shape
carat
color
clarity

Amatuer crafted Diamond Bracelet.

CaliCali

Rough_Rock
Premium
20180623_165430.jpg 20180623_165424.jpg 20180623_132154.jpg 20180623_132145.jpg worth getting appraised?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CaliCali...What are you up to now? That looks like paste. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Interesting design though!

CaliCali

Rough_Rock
Premium
What do u mean by paste?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CaliCali

Rough_Rock
Premium
15297935438244309400591642667538.jpg

CaliCali

Rough_Rock
Premium
15297937935494108437445630943652.jpg

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you think it’s real and you want to know what it might be worth, than get it appraised. But you might want to first use a diamond tester to ensure it is in fact real.

CaliCali

Rough_Rock
Premium
I know they're real. Just not well cut.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you show the back please?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Cali, sorry but those are rhinestones or glass crystal. Not diamonds. It’s costume jewellery, very pretty but not diamonds.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Cali!

I am sorry to say that I have to agree with the other posters. I don't think that this is a real diamond bracelet for a few reasons.
1. The stones don't look to be reflecting light, like a diamond, even a poorly cut diamond.
2. The quality of the setting. It's hard to judge scale because there is no reference in the photos,, but 7 inches is a pretty standard bracelet length. Assuming the bracelet is somewhen in that range. there are at least 3 very large diamonds in the center and several significant sized stones surrounding them and 68what appear to be at least 20 pointers. This bracelet would have some serious carat weight to it and would be very unlikely to be in such a setting.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The facets of the larger center diamonds are abraded, more unlikely if diamonds.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know they're real. Just not well cut.

Really? They look stunning - real museum quality! Definitely get it appraised and fully insured.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You seem keen to find diamonds, @CaliCali.

Perhaps you should buy a good quality diamond tester?

Or sign up to a gemological grading tuition programme?

Which country are you in?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CaliCali...you're a hoot! If I had a spare old diamond that I didnt want I'd send it to you!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like 1950’s eta costume jewelry

CaliCali

Rough_Rock
Premium
Well I can see where a few do have inclusions which is a good thing as fakes do not. In direct sunlight it displays colors that are blinding.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
From your photos, they look like Rhinestones, or foil backs as they are sometimes called. If you turn the bracelet over and the backs have what looks to be gold foil on the backs of the diamonds, you will have your proof. Sometimes the backs will be completely enclosed, and that too is a strong hint that they are not diamonds.

When I was a young boy, I used to buy some Rhinestone jewelry for my mom for every birthday, Christmas, Valentines day etc. She had a glass sided box full of these that she let all of her grandchildren play with. When I saw my daughter playing with them one day and asked my mom where she got them and she told me from me, I suddenly realized my love affair with "Sparkly Things," started much younger than I had thought...

Wink

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From your photos, they look like Rhinestones, or foil backs as they are sometimes called. If you turn the bracelet over and the backs have what looks to be gold foil on the backs of the diamonds, you will have your proof. Sometimes the backs will be completely enclosed, and that too is a strong hint that they are not diamonds.

When I was a young boy, I used to buy some Rhinestone jewelry for my mom for every birthday, Christmas, Valentines day etc. She had a glass sided box full of these that she let all of her grandchildren play with. When I saw my daughter playing with them one day and asked my mom where she got them and she told me from me, I suddenly realized my love affair with "Sparkly Things," started much younger than I had thought...

Wink
I’ll tell you my first diamond experience / thoughts.
I though the stars in the sky at night were diamonds. And I thought that was how we got diamonds on earth, falling stars landing on earth.
As a 6 year old and seeing a falling star and thinking I knew where it had landed I was begging my Daddy to drive me in the car to where it had landed so I could get it.
Apparently was inconsolable and my Dad then bought me a book on diamonds (like a geology textbook) and we read it together so I could understand that diamonds were formed underground.
At age 7 we were on holidays and I decided that this rocky outcrop was an “igneous extrusive rock formation” and promptly gathered up about 20 kilos of rocks which I wanted Dad to put in the boot and take home so I could break them open to find the diamonds!

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well I can see where a few do have inclusions which is a good thing as fakes do not. In direct sunlight it displays colors that are blinding.
Are you sure they are inclusions or are they fractures within the stones?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I though the stars in the sky at night were diamonds. And I thought that was how we got diamonds on earth, falling stars landing on earth.
As a 6 year old and seeing a falling star and thinking I knew where it had landed I was begging my Daddy to drive me in the car to where it had landed so I could get it.
Apparently was inconsolable and my Dad then bought me a book on diamonds (like a geology textbook) and we read it together so I could understand that diamonds were formed underground.
At age 7 we were on holidays and I decided that this rocky outcrop was an “igneous extrusive rock formation” and promptly gathered up about 20 kilos of rocks which I wanted Dad to put in the boot and take home so I could break them open to find the diamonds!

What a sweet story Bron. Your father sounds like he was a great guy. So nice that he helped you pursue your interest!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Way cool about your dad! Thank you for sharing your story.

Wink

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I mean a question from Cali. This looks like a 'show and tell' thread. That's fine, but it seems to have gone for a bit of a detour down the road of stone identification.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
worth getting appraised?

Worth soliciting an objective authority’s informed opinion before jumping to conclusions, emotionally investing in those conclusions, and threading health and welfare through those conclusions?

Good grief, yes, please get it appraised.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all the diamonds. I can't imagine how much they cost...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results