shape
carat
color
clarity

Amazon Prime shows and other movies/series worth watching!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
The documentary, "Murder On A Sunday Morning". It might break your heart.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dang. @missy I didn't realize that there was a difference between the Primes. I can't get The Florida Project on mine. I was going to add it to my list. To be honest, I'm finding it hard to find good programming, but I guess the real reason is because Canada Prime doesn't get all the show!sad :((

@lyra you're invited here to visit me and you can watch all the USA Prime you want. Though Canada is most definitely the better place to be these days with you know who in office.:knockout: But a visit here might be fun :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The documentary, "Murder On A Sunday Morning". It might break your heart.

Thanks for the rec @LAJennifer! Sounds like that would be right up my alley. Definitely will check that out.

Watching Season 2 of Humans on Amazon Prime now. DH enjoying it very much. I am half paying attention. It's good but I am multitasking too much these days and not giving it the attention it deserves.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I just started Handmaid’s Tale.

We are on season 1 and next up is episode 5.

I seem to have the impression that season 2 gets really dark and hard to watch...

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i love mozart in the jungle. quirky and creative. =)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I just started Handmaid’s Tale.

We are on season 1 and next up is episode 5.

I seem to have the impression that season 2 gets really dark and hard to watch...

That is on my list. Please let us know what you think. Is season 1 enjoyable or difficult to watch? Thanks!

i love mozart in the jungle. quirky and creative. =)

Loved this show but for some reason we stopped watching it...thanks for reminding me about it and it's on my list.

Watching Sharp Objects on HBO now. LOVE LOVE LOVE it so far. About 5 episodes in right now.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy it’s good. I mean, it’s dystopian and so it’s all horrible, but I definitely can’t wait to see the next episodes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy it’s good. I mean, it’s dystopian and so it’s all horrible, but I definitely can’t wait to see the next episodes.

Thanks @whitewave That’s right up my alley. Dark dystopian and gritty. Though these days that’s not so much the escape that genre used to be...

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
How has no one mentioned Marvelous Mrs. Maisel? From the creators of Gilmore Girls, it is delicious!!!! A LOVINGLY re-created 1950s New York and a break out star in Rachel Brosnahan, who plays a young Jewish housewife whose husband leaves her and who starts dabbling in stand up comedy. Tony Shaloub is her father -- the whole cast is terrific!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How has no one mentioned Marvelous Mrs. Maisel? From the creators of Gilmore Girls, it is delicious!!!! A LOVINGLY re-created 1950s New York and a break out star in Rachel Brosnahan, who plays a young Jewish housewife whose husband leaves her and who starts dabbling in stand up comedy. Tony Shaloub is her father -- the whole cast is terrific!!

Wonderful series...I thought we had mentioned it however might be in another thread. Definitely worth checking out for those who have not and season 2 is coming before the end of the year woohoo!

Another show I want to mention that we are watching and enjoying right now is "The Hand of G-d". Superb. Great actors, great story, very enjoyable.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Haven't finished watching Marvelous Mrs Maisel! My DF has a habit of starting a series and not finishing them because he doesn't want to have a gap between seasons.
We did watch all of Jack Ryan. That was good. So many others have fallen by the wayside but I made him watch them all! :lol: His mum was down for the weekend and we watched them all except the last one - he had to buy her a Fire Stick so she could watch it when she went home! :P2

alittlelight

Shiny_Rock
Premium
HUGE Orphan Black fan here -- did not realize it was on Prime. Just started Man in the High Castle and really enjoying it.
Is anyone into Peaky Blinders? I was obsessed with seasons 1 and 2 but season 3 lost me a little and I have been reluctant to dive into season 4.
And does anyone like the Scandinavian mystery series The Bridge?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t like The Handmaids Tale at all.

Started watching The First.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks for letting us know. My DH’s associate was recommending Handmaids Tale but having read the book I felt it wouldn’t translate well to film. Saved me money from renting this @Austina thanks.

Will look up The First. Haven’t heard of it before.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:mrgreen2: Started watching Marvellous Mrs Maisel again

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just started "Forever" on Amazon Prime...watched one episode last night. A lot happened in that first episode but all very subtle so far and as of now I LOVE it. It's quirky. I have a feeling there are going to be some surprises but no clue what that is yet. Looking forward to finding out. :geek:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I haven’t watched it because I didn’t like the book - in fact I think it pretty much turned me off to science fiction as a genre.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My hubby and I have been watching Absentia..I’m not sure what station it is but we have Verizon in our other house in Maryland so can only watch it there. It’s soooooo good..We have Comcast here in Pa and they don’t offer it. I’m going back to Maryland on Friday for the weekend mainly to binge watch the last three shows of the first season. I highly recommend it!

P

PierreBear

The Glass Castle was a great watch. I read the book first couple of years ago so I can't recall if it followed it closely or not. Regardless, entertaining and highly recommended if you find dysfunctional families interesting (not a comedy though).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just finished watching "I Love Dick". The title alone was an attention grabber :lol:. The first episode we loved. The rest eh it was OK. It's adapted from a novel and tells the story of a married couple struggling and their obsession with the charismatic Professor (Kevin Bacon) Dick. Anyway a relatively quick watch and I give it a 5.5 on a scale of 1-10. First episode a 9 but the rest downhill from there. It has a good cast with Kevin Bacon, Kathryn Hahn, Griffin Dunne and Roberta Colindrez.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hubby and I have been watching Absentia..I’m not sure what station it is but we have Verizon in our other house in Maryland so can only watch it there. It’s soooooo good..We have Comcast here in Pa and they don’t offer it. I’m going back to Maryland on Friday for the weekend mainly to binge watch the last three shows of the first season. I highly recommend it!

We started watching this months ago and not sure what happened...will check it out again. Thank you for the rec.

The Glass Castle was a great watch. I read the book first couple of years ago so I can't recall if it followed it closely or not. Regardless, entertaining and highly recommended if you find dysfunctional families interesting (not a comedy though).

Thank you @PierreBear. Another one we started watching and not sure what happened. I think we forget from week to week as we flit around and check out different shows. Will go back to this one... thank you.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching "The Romanoffs"..quality of episodes vary quite a bit. Some good ones and some not good ones.

Same thing for "Electric Dreams". Some episodes are enjoyable and others dull.

Can't wait for "The Marvelous Mrs Maisel" to return beginning of December.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have been watching Manifest..It didn’t get great reviews from critics but normal people gave it very good reviews. I like it because..what would have happen if your husband was thought to be dead and it’s five years later..you started a new life..It would be so hard..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have been watching Manifest..It didn’t get great reviews from critics but normal people gave it very good reviews. I like it because..what would have happen if your husband was thought to be dead and it’s five years later..you started a new life..It would be so hard..

Yes we are watching it too. MY dh likes it more than I do but truthfully these days I have no patience for most shows whether they are on Netflix, cable, Amazon or network TV. I am always doing something else while we are "watching" them. Am I just restless or has the quality of shows in general gone down the tubes...haha the tubes.:lol:

But I agree "Manifest" is as good as any show on right now. Mildly entertaining IMO. Not terrible not great.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes we are watching it too. MY dh likes it more than I do but truthfully these days I have no patience for most shows whether they are on Netflix, cable, Amazon or network TV. I am always doing something else while we are "watching" them. Am I just restless or has the quality of shows in general gone down the tubes...haha the tubes.:lol:

But I agree "Manifest" is as good as any show on right now. Mildly entertaining IMO. Not terrible not great.
No I get it..I even told my husband that sometimes I daydream during shows...check Pricescope..:roll2:.It’s my chance to relax with him..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are watching and enjoying Jack Ryan. I didn't think I would like it (a bit violent) but I am enjoying it and recommend taking a chance and watching the first episode if you are on the fence about it. It's well done and lovely scenery too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watching a wonderful series on HBO GO..."Barry". Love it. Sort of dark but funny. A dark comedy and I don't want to give away anything so that is all I will say. That and yes definitely check it out if you have HBO. Loving this series.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just finished the Japanese drama "Tokyo Girl". It was a great perspective on women living in Japan. It follows the main character from 17 to 45 years old. It's only 11 episodes, about 22 minutes each. Top marks for this one.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are now watching Crashing on HBO Go and it was a slow start but I like this series! The star is super likable though a bit dense lol. I have to research this because I have a feeling it is based somewhat on a true life story. The star also wrote the series so I wonder...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just finished the Japanese drama "Tokyo Girl". It was a great perspective on women living in Japan. It follows the main character from 17 to 45 years old. It's only 11 episodes, about 22 minutes each. Top marks for this one.

Thanks for the recommendation. I am going to check this one out next Lyra.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results