pop up sometimes, but the millegrain isn't as fine as the original pieces.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results