shape
carat
color
clarity

Amora AVC & AVOEC

greenteabiscuit

Rough_Rock
Has anyone seen them? There are videos of them, some created by Jonathan but would love to hear what you think of the stones. I had seen oec and h&a moissanites before but were both plastic-y looking in natural light for me and had to return them...

misslili

Rough_Rock
I would also love to hear from someone who saw these IRL! There must be someone on here. I know Caysie had several in her possession and I saw she had 2 up on loupe troupe. I would love to see some pictures of finished pieces.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Same here - would love to see some pictures or video of them in natural light.
I have C&C OEC earrings and a bezelled pendant which are very sparkly. The earrings look more real than the pendant - it looks a little plasticky up close I think due to the double refraction. I understand the Amora AVOEC/AVC don't exhibit this so much so look much more like natural diamond.

windblownhair

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’ve got the AVOEC in CvB’s Astrid. I’ll dig up my pics and videos.

HDer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful!

windblownhair

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I really love the stone, although I can’t say too much about how it looks in sunlight, because I pretty much only wear it as a date night ring. It looks amazing in low lights, theaters, etc. and I just adore the Astrid setting. It really makes the facet pattern pop.

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the videos. It really gives you a better picture of what they look like.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Okay photos first. I want to say it was diffuse sunlight, but I honestly can’t remember with certainty. Apologies for my poor camera skills.

8862F65C-A676-427F-AA0D-91B4E86BE471.jpeg

5CAC4F55-0792-454E-848B-D294A996ED98.jpeg

E3AA8069-0B43-4D5A-B790-F220E629E5E6.jpeg

20A9FFC3-1589-41D9-A64B-DC2DD2FF7051.jpeg

Sigh... I swoon whenever I see your ring @windblownhair. So glad you posted it here. It’s simply gorgeous!!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Has anyone seen them? There are videos of them, some created by Jonathan but would love to hear what you think of the stones. I had seen oec and h&a moissanites before but were both plastic-y looking in natural light for me and had to return them...

I requested to get on the waitlist, but I’m still waiting to hear about the AVC... hint, hint @Rhino. ;)2 However, I picked up the AVR in the meantime. Here are a couple photos comparing it to a Forever One OEC, my old MRB diamond, and a bezeled OEC diamond.

Love the Amora line of moissanite. It definitely is it’s own gem and I think substantially better than other moissanite available. I haven’t observed any double refraction that other lines have and the stone color is divine - no greenish or yellowish tinge.

3DD1202F-6415-4BAA-9DC9-246559A57E1F.jpeg
3FE9DEC0-7A93-4257-B8CD-59C2F72F4A10.jpeg

windblownhair

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I requested to get on the waitlist, but I’m still waiting to hear about the AVC... hint, hint @Rhino. ;)2 However, I picked up the AVR in the meantime. Here are a couple photos comparing it to a Forever One OEC, my old MRB diamond, and a bezeled OEC diamond.

Love the Amora line of moissanite. It definitely is it’s own gem and I think substantially better than other moissanite available. I haven’t observed any double refraction that other lines have and the stone color is divine - no greenish or yellowish tinge.

*sigh* That is one glorious handful of bling :love: And I hope your AVC comes through soon! I can’t wait to see what setting you put it in.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
*sigh* That is one glorious handful of bling :love: And I hope your AVC comes through soon! I can’t wait to see what setting you put it in.

Me too! I keep checking my email - obsessively so. lol I haven’t thought much about the setting, but would lean towards Caysie’s Kristen. It’s drool worthy with the double claws. :love:

windblownhair

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Me too! I keep checking my email - obsessively so. lol I haven’t thought much about the setting, but would lean towards Caysie’s Kristen. It’s drool worthy with the double claws. :love:
Ohhhh:love: I love the side view on that one. Every little detail is just perfect.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Keep in mind that Amora cannot be called moissanite. Moissanite implies that it was made by Charles & Colvard, while Amora is the exclusive creation of Less Wright of BetterThanDiamond. The crystal structure is not the same as that of moissanite, which is why it doesn't have the problems that moissanite has (chipping easily, grey-green tint, noticeable double refractive properties). Amora is double refractive, but in a single direction, and this is taken into account when the gems are cut. It also comes in D-H color, rarely a J, and clarity is IF to SI2. They have NAGL grading reports, and the cuts are the best we've seen in a silicon carbide stone.

The Krupp should be coming out soon, and I can't wait to see them!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Keep in mind that Amora cannot be called moissanite. Moissanite implies that it was made by Charles & Colvard, while Amora is the exclusive creation of Less Wright of BetterThanDiamond. The crystal structure is not the same as that of moissanite, which is why it doesn't have the problems that moissanite has (chipping easily, grey-green tint, noticeable double refractive properties). Amora is double refractive, but in a single direction, and this is taken into account when the gems are cut. It also comes in D-H color, rarely a J, and clarity is IF to SI2. They have NAGL grading reports, and the cuts are the best we've seen in a silicon carbide stone.

The Krupp should be coming out soon, and I can't wait to see them!

Ahh, @Winks_Elf, thanks for the correction! Great information to know how/why the Amora is a stand out gem.

I can't wait for the Krupps either and hope to get a notification when it's released! :pray:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Slightly off topic: The patent on moissanite expired last year so you can now find moissy made by various companies, including but not limited to C&C. I think it's a good thing as the cut on C&C moissanite was not ideal and some of the new moissanite do not have the off colors or double refraction that the earlier ones had.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ahh, @Winks_Elf, thanks for the correction! Great information to know how/why the Amora is a stand out gem.

I can't wait for the Krupps either and hope to get a notification when it's released! :pray:

You and me both!!! I've had my name on the wait list for a few years now, lol! I'm dying to see the Krupp in person.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You and me both!!! I've had my name on the wait list for a few years now, lol! I'm dying to see the Krupp in person.

A few years?? :eek2: My few months are nothing... you’re a saint by comparison! I saw the video that was posted last month and couldn’t stop thinking “Gimme, gimme, gimme now!” lol

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just signed up for the notification too but I want pink. Pink!!! :-o I can't wait to see how these turn out.

Pink sounds divine.... :love::love::love: I had no idea these will also be produced as colored stones. I’ll definitely need to look into this too. My much to the detriment of my poor wallet. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results