shape
carat
color
clarity

amusing reactions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LizzieC

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all, it''s been too too long since I''ve been on! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

So I''ve gotten a couple of reactions to my e-ring over the past week or two that are probably only funny for other PSrs!
41.gif

1. While getting a flu shot- I actually saw the nurse get distracted by my ring WHILE giving me the shot! Needless to say it was pretty darn painful!
39.gif
She was like, "oh sorry" and then grabbed my hand and said "that''s beautiful!" SO of course I forgave her! I''ve still got a bit of a bruise on my arm though... Note to self: take off ring next time!
2.gif

2. And while at dinner with an old friend I haven''t seen in awhile, she asked to see the ring close up, asked a little about the cut. She was quiet for a few seconds, and then asked, "but why is it so sparkly"? And I didn''t know how to answer! I just kinda stammered for a second and said something about the halo. But I should have said "it''s sparkly because of Signed Pieces/Facets and all the wonderful people at Pricescope baby!"
9.gif

I''ve missed this board!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the reactions I get too. Sometimes it is embarrassing though. People always ask what the sapphires are (some think it is black onyx?!?) And what cut the center stone is. I guess ECs are uncommon here in NC.

Waited2Long

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/4/2006 4:05:31 PM
Author:LizzieC
''but why is it so sparkly''?
"Oh, because I just upgraded the batteries to new lithium polymer cells. They''re much higher capacity than the old hydrides I had in there."
9.gif
I''ve been hoping my fiancee would get such compliments. Turns out she works with a bunch of dudes (recently hired).

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock

''but why is it so sparkly''?

You could always bore them with a dissertation about Snell''s Law of Physics and Total Internal Reflection.
3.gif

I don''t know if it applies to other cuts, but the first time I heard of ideal cut diamonds was from my BIL who is an engineer. He started talking about diamonds, and said, "from an engineering standpoint..." and I thought, "only he could talk about engineering and diamonds in the same breath." But as soon as he mentioned Snell''s Law I knew what he meant. I used to work with optical fiber and it''s based on that same principle, to have all the light reflect in one direction.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
p.s. I must admit I would have been distracted by your beautiful ring just like the nurse!!
1.gif

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
These are my most memoriable reactions:

When my FMIL saw my ring she said ''Well at least you won''t have to buy your own upgrade!'' Which she did apparently. I thought that was funny, she''s pretty proud of her son''s ring purchase.

I was at Talbots buying a purse and the lady who was helping me said ''OMG! You''re ring is grogeous!! It''s so sparkly!!!!'' I was walking on a bigger cloud after that!

Then my fiance''s friends fiance saw my ring....grabbed my hand...looked at it....pulled my finger almost out of the shocket trying to get her fiance to see my ring while saying ''Now this is a ring!!!!!"

Finally, my little cousin whom is 15 and I used to babysit for (she needs to stop getting older
29.gif
) asked to see my ring again at Christmas time and she says ''it''s so pretty!!!!!'' Love her!!!!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2006 4:05:31 PM
Author:LizzieC
1. While getting a flu shot- I actually saw the nurse get distracted by my ring WHILE giving me the shot! Needless to say it was pretty darn painful!
39.gif
Heehe...Needless....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results