shape
carat
color
clarity

Amazing Tennis Bracelet after 10 years of daily wear

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently sent my 10-year old handcrafted tennis bracelet (.33s 10.5 TW G/H color VS2/SI1 clarity, 6.5 inches)
into Wink to have him check on two links that I thought were further apart than the rest of them.

I had worn this bracelet daily since I received it more than 10 years ago in August 2004.
Both he and the original maker of the bracelet were amazed at the condition it was in, especially after 10 years of daily wear.

So after a few minor repairs, it is as good as new again. And since Wink didn't make videos 10 years ago, he made one this time showing my beautiful bracelet. There are some close-ups (e.g. showing the arrows) that I had not photographed before.

http://handshake2.jivesystems.com/videos/zd8p02p3z4?tag=1364

The shipping is going to cost me more than the minor amount of the repairs :lol:
Fed-Ex making more money from this than Wink is.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous bracelet cflutist :love: :love: funny story re Fed Ex....

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I've seen the pictures but it is beyond stunning in the video.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful bracelet! Gorgeous sparkle- I watched the video :appl: :appl: Fantastic and amazing that it is in such great condition after 10 years! I hope that you can enjoy the excellent craftsmanship and sparkle for another 100 years :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cf
WoW!, Already been 10 yrs since you owned this Amazing bracelet? :love: Love the hearts on the side setting... :love: :appl:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Really beautiful; what sparkle- I have to say you can't really give a better commendation than that- 10 years of daily wear and it looks fabulous. Wow.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So gorgeous!!! :love: This is why I encourage the younger women to always buy quality. It is still a top quality piece after 10 years because you bought fine quality diamonds and setting in the first place!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist, that is awesome!! :appl: :appl: love those little arrows. soooo cute!!

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Oh wow!! That is stunning!! I cant believe you have worn that daily for 10 years. Hmm Wink may just be a new contender in some custom pieces I have in mind. I wonder what he makes :Up_to_something:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still amazing after all these years! Gorgeous!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And that is why jewelry is the perfect gift that keeps on giving. Unlike expensive cars which just don't last. Gorgeous quality jewelry continues being beautiful and allowing their owners to wear and enjoy for as long as they live.
GORGEOUS bracelet. :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
..... my sentiment exactly. I too have had my tennis bracelet 10 years and worn it non-stop. It's been in once for a repair - can' say that about my car!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which is why it always surprises me when people are so willing to spend so much on a (short lived) car and don't understand why people spend as much on a gorgeous piece of jewelry. I mean everyone has different preferences and priorities of course but I don't understand why they don't understand why one can spend a lot on a beautiful jewel but they have no problem spending that same amount on a car... :confused:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Sooooo true Missy! And I shall be sure to bring that fact up sometime in a *ahem* family discussion lol
There is one interesting aspect to this beautiful bracelet that I don't think has been mentioned in this thread, and that is the metal used.
I am so interested in which karat gold was used because the longevity of this bracelet is just fabulous!
Congratulations cflutist for your lovely bracelet and the decade of daily enjoyment it has given thus far!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LaraOnline|1412866828|3764825 said:
Sooooo true Missy! And I shall be sure to bring that fact up sometime in a *ahem* family discussion lol
There is one interesting aspect to this beautiful bracelet that I don't think has been mentioned in this thread, and that is the metal used.
I am so interested in which karat gold was used because the longevity of this bracelet is just fabulous!
Congratulations cflutist for your lovely bracelet and the decade of daily enjoyment it has given thus far!

This bracelet was made with 14KY gold. My new FIY bracelet was made from 18KY gold.

I could be wrong, but from what I understand 14K is no longer offered (I don't know why). Wink, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hopefully my new bracelet will last just as long because I'm wearing it everyday too.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/19-ctw-of-diamonds-from-wink-including-a-new-fiy-bracelet.204589/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/19-ctw-of-diamonds-from-wink-including-a-new-fiy-bracelet.204589/[/URL]

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1412832719|3764706 said:
So gorgeous!!! :love: This is why I encourage the younger women to always buy quality. It is still a top quality piece after 10 years because you bought fine quality diamonds and setting in the first place!

I totally agree with you diamondseeker2006. I'm the type of person that would rather do without initially, then save up to buy quality when I can. That might explain why there has been a 10-year "major" jewelry buying hiatus. I sure made up for that this year with the Tiffany fancy yellow diamond ring, FIY bracelet and pendant, and now the custom "cut to order" CBI 2.30+ F-SI1 or better than I am currently waiting for. Hmmm, that's two very nice cars there. :lol:

From what I understand Wink's handcrafted tennis bracelets do cost a bit more than the machine made ones, but for me, paying extra for the craftsmanship was worth it.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for graciously responding, cflutist.
It is the age old 'argument' is it not? 14k vs 18k vs plat in terms of strength and resilience.
Perhaps there is a benefit gained from going with 14k for a bracelet such as this??
I shall have to wait another decade and see how this little science experiment plays out! :)

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: gorgeous :love:
This is a true 'forever piece'.
And indeed a much better 'cost per wear' compared with a car :lol:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1412876781|3764922 said:

LOL, but we had to buy a new car this year too because our Camry developed major problems in the engine block after just 49K miles (not a typo) but was out of warranty. :angryfire:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cflutist|1412877114|3764924 said:
Acinom|1412876781|3764922 said:

LOL, but we had to buy a new car this year too because our Camry developed major problems in the engine block after just 49K miles (not a typo) but was out of warranty. :angryfire:

Booo for cars that only drive 49k miles.
Yay for diamonds that drive many more miles and accompany us everywhere we go by bike or foot AND behind the computer.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Best thing of all is you could attach all three end to end and have a Riviera necklace!

Oh how I wish I'd kept my diamond tennis bracelets!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your bracelet is awesome and even more incredible in its own amazing video.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results