shape
carat
color
clarity

An adorable little friend

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
What a great piece. I bet you smile when you look at that happy little birdie on your finger :). Do you say ‘a little bird told me…’ all the time now?

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
What a sweetie.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I love this! Adorable!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
"That’s all really. No sentimental story, not a heirloom item, just a short story of why I bought this piece and then lots of pics."

I beg to differ; you may not have inherited this adorable little guy, but I guarantee he is an heirloom item henceforth!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my goodness, he is precious. And beautifully executed, the band is a work of art. I agree he needs a name

We say jewelery is wearable sculpture but this little bit is truly a work of art.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is darn cute!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I first saw this bird ring on the Kathy Jade Facebook back in July 2021 and since then regularly popped by the site once in a while to check if it was still around. I’m sure fellow jewelry lovers understand right? It’s such an adorable ring. So while it’s totally impractical I just thought of it like it’s a little work of art.

So in late-January to early-February when Kathy had it’s Chinese New Year promo where you had a random chance of drawing a up to 25% discount code, I tried my luck daily to finally maximize at a 20% discount code… so not the luckiest but hey a 20% discount isn’t too bad. And finally after mulling for months (thank goodness it didn’t sell during that time), finally I decided to get this adorable little friend after checking that it can be adjusted to my size.

It’s made of 18k white and rose gold (RG for the shank which is made to look like a branch), with glassy jadeite feathers, tsavorite melee accents, black diamond eyes and loads of beautifully detailed engraving.

I posted a pic of the ring on the thread “stuff I was considering to buy” and got quite a few responses and questions so decided to create a SMTB thread instead of randomly posting on the CS forum on my thread.

Just got it back after sending it to Kathy for resizing to fit my index finger - given the workmanship involved in the shank, I just didn’t dare to use a local workshop even though the multiple overseas shipments made me shudder a bit… Singapore to Taiwan to Hong Kong to Taiwan and finally back to Singapore!

That’s all really. No sentimental story, not a heirloom item, just a short story of why I bought this piece and then lots of pics.

TLDR: It’s adorable so I got it.

On the hand (gloomy and about to rain when I took the pics this morning):
8F137A64-4658-409F-850B-D13F6960FE24.jpeg C51FCB4F-9806-44F1-998D-9903B017599F.jpeg

Various angles and profiles:
ADE7F333-7D21-4B68-BB63-7887A2BBC81B.jpeg EBC0E58A-320E-4245-AE89-973259CAC807.jpeg 39C8B184-82BF-4367-A791-ED30A5731A2E.jpeg 5D8651DA-A984-4968-BF89-A5E1D6D060C5.jpeg 3AC4A183-C088-448C-B720-80C1165B630B.jpeg 0992106B-BEB3-45B4-8D88-4E361A1CEE98.jpeg

Close ups to show the detailed engraving:
DB727937-30AB-4DA7-ABF4-5FD506216E02.jpeg

@lala646 @mrs-b @Mreader @HS4S_2 @MiniMinerva @lovedogs @upgradingmama @MamaBee @ZestfullyBling

Oh it's darling! I love everything about it. I know how it is when these creatures get into your heart, lol. I'm so glad it was still available for you!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
Just absolutely precious! The artist strikes the perfect balance between realistic and interpretive. I could look at photos of this jewel of a little friend all day long! I covet!

Tinkybell

Shiny_Rock
I love it! It is so whimsical and a true piece of art. The details are amazing! Perfect ring for Spring.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Came back for another look at this :love: :bigsmile:

Most of my collection is stylized flora but I have a HUGE soft spot for photorealism in jewellery. JAR, Michelle Ong - if I had all the money in the world to spend on bling, well. That'd be my style. One can dream right?

I was just looking through old photos and saw this piece by Llyn Strelau and thought of your little birdie. Totally different subject matter LOL but same sense of whimsy ::) And now I'm looking at bird rings :lol:

1649021222931.png

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
I first saw this bird ring on the Kathy Jade Facebook back in July 2021 and since then regularly popped by the site once in a while to check if it was still around. I’m sure fellow jewelry lovers understand right? It’s such an adorable ring. So while it’s totally impractical I just thought of it like it’s a little work of art.

So in late-January to early-February when Kathy had it’s Chinese New Year promo where you had a random chance of drawing a up to 25% discount code, I tried my luck daily to finally maximize at a 20% discount code… so not the luckiest but hey a 20% discount isn’t too bad. And finally after mulling for months (thank goodness it didn’t sell during that time), finally I decided to get this adorable little friend after checking that it can be adjusted to my size.

It’s made of 18k white and rose gold (RG for the shank which is made to look like a branch), with glassy jadeite feathers, tsavorite melee accents, black diamond eyes and loads of beautifully detailed engraving.

I posted a pic of the ring on the thread “stuff I was considering to buy” and got quite a few responses and questions so decided to create a SMTB thread instead of randomly posting on the CS forum on my thread.

Just got it back after sending it to Kathy for resizing to fit my index finger - given the workmanship involved in the shank, I just didn’t dare to use a local workshop even though the multiple overseas shipments made me shudder a bit… Singapore to Taiwan to Hong Kong to Taiwan and finally back to Singapore!

That’s all really. No sentimental story, not a heirloom item, just a short story of why I bought this piece and then lots of pics.

TLDR: It’s adorable so I got it.

On the hand (gloomy and about to rain when I took the pics this morning):
8F137A64-4658-409F-850B-D13F6960FE24.jpeg C51FCB4F-9806-44F1-998D-9903B017599F.jpeg

Various angles and profiles:
ADE7F333-7D21-4B68-BB63-7887A2BBC81B.jpeg EBC0E58A-320E-4245-AE89-973259CAC807.jpeg 39C8B184-82BF-4367-A791-ED30A5731A2E.jpeg 5D8651DA-A984-4968-BF89-A5E1D6D060C5.jpeg 3AC4A183-C088-448C-B720-80C1165B630B.jpeg 0992106B-BEB3-45B4-8D88-4E361A1CEE98.jpeg

Close ups to show the detailed engraving:
DB727937-30AB-4DA7-ABF4-5FD506216E02.jpeg

@lala646 @mrs-b @Mreader @HS4S_2 @MiniMinerva @lovedogs @upgradingmama @MamaBee @ZestfullyBling

It is so lovely and adorable! It makes my heart sing just by looking at it. Congratulations and enjoy!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Most of my collection is stylized flora but I have a HUGE soft spot for photorealism in jewellery. JAR, Michelle Ong - if I had all the money in the world to spend on bling, well. That'd be my style. One can dream right?

I was just looking through old photos and saw this piece by Llyn Strelau and thought of your little birdie. Totally different subject matter LOL but same sense of whimsy ::) And now I'm looking at bird rings :lol:

1649021222931.png

incredibly clever! love it!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It’s so charming! It would instantly brighten my mood.
Thank you! And he does cheer me up just by looking adorable.

It is the coolest ring! Love the fine detail of the bird and it looks fabulous on you!
Thank you! The details are amazing. Even the claws (which usually isn’t all that visible) are so cute.

I love it! He is sweet and adorable, and a little work of art. So glad you were able to make him yours!
Thank you, I’m so glad too!

I honestly dont know why i thought of that :lol-2:
Sorry little birdie

does he have a name yet ?
Hahahaha it is a very valid question. Well, don’t advise anyone to fight with me when I’m wearing that ring.

Am still thinking of a name for him!

So adorable. I love it. I second @Daisys and Diamonds suggestion in that he needs a name! Enjoy that little sweetie on your finger.
Thank you!

So beautiful. I really love this! The details are awesome.
Thank you! Am so thankful to the craftsperson who made this.

O @icy_jade: you SO did the right thing! He is fantastic - love how the jade is used to make feathers. I just love him!
Thank you and the feathers catches the right and glow too!

The little bird is sooo adorable! No surprise you decided to go for it!
Thank you! I wonder why no one else bought him earlier? I guess we are just meant to be together lol.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
It’s a work of art!
Thank you!

What a great piece. I bet you smile when you look at that happy little birdie on your finger :). Do you say ‘a little bird told me…’ all the time now?
Ahahahahah. No but maybe I can start saying that.

What a sweetie.
Thank you!

I love this! Adorable!
Thank you!

This is positively gorgeous and I want it. Who cares if it's impractical.
Thank you! Wearable but need to be careful. That’s my take after wearing out over the weekend and to work today.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@icy_jade - I love this ring so much, I've been purposely staying away from this thread to stop myself from making a bad financial decision! Just a gorgeous, delightful ring! Hoping one day I have one of my own!

Wear in good health, icy_jade, and thank you SO much for sharing this darling with us!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
"That’s all really. No sentimental story, not a heirloom item, just a short story of why I bought this piece and then lots of pics."

I beg to differ; you may not have inherited this adorable little guy, but I guarantee he is an heirloom item henceforth!
Awww… thank you! Didn’t think of it that way. I sure hope one of my kids will love this guy.

So beautiful! The artistry is amazing.
Thank you!

Oh my goodness, he is precious. And beautifully executed, the band is a work of art. I agree he needs a name

We say jewelery is wearable sculpture but this little bit is truly a work of art.
Thank you! He is setting the bar high for future purchases for sure.

He is darn cute!
Thank you!

Oh it's darling! I love everything about it. I know how it is when these creatures get into your heart, lol. I'm so glad it was still available for you!
Thank you! I love to see your animal inspired blings too.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Just absolutely precious! The artist strikes the perfect balance between realistic and interpretive. I could look at photos of this jewel of a little friend all day long! I covet!
Thank you! You described it perfectly. I was just comparing to some of my other nature inspired pieces and they lack that element of realism. Yet this ring is still so adorable.

I love it! It is so whimsical and a true piece of art. The details are amazing! Perfect ring for Spring.
Thank you!

1649021222931.png
Oh yes, if money is no issue you bet i’ll collect Cindy Chao, Wallace Chan, JAR, Michelle Ong. But well, we can only dream…

It is so lovely and adorable! It makes my heart sing just by looking at it. Congratulations and enjoy!
Thank you!

Such a beauty. A work of art. Congratulations on your new friend!
Thank you!

@icy_jade - I love this ring so much, I've been purposely staying away from this thread to stop myself from making a bad financial decision! Just a gorgeous, delightful ring! Hoping one day I have one of my own!

Wear in good health, icy_jade, and thank you SO much for sharing this darling with us!
Thank you! If it really makes your heart sing… well, there are two girl birds available now…

plad25

Shiny_Rock
It's stunning and such a stand out piece. I understand the impractical nature but..... this is absolutely necessary for you to own!!! I love it.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
So much fun - I think she needs to be part of a mechanical music box (a la the delightful singing creatures from the 1700’s) so she can live there when not on your hand. Fantastic!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Talk about a special piece! An art piece, really. I think every woman needs at least one totally impractical but magical piece of jewelry and THIS definitely qualifies! I love it!

88_star

Shiny_Rock
Trade
He is so stinking adorable! Love the pictures of him perching on the real tree too of course. That glow is beautiful…like wet feathers on his back. Enjoy him!! I know I would be far too clumsy (and apologize to my non-living bird for clunking him on the head so often) but he looks right at home.

kah42

Shiny_Rock
I love this. I'll admit I didn't read your post at first and jumped straight to the pictures. Each one got me more intrigued, and now I'm pretty much obsessed. The details! I could stare at this all day. Now I want one!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1649115237915.png

Oh. It's darling. For real. Cutest little bird. :love:

Alybetter

Brilliant_Rock
Another great aspect of this ring is that when you’re not wearing it, it could sit in a little stand, like a ring box without the top, and make a beautiful desk pretty. It’s super cute! A fun splurge.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results