shape
carat
color
clarity

Amatuer crafted Diamond Bracelet.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@denverappraiser Cali had asked if it was worth getting appraised.
@CaliCali - I am sorry, but I think that you will probably find that it is costume jewelry. However, it certainly can't hurt anything to get an expert opinion. If nothing else at least bring it to a local jewelry and ask to have the stones tested. I can't imagine that the cost would be high, if anything, and if it tuns out to be real diamonds/gold/platinum, you can pursue further appraisal. You really have nothing to loose by having it evaluated in-person by a qualified expert and plenty to gain. Best of luck!

P.S. - You can purchase a diamond tester on amazon for $30. That is where bought mine. It is fun to play around with and useful if you like to shop "outside of the box". I know it is not the professional level equipment, but I have been unable to get any false positives so I suspect that it is accurate enough for my purposes and would certainly help you for items that you are on the fence about.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CaliCali - have you sent to an appraiser any of the stones you have posted on the forums?

You seem to post up a find, insist it is diamond, but not follow up on getting it appraised.

If you don't want to spend money on appraisals, that is understandable, but you should at least buy yourself a reliable, good quality diamond tester (and then make sure you read the instructions and guidance on if/when it could give a 'false positive').

CaliCali

Rough_Rock
Premium
no one seems to take me serious or even care to take a look. It's impossible in their eyes. To find a true trained gemologist who handles rough diamond daily is harder than finding Jimmy Hoffa. CM180701-212821005.jpg CM180701-212841008.jpg 20180701_124019.jpg

CaliCali

Rough_Rock
Premium
It's a long story. Kinda sad. But I'm remaining strong. I dont kmow the right person who cares enough to give you me the help needed to get the ball rolling. I'm okay tho. They do bring me hope just looking at them.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh for the love of sanity - this is long past entertaining; it’s ridiculous. Here’s your solution: give Neil Beaty a call.

Here’s his information. No more legwork for you at all: he’s an independant professional and a knowledgeable authority who can authenticate and evaluate your pieces without any more drama. At this point I’ll pay for the dratted appraisal of this bracelet and one of your rocks myself - he can get hold of me if you care to take me up on that (entirely serious) offer.
https://americangemregistry.com/

No more angst. No more excuses. The only thing you have to do is get one bracelet and one stone to him, and I’d hope you can manage that. He can likely help, in fact.

In the meantime I am using the “ignore” function for the very first time.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CaliCali
I just sent @denverappraiser a message, and I reported my previous post to PS mods to request passing on a contact email if you reach out to them - hit Report Concern.

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cali's threads are very entertaining. :lol:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a long story. Kinda sad. But I'm remaining strong. I dont kmow the right person who cares enough to give you me the help needed to get the ball rolling. I'm okay tho. They do bring me hope just looking at them.

@CaliCali - What do you think we have been trying to do?

We are trying to help you!

Do you think we are all lying to you?

What reason do we have to lie to you?

Do you think we are trying to get this rock off you for cheap, and then make $$$$$$$ ourselves?

We cannot contact you in private because there is no Private Messaging facility on this forum.
Likewise, neither we nor you are allowed to post contact details, so no-one can contact you that way.
Our comments are therefore made on the basis that we just want to help you, not help ourselves - no-one here trying to 'hoodwink' you.

To be brutally honest, you can stare at them and hope as much as you want - it won't make them diamonds.

The reason no-one will tell you they are diamonds is because as far as anyone can tell, they aren't diamonds.

What will it take to convince you that they aren't diamonds?

Do you have any mental health issues?

Are you just trolling for 'lolz'?

Will you ever directly answer any questions that you are asked?

If you want anyone to take you seriously, take up @yssie's very kind offer - send them to Neil Beaty, let Yssie pay for the appraisal, then when the results come back, accept them and don't try to badmouth anyone because you didn't get the answer you wanted.

CaliCali

Rough_Rock
Premium
You speak as if I've tirelessly shopped my stones around as I haven't. I took one to one person- a pawn broker at that. Yes. My bad. I know what I have are diamonds as I have corundum that will scratch them. I'm not trolling. I'm not doing this for entertaining purposes. I'm doing this out of desperation clearly. I dont answer your questions because most are insulting.

Attachments

• received_1067056793452821.jpeg
    received_1067056793452821.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 9

CaliCali

Rough_Rock
Premium
received_1067056856786148.jpeg received_1067056826786151.jpeg received_1067056833452817.jpeg

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You speak as if I've tirelessly shopped my stones around as I haven't. I took one to one person- a pawn broker at that. Yes. My bad. I know what I have are diamonds as I have corundum that will scratch them. I'm not trolling. I'm not doing this for entertaining purposes. I'm doing this out of desperation clearly. I dont answer your questions because most are insulting.

If you are absolutely certain they are diamonds, what are your plans? Honest question. I know if I came across items you claim to have in your possession, I’d already have them appraised to start on next steps. I wouldn’t want to waste any time if I thought I had millions of dollars worth of diamonds.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It is sometimes hard to remain polite when the person one is speaking to seems to be completely ignoring what is being said.

You are free to disagree with / not trust the opinions of the people here on the board, as you are doing, but you should send what you have to a qualified appraiser.

I would hope that you would trust a qualified appraiser more than the people on this board, and they will confirm what the stones are made of.

@yssie has even very kindly offered to pay for you to do this.

If you disagree with the appraiser... there are plenty more appraisers out there to choose from.

If many appraisers say the same thing... perhaps what they are saying is the truth.

CaliCali

Rough_Rock
Premium
Frankly when it boils down to I've learned no other person exists in this world that looks out for me other than myself. It's easy for someone to replace a stone without documentation. Now with that said. I'll prolly wait until I befriend a person who knows another person who can get the ball rolling because I obviously get mine snatched.

CaliCali

Rough_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the insight tho it made my situation much more dim. Very helpful

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frankly when it boils down to I've learned no other person exists in this world that looks out for me other than myself. It's easy for someone to replace a stone without documentation. Now with that said. I'll prolly wait until I befriend a person who knows another person who can get the ball rolling because I obviously get mine snatched.

Except that we are looking out for you, Calicali.

The admin of this board even contacted you privately to check you were okay after you posted in another thread that you were suicidal.

Why would we do this if we didn't care?

Neil Beaty (@denverappraiser) would not 'snatch' your diamond - neither would @oldminer. Both have excellent reputations on this board and in 'real life', and their business and livelihood depends on being reputable every single time they interact with a person.

I would rather trust them (and their years of experience) than 'a friend of someone I've just befriended' - what if both people are unscrupulous?

What if the 'friend' knows about your stones and only pretends to be your friend so he/she can get their hands on them?

Will you only feel confident if you have the stones in your vision the entire time they are appraised? If so, you need to fly to the USA and visit Neil or oldminer, or ask their recommendations for a trustworthy appraiser in your country.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CaliCali -Yssie has made you a generous offer. She is the friend who knows and will pay the appraiser which gets the ball rolling per your request.

So no excuses- take her up on this offer. She is supplying what you asked.

skypie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@CaliCali - so, did you take @yssie up on her generous offer? Given that you don't have to pay for the appraisal, there's really no excuse to end the mystery once and for all and figure out if you're sitting on millions of dollars of diamonds.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AFE00F82-0B4B-4053-8314-5E3999DD509F.jpeg 46C54E40-65F9-4B85-ADFF-32CCB7A7DA25.jpeg AED5AAAD-CA6F-4AF3-A8CC-4130FC09D6F2.jpeg FC2CDAF6-6133-4318-BBB9-6068B7D13CED.jpeg Cali, I know you don’t want to listen to the voices of knowledge and reason but your specimen is a piece of quartz.
I have a piece myself. It is very pretty and can produce rainbows but it is just quartz.
We have given you good advice, told you where you can have it tested but you just ignore our advice and bemoan that no one will help you or believe you.
It isn’t diamond and there isn’t anyone or anything that can *make it* a diamond. You need to accept this and move forward.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw the call out here.

Denverappraiser and I had a couple of exchanges over this. Whilst the offer remains open, it is extremely unlikely to be taken advantage of:

1. Assuming OP is not local, shipping (insurance) will be a prohibitive nightmare unless there are some smaller, sanely-insurable stones he/she has yet to divulge - so far he/she appears convinced that all his/her rocks are worth mega-millions.

2. Even if we were able to help sort out shipping, the appraisal will probably yield undesirable information. What then? Most likely some combination of
A) Sure, that stone isn't a diamond but all the others are, or
B) The appraisal is wrong, or
C) Yssie, the appraiser, and who knows who else in the process connived together to switch the stones out.

All in all - I'm sorry I wasted my and Neil's time on any of this.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Denverappraiser and I had a couple of exchanges over this. Whilst the offer remains open, it is extremely unlikely to be taken advantage of:

1. Assuming OP is not local, shipping (insurance) will be a prohibitive nightmare unless there are some smaller, sanely-insurable stones he/she has yet to divulge - so far he/she appears convinced that all his/her rocks are worth mega-millions.

2. Even if we were able to help sort out shipping, the appraisal will probably yield undesirable information. What then? Most likely some combination of
C) Yssie, the appraiser, and who knows who else in the process connived together to switch the stones out.

Don’t worry Yssie, you were just trying to help him out because he seems so despondent and looking for advice and support.
Unfortunately there is NO support, advice or testing from anyone anywhere that can confirm for Cali that his specimens are diamonds, because they simply aren’t.
And he just doesn’t want to know or hear that.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I appreciate you taking the time to write this explanation out for us. These are things that may not have immediately crossed our minds but make absolute sense. Some food for thought.:angel:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results