shape
carat
color
clarity

American Pearl white South Sea stud earrings

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Several years ago I had the opportunity to buy a beautiful 18k white gold Kailis 13mm white SS pearl and diamond pendant. I am not sure I've ever worn it, but I thought if I had matching earrings, it just might entice me to wear it more often! A very good friend on this forum gave me a lot of help and advice which I greatly appreciate! I decided to try American Pearl for a couple of reasons even though I was aware of pros and cons from others. One good thing is that they offer higher quality settings than some of the other pearl vendors such as 18k gold and platinum and a nice variety of setting styles. They had a 20% off coupon for Mother's Day, and since they have a good return policy, I figured I had nothing to lose! I ordered 18k white gold settings because their platinum ones do not come with the cup-posts. They did offer to custom make them at no extra charge, but I wanted to go ahead and order, so I chose the 18k white gold. In the notes I just asked for very white body color with silver overtone and a very clean surface (which AAA pearls normally have anyway). The earrings came a day or two ago, and naturally it has been mostly rainy and cloudy, so I don't have the greatest pictures! They are a great match to my pendant, and the luster appears to be equal to me. I also love the 10mm size (I haven't measured the exact size yet)! So my first experience was a very good one, and I think the key to that was that I ordered something straight from the site and did not have any special requests other than the notes I wrote on the order. I am certainly no pearl expert, but I am very pleased with the quality for the price. A couple of notes about the pictures...all were taken inside and my black phone case is reflecting in the photos. In some, there was a ray of sun coming through a window briefly. I can see my reflection better in the last picture.

IMG-6138.jpg IMG-6132.jpg IMG-6136.jpg IMG-6135.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Love the whole set DS! Your earrings match the pendant perfectly. can we get some ear shots??

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Yes, I must! By the way, I spent some time looking through the celebrity pearl thread tonight, and I very much enjoyed your recent posts of royal women wearing pearls and others like Jackie Kennedy!

Thank you =)2
I think Pearls must have always been there (in history) but sometimes i havn't noticed them :(2
Bur I think there are some great woman to inspire us
Queen Alexandra is my favourite because she was so OTT with the pearls and mixed and matched faux and real but she so influenced fashion all because she was hiding a scar on her neck

i very must look forward to your ear and neck shots to come:appl:
The luster is really beautiful on yours

- i myself find ear shots really hard to take and end up in the land of a thousand chins !

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are beautiful, @diamondseeker2006! And so versatile, too! Would love to see more photos and ear shots when you have a chance. Well done!!

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Two requests: earshots and please wear these lovelies! The pendant is gorgeous.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much @Daisys and Diamonds , @LLJsmom , @ForteKitty , @carbonfan , and @lissyflo !!!

I love the pendant and am so happy to have matching earrings now! I am sure I'll wear them without the pendant especially in the summer! Black and white go with almost everything I wear, so Tahitians are my next project!

This is the best I can do for a quick ear shot at the moment! (Ugh, now I can see a hair across the pearl, but at least you get an idea of size!)

IMG-6171.jpg

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful earrings and they play so well with your pendant. And they are a fantastic size. So very wearable and have a great presence.
The older I get the more I appreciate beautiful pearls. When I graduated high school, my boyfriend's mother gave me a pearl pendant. I wasn't thrilled, it felt like an old lady thing back then. But now - well I am an old lady and I love my pearls. :).
I love that you took a chance and ordered from Am Pearl - gives me the courage to look around! Bravo on a great selection!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much @Daisys and Diamonds , @LLJsmom , @ForteKitty , @carbonfan , and @lissyflo !!!

I love the pendant and am so happy to have matching earrings now! I am sure I'll wear them without the pendant especially in the summer! Black and white go with almost everything I wear, so Tahitians are my next project!

This is the best I can do for a quick ear shot at the moment! (Ugh, now I can see a hair across the pearl, but at least you get an idea of size!)

IMG-6171.jpg

One of the best ear shots ive seen
I take terrible ones
Those earings are to die for
Now seeing them on you they look absolutly perfect in every way

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks perfect on you! Just the right size, and sits beautifully centered on the lobe.
Thanks, P! I need to catch up around here and see what all you've added to your collection!

Those are really pretty! They are a good size and a nice match!
Thank you! I made a guess on the size and am pleased that it worked out!

Beautiful earrings and they play so well with your pendant. And they are a fantastic size. So very wearable and have a great presence.
The older I get the more I appreciate beautiful pearls. When I graduated high school, my boyfriend's mother gave me a pearl pendant. I wasn't thrilled, it felt like an old lady thing back then. But now - well I am an old lady and I love my pearls. :).
I love that you took a chance and ordered from Am Pearl - gives me the courage to look around! Bravo on a great selection!!
Thank you! Ha, that's about the truth about being old ladies (in my case!) and liking pearls! I always thought pearls were beautiful! But I had a short strand and absolutely never wore it! I did order a couple of very long freshwater strands about two years ago, and then Covid happened and I really haven't worn those! So I am hoping I can make myself wear this set! I think I said this in the opening post, but I think the key with AP is not to go outside of what they offer on the site, because then it gets complicated (like the platinum posts) or wanting pictures prior to shipping. It's just not a format to really do that. But in this one case, I ordered what they consider to be AAA SS, and while I have no others to compare to them, I feel they were worth the price and I didn't want to pay 2+ times as much for something that might only be slightly better. I think you have to choose other places when you want to compare several potential pairs with pictures, etc.
i know! so centered!
=)2

One of the best ear shots ive seen
I take terrible ones
Those earings are to die for
Now seeing them on you they look absolutly perfect in every way
Oh my, thank you so much!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So after a totally manic week I’m finally catching up and well hello there ::)

American Pearl got one chance to do right by you. And they did!! Your earrings look like a really good colour match with your pendant - I’m glad you finally got a pair that works well in colour, that was a bit of a journey :love: And with an extra 20% off too :appl:

I think your commentary on how to buy from AP will be very helpful to other shoppers. Buy off the site. Add notes directly into the order and keep them simple. As straightforward as you can be. This is the opposite of how to shop at Pearl Paradise, for example - for the best Pearl Paradise experience you really want to speak with a rep, not just buy off the site. And goodness knows I can declaim a request with a million and one specifications and not even realize that I’m doing it... :lol:

You wear this pearl size well - they look elegant and classic on you. Not too much, but noticeable. And I’ve loved that pendant since the moment I saw it. I remember your original description - “a WSS with some diamonds on the bale”. Whatever I was expecting - rose cut vintagey whimsy sure wasn’t it!! That pendant deserves to be worn, I’m glad you have the set now!! :cool2: Welcome (back) to pearls, enjoy this rabbit hole (again) ::)

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Really pretty earrings ! And a great match to your pendant.... we all know how hard it is to match white !!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooooo!!!!!!! First thing I thought when I saw your pearls was “Ooo BIG SHINY!” Those are delightful and the luster is so bright! Plus I love the earrings size on you.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous set of White South Sea pearls! The studs look perfectly matched with the pendant. I hope you have much pleasure in wearing them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results