shape
carat
color
clarity

American Idol -- my dirty secret

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Ayla Brown - I thought she was good but I wouldn''t put her in the top - she''ll last a while
Becky O''Donohue - when I first saw her I was like she''s gorgeous, then I heard her sing and I was like aaaaand that''s it.
Brenna - anyone catch the end of the show bootie slapping to the theme music? OMG stop it! stop it! I was yelling at the tv
Heather Cox - nice arms! I put her next to Ayla
Katharine McPhee - very entertaining - I want to hear her take a boring song and make me love it because of her voice
Kellie Pickler - I agree with that jaded recap guy on the AI site - poor girl doesn''t have anything to be happy about and it shows
Kinnik Sky - don''t sing Oleta Adams or Taylor Dane just because you''ve been told you sound like them - do the opposite
Lisa Tucker - wow
Mandisa - wow
Meslissa McGhee - Simon doesn''t remember her AND this is the first time we''ve seen her face despite all previous episodes
Paris - I thought she sang well but her bug-eyed expression-change-per-second and all that hopping was making me dizzy
Stevie Scott - nice voice - bad song

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2006 9:00:20 AM
Author: Cailet
And not to be the voice of dissention (sp??) but I didn''t LOVE Paris. _ducks under the desk to avoid flying objects_ I LOVE LOVE LOVED her in auditions. I LOVE her when she speaks. She is the cutest little thing. But I really thought her performance was disappointing (not the dancing or the personality part of it - just the signing). She has such a unique voice and it just didn''t come across last night for me (or for my boyfriend - first words out of his mouth - ''I thought she''d be better'') I still think she will go really far - in the words of Randy: ''I just wasn''t feeling it last night''
Yeah! EXACTLY. She''s spunky & cute as a button and I know she CAN sing ... but I was suprised when the judges fawned all over her. It wasn''t NEARLY as good as I''d expected ... and didn''t wow me like Fantasia did two seasons ago ... or even Mandisa earlier in the episode. Not her night (for me).

Going home: Heather Cox & Stevie or Melissa & Stevie ... or Kinnik & Stevie ... all entirely forgettable & too "old" looking/sounding. Just a matter of time for these gals, & yes, the hot brunette model twin whose name escapes me right now. You too. Buh-bye.
11.gif
11.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/22/2006 11:17:40 AM
Author: decodelighted
Going home: Heather Cox & Stevie or Melissa & Stevie ... or Kinnik & Stevie ... all entirely forgettable & too ''old'' looking/sounding. Just a matter of time for these gals, & yes, the hot brunette model twin whose name escapes me right now. You too. Buh-bye.
11.gif
11.gif

LOL - yeah poor Stevie. she is a goner

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I have an inkling that you all are right about the less "pimped" going home. However, please please please let it be the less talented than less pimped.

Brenna and Becky are way less talented than Stevie, Melissa, Heather and Kinnik. I mean

Brenna
Becky
Stevie
Melissa
Heather
Kinnik

are the ones who will not make it through to the "top 12" but out of all 6 of them. I think I can stand seeing Stevie, Melissa, Heather and Kinnik for another few weeks.

12.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Brenna for me was one of the worst. God that girl has NO humility, even with choosing a sweet song/eating humble pie and that accent sounds more affected or less affected depending on her MOOD. I hope she goes FIRST. That posing? GOD help me.

As for the others, the girl with the blondish curly hair, and a few of the other mousy brown girls just bored me to tears, I ffwd'd through a few of their endings. Some of the song choices were just really not the best to showcase their voices...

For Paris, I thought that she song didn't showcase her voice as well as another she could have chosen, but her exuberance and the fact that she seemed like the only girl up there not affected by a case of the nerves just wowed us both. Greg watched her and said, she's a performer which is true. Some of the other girls just standing there swaying...nope. She's so young and so much potential IMO. Same with Lisa.

I kept thinking, well remember this is the first show! Last year we really loved Vonzell but she was NOWHERE near as good in the beginning as she was at the end, so they definitely do get better, I can't wait to see how this group of top girls improves or if they dont, if this is their plateau.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh and Stevie, I was disappointed in her...I really liked the thought of her being different and bringing something unique last nite but her song choice was horrible IMO....and she seemed really nervous. I think she could get much better, but I don''t know if America will give her the chance.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
I agree- I would really like Stevie to get another chance - cause I just like something about her - but I don''t think we will see anymore of her.

We FFWD through Becky(to save our ears), Brenna (to save our sanity), the end of Stevie, Heather and even Kelli.

And poor Ayla - she sounds really good - but I just don''t see her as a pop star. Maybe a soloist in a choir or something but not pop.

I also agree - most of the contestants change SO much as the show goes along it is so hard to pick favorites this early!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2006 12:44:57 PM
Author: Mara
Brenna for me was one of the worst. I hope she goes FIRST.
Tru dat! Who I WANT to go is different than who I THINK WILL go. America is so silly. Annoying people don't usually go first ... it's the "unmemorable" "unremarkable" people that don't get many votes. The wacky, annoying ones tend to polarize people - with some LOVING them & voting a lot and most of us groaning & hoping for an early, painless exit.

ETA: I said last night about Brenna ... "she's pretty but SO annoying. She should marry a rap star & become the hip hop Paris Hilton"

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
ETA: I said last night about Brenna ... ''she''s pretty but SO annoying. She should marry a rap star & become the hip hop Paris Hilton''
I agree Deco. When they were zooming in on her face I thought, wow, she''s really pretty. BUT, I can''t stand her!!!!!!!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Some of the some choices were just really not the best to showcase their voices...
I couldn''t agree more and I was so surprised by some of the song choices. I was like COMON! this is IDOL 5! 5, not 1, not 2, 5! These wannabe idols have been addicts to AI as we are (most probably) and they HAVE TO know that playing it safe will not get you through. It just boggles the mind.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
" She should marry a rap star & become the hip hop Paris Hilton"

________

No thanks! I really don''t wanna see her sex tape!
9.gif

singer

Brilliant_Rock
He is such a unique, soulful singer and he has such a powerful stage presence! However, I am not attracted to him for his looks, but his singing does turn me on a bit. LOL.
3.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok, so the guys went tonight. I liked Elliott, Ace, Taylor, cutie David. Chris, and i thought little Kevin did a nice job.

Sway, Bucky, or Bobby are my predictions for getting voted off..

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I just love this season already ... my guy faves (this performance only) in order

1) Ace ... that was just crazy good & unexpected - he blew me away DESPITE his pretty boy looks - a natural

2) Chris ... S-T-A-R. So real. Authentic. I felt him.

3) Taylor ... my personal crush, great performance, great song choice, quirky

4) Will ... was just charmed by him ... Fred Savage meets Motown

5) Eliott ... good but I can''t believe the judges said he was the best male vocalist in five seasons. For me I thought he was better in the slow part in the middle than the up tempo ... needs better breath control, but a nice sound

6) The first guy ... Patrick? ... good recording voice, not digging his style, didn''t love the song choice

The rest can GO GO GO. Out first: Bobby & Bucky??

kbaker

Shiny_Rock
I loved Chris. D. I can totally see him singing in a band like Creed or something. Somewhat digging the bald head thing too...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loveeee Chris...he is so my boyfriend. He's just so darn sexy and he sounded great too! Those smokey eyes! I'm really not typically a lover of the bald head but on him it just works!

I have to say that I really was not super impressed with the guys tonite...

Elliott sounded great but when I watched him all the magic flew out the window!! But when I didn't watch TV and just listened, he sounded great. Same with Taylor, totally not into him at all but he does have a nice voice, another not-tv-watching but could listen to a CD or something.

I was prepared not to like Sway but I thought he did a pretty good job with that song, esp the high note! Not loving the pimped out white hat though.

Ummm everyone else was just okay IMO..that Bucky guy was horrible and that hair! It needs some V05!

I also was not super impressed with Ace but I think it was the song he sung! Father Figure?!!

OMG and Bobby? Copacabana?! I actually love that song but it was just hilarious that he sang it. I told Greg he'd be a fab lounge singer on a cruise ship!

For me tonite it was Chris all the way...I think my top two faves right now for both guys and gals are Paris and Chris. But I definitely liked more of the performances last nite by the gals rather than the guys!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I was not impressed with the guys either. Most of them bore me to tears and none of them got me real excited. Everything was just too predictable. No early favorites. But here is my rundown.

1. Chris Daughtry: He's sexy, but he doesn't know it! Great quality! His voice is raw sexiness and I love it.

2. Elliott: Great great great great voice. Effortless. But, someone make him over QUICK! I think he has the potential to be pretty cute. It's the teeth, the hair and the clothes that make him so unappealing physically. All these things are so totally fixable in Hollywood.

3. Patrick Hall: The guy has got a really nice voice. But, that's about all I can say him.

4. Kevin Covais: Cutie Pie. He's like a little brother who can really sing. I thought he sang good. He'll stay around for awhile but he's too young.

5. Ace: He's sexy. He knows it. A star? for who? O-town... He's got the 'X' factor? Something extra special? Please enlighten me. I just didn't dig his vibe. He's gonna be around for a long time. His voice is nice. Not great. nice. He's Justin Guarini but butter looking.

6. Bobby: Simon said "America's gonna think we are on crack!" Okay, well not his words, but close. You're telling me no one in Hollywood was better than this guy? Comon! You seem like a sweet guy Bobby. But.. Bye Bye.

7. Bucky: The great thing about Bucky's performance was watching the camera spanning over his groupies. Two girls straight out of a Whitesnake video. No joike. You know what. Although Bucky ain't mainstream. He's got the potential to clean up good. He's got a good tone to his voice. He oversang the song. I think he can do better. I think he'll stay another round.

8. David: Yeah. He's cute. I'd be proud to be his mother. If I were in high school, maybe i'd swoon. I'm so tired of these crooners they put through. Other than Michael Bubble? How many crooners have made it big in the last 20 years. And, how many of them were 17? It was soooo average and totally forgettable cause I didn't remember him.

9. Gedeon: Bleck! The thing is...he can sing...and sing well...but he bugs the crap out of me. Even before Simon said "you're smile bugs me" his smile bugged me. If it were up to me. Bye Bye Gedeon.

10. Sway: I really dislike people who sing in the falsetto. It's just not appealing to me. I wanna hear his chest voice though. Get rid of the hat Sway.

11. Taylor: Not the best we've seen of him. But I like him. He's different and there has been no other like him in AI history. I wanna see him go all the way.

12: Will Makar: I think the young girls have more potential than the young boys. I mean the young girls managed to at least look and sound mature. With the exception of Kevin Covais, all the young boys chose young boy songs. The kids cute. Again, i'd be proud to be his mother. But I don't know if I can take many weeks of watching him on my tv.

I vote Bobby and Gedon off tonight.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to disagree with Randy that it''s a guys year. I thought the ladies had stronger performances. Of course, I will be watching Dancing With The Stars tonight and having to flip to AI during the last minutes to see who gets the boot
9.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Mara - you and I are gonna have to fight for Chris!! LOL

Here's my take on the boys:
Patrick: I've never really paid attention to him before - and despite the good sounding voice - I'm not sure I will pay attention in the future. Just kind of blah. And someone PLEASE tell him that that wanna-be goatee is doing him no favors.
And did ANYONE catch the crazy lady that was shown as his "friend"?? She had so much collagen in her lips I swear it was really 2 little sausages stapled to her face. She looked SOOOO gross!

Bucky - My overwhelming feeling for him is ick. Bad song choice - over "sang" it (didn't really even sound like singing to me) but he wasn't the worst of the bunch and I think he will have his little niche of fans (lol the whitesnake video chicks!!)

Chris: He's WAY sexy - those EYES. wow. And that voice. He picked a pretty good song (despite my definite lack of appreciation for all things Bon Jovi) and really rocked out. LOVING IT

David - I honestly am not getting what everyone sees in this twerp. He seems cocky and weird. It seems like they have a "crooner" on every season - they never get very far - but at least the other ones could actually sing. This guy never sounds good to me. It always seems like he is trying to force the "rat pack" vibe SOOO much that what could potentially be a good performance comes off as just dumb.

Elliott - I agree - if you aren't looking at the guy he could be a favorite to win. Otheriwse - meh - hard to like. He's always come off as kind of a little punk before - but tonight he showed at least a little bit of nice guy at the end of his performance. Dude can sing -- I'm sure they can fix him up visually right?

Kevin Covais - I seriously wanted to vote for him. I KNOW he will never win. I know it. But he is SOOOO cute. It's like if I liked my little brother and he could sing - and I'm guessing a LOT of people are going to vote for him. Plus he can actually sing. But he definitely needs a couple of years to grow up - figure out a better hair cut and maybe even contacts. I think he'll make it through a while yet.

Gedeon- I agree with forthelove -- I can't stand this kid. Does he sing well? Yup. Can he move pretty well? Yup. Can I stand to look at him for even a couple of seconds? NO WAY. Is it the eyebrows, the crazy mouth that could swallow the whole audience or the cocky attitude?? I'm guessing all of the above.

Sway - Um - I don't know what to say - I didn't get it. at. all!!! From the crazy pimp outfit to the song all in falsetto (sp?). Ick didn't like it one bit. He could really sing in the auditions but I'm not digging him last night.

Will - He said his name: "Hi I'm WILMA KAR" he he he. Yeah I'm a big dork. He's cute and can sing well enough for this level of the competitiion. I don't think he will be going home tonight.

Bobby- Bobby Bobby Bobby. What were you THINKING??? Yikes. Sorry - hope you had fun while it lasted cause if you aren't going home tonight that something ain't right with the world.

Ace- I think Ace knows that people think he is sexy (not as sexy as Chris of course!!). I don't think that he knows for sure that he is a good singer. Did you see how bad his hands were shaking? And the look of sheer terror in his eyes when he was done with his song? Made me like him a little bit more.
Taylor - definitely not the best song choice in my book. Dude's been performing all over the place for a couple of years now - he's got his type of performance down pat. He just needs to make sure he picks all the right songs and I think he will go pretty far. Have you looked at the AI web site forum? Holy crap there are a whole ton of kids on there loving on this guy.

I'm guessing Bobby for sure. Then it is a toss up between: David and Gedeon.

They aren't doiing 2 hours every week are they?? Luckily with the DVR we can just fast forward through all the crap.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Okay. I totally and completely heart Ace and Chris. Love them both to bits and bits.

Admittedly, Ace is cheesy as velveeta, but damn...I do love him...plus, "Father Figure?" GREAT song choice! LOVE LOVE LOVE him. And honestly, that makes me sad. And to think...I used to have pink hair...what has become of me...

And Chris - so authentic and great voice. I LOVE him too. In fact...I imagine I''ll like him more than Ace...once Ace starts to bug me, which he probably will.

Taylor - he just has a great, unique voice. I like him lots. Don''t agree that he''s very cute, but he can sing for sure!

Elliot - Good, but just not very cute...Sad but true.

Sway - Meh. Didn''t care for the song or the hat.

Kevin - that was kind of ugly...and I really like him...but yeah...just wasn''t good.

Bucky - ICK! He sounded super constipated when he hit some of those notes. Didn''t like it one bit.

Copacabana guy - I tivod through it. It was too painful to watch. I was just embarassed for him.

Gideon - Liked him. I did. Interesting song and he sure was passionate about sinking it. But I''m not sure he''s got much audience appeal.

Hmmm...appears I am forgetting three people. I will dub them the "meh"s and only refer to them by their song selection

Crazy thing called love guy - just plain meh. and also boooo. very cheesy and blah.

come to my window guy - also meh. very skinnny. and his look definitely improved over auditions, but meh nonetheless.

jackson five guy - best of the mehs, but still a meh.

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock

And did ANYONE catch the crazy lady that was shown as his ''friend''?? She had so much collagen in her lips I swear it was really 2 little sausages stapled to her face.
OH MY GOSH! Yes!!! It was DISGUSTING! It''s like. comon lady, we know they aint real!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Ace is cheesy as velveeta

Copacabana guy - I tivod through it. It was too painful to watch. I was just embarassed for him.

Crazy thing called love guy - just plain meh. and also boooo. very cheesy and blah.

come to my window guy - also meh. very skinnny. and his look definitely improved over auditions, but meh nonetheless.

jackson five guy - best of the mehs, but still a meh.
I love your thoughts Little!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I know the best singer should win - or at least get to the finals - but am I the only one pulling for their hometown boys and girls. I suppose I''m spoiled w/ Clay & Fantasia being from my neck of the woods. I was pulling for Bucky last night.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
"the meh boys"
LOL!!

I agree - so many of the boys illicited that exact response from me. It will be interesting to see who stays that way and who manages to pull some charisma, personality, ANYTHING out of their hats in the next episodes....

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 10:41:16 AM
Author: fire&ice
I know the best singer should win - or at least get to the finals - but am I the only one pulling for their hometown boys and girls. I suppose I''m spoiled w/ Clay & Fantasia being from my neck of the woods. I was pulling for Bucky last night.

We don''t ever GET any hometown boys or girls on the show
20.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 9:48:59 AM
Author: littlelysser
Chris - I imagine I'll like him more than Ace...once Ace starts to bug me, which he probably will.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
9.gif
You read my mind. With Ace I couldn't BELIEVE what I was hearing and I watched that performance with my mouth hanging open, yet, hello this year's Constantine anyone?? Whereas w/ Chris I expected a lot & got even more. Perfection.

In our house it think Sweetie is gonna follow Chris & Mandisa and I'm all Taylor & Katherine. (Silly boy thought Bucky was gonna be the "new Bo" ... but I was like - wait for Chris, that's your boy ... and sure enough
2.gif
)

Did anyone else hear Simon say that he'd gotten more good feedback this season from viewers about TAYLOR than any other contestant!!
9.gif

ETA-- if we're rooting for hometowners, that's Elliot for me -- he's from 40 miles away from me ol' stompin grounds.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
Did anyone else think that Taylor and his parents look the same age??
It was wierd. I kept having to tell myself - he is only 29!!

But I''m still a big fan!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ahah i have to respond before even making it to the bottom of the page...

Bucky drove me nuts because when he talked I couldnt friggin understand what he was saying. I was amazed he sang so well because his speaking voice sounded like he had marbles in his mouth. And sorry but gosh he scares me. I'm all for cute country singers (aka Kellie!) but he is just frightening and what the hell was he wearing? V05 V05!!

Also I forgot about crazy mouth man!! I loved when Simon said and I just don't like your mouth. Snap!

LOL re the look of terror from Ace, I saw that too and was like WHAT was that?! Too funny.

Greg loved Chris the best I think as well but he wasn't super impressed with anyone much either. He liked the gals better. He really liked Katherine.

As for Elliott, please someone make him over QUICK. So I can watch TV again.

Mrs. Salvo..i'm So bummed tonite...Survivor, DWS and AI are all on at 8. Stupid Tivo only tapes two shows at once so I had to nix Survivor so that I could get DWS and AI. The injustice of it all!!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Mara, Bucky does the "Southern Marble Talk" thing. I''ve lived here most of my life & I STILL can''t understand it.
2.gif
9.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2006 1:12:40 PM
Author: Mara
tonite...Survivor, DWS and AI are all on at 8. Stupid Tivo only tapes two shows at once so I had to nix Survivor so that I could get DWS and AI. The injustice of it all!!
HAHAHA. I emailed my FI this a.m. saying "Houston, we have a problem!!" about that same thing. He reminded me that his HD cable box records two channels & my Tivo records one. If we set it up right we''ll get all three (but no Olympics *sniff sniff* unless we tape the overnight replay) It''s the ONE time I''m happy about the technological explosion that is our entertainment system.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results