• Total voters

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
20180206_085143.png
How large is this? Have you considered making one of this (moval with leaves on both sides) into a dinner ring (set NS) and the other into a pendant? Then you have a matching set of ring and pendant.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20180206_085143.png
How large is this? Have you considered making one of this (moval with leaves on both sides) into a dinner ring (set NS) and the other into a pendant? Then you have a matching set of ring and pendant.

I’d considered making them earrings actually but I won’t wear them if I take it apart I’ve alreadt resolved that they’ll be sidestones.

@redwood66 no decisions yet but I was set on probably doing it before I made this post

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Niel I was referring to the whole rectangular part (moval with leaves on both sides) and turning it into a ring/pendant. Else they sound lovely as sides for a sapphire too. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Niel I was referring to the whole rectangular part (moval with leaves on both sides) and turning it into a ring/pendant. Else they sound lovely as sides for a sapphire too. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

As was I. If I were going to keep the rectangular part intact I would turn them into earrings.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is good everyone who keeps voting “leave it alone” I keep thinking “you’re wrong”
Lol

So this is helping

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's a beautiful piece - but waaaaay too much to wear in an every day sense. I like the photoshop version with the movals and their settings removed; I'd definitely wear it like that. The removed stones would then be awesome as sides, or as earrings, or as any other thing.

Yum-ho!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am on the don't mess with it side - get the mechanism replaced or fixed and you will have a bracelet that is both blingy AND practical.

But I do think the moval sides + metalwork could be made into ring+pendant or earrings. I would prefer to keep it as a watch since it is more visible to ME as a watch, and I could wear it AND other rings... and I'm all about maximizing the bling that is visible to my eyes.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a stunning watch exactly as it is. Is the watch repairable?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who is the maker of the watch?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I really wanted those movals I would make a new bracelet for the watch and use the diamonds where I would enjoy them the most. Beautiful watch though.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for the comments. Everyone telling me not to has really convinced me that I don’t want to listen to you :lol:

Imma tear it apart.

But I don’t have the money for the center I’m after now, so she’s got a stay of execution for a while.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s not antique in the truly rare sense, it’s not of particular historic cache, it’s not of sentimental value to you.

Those movals are dreamy. Take ‘em out, use ‘em in something you love, and acknowledge that someday, somewhere, someone is likely to rip whatever you make apart for them.

Well, that’s what I’d do, anyway ::) it’s a beautiful piece but whatever you have made will be too!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, I’m late to the party! ::)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm late to the party too but I had to chime in...LOVE those Movals! OMG they are spectacular.:love:
And I agree with @yssie. Normally I am for preserving antiques if possible but since this isn't a special antique per se and doesn't hold any meaning for you my vote is to tear it apart and enjoy what you can from it. And I cannot wait to see what you do with those movals. Earrings would be amazing I think. But those movals would look amazing in anything.:appl:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not crazy about movals. What strikes me as gorgeous about that watch is the overall look. The workmanship. The fact that if I owned that watch, I could wear it and my ring. And have double the bling look.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not crazy about movals. What strikes me as gorgeous about that watch is the overall look. The workmanship. The fact that if I owned that watch, I could wear it and my ring. And have double the bling look.

That’s interesting that you don’t appreciate movals.

I do.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for the comments. Everyone telling me not to has really convinced me that I don’t want to listen to you :lol:

Imma tear it apart.

But I don’t have the money for the center I’m after now, so she’s got a stay of execution for a while.

Exactly!!

...so let's talk about that gorgeous three stone you're gonna make once those pesky movals are removed! ;-)

Maja

Rough_Rock
Premium
I spent an hour online last night looking for blinged-up watches because after having spent 30 years not knowing they existed I now want one of my own :lol:. Thank you, PS'ers!:wavey:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I'm not a watch person I say take that baby apart!! :lol: Those movals are too beautiful to NOT make them the main attraction!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
Even I have to give an opinion. That watch is one of the nicest Ive seen. I do not like the color of the watch face. . It detracts from the piece for me. Otherwise it is exquisite. While I don't really know you, I am concerned that you will use the rovals for your three stone, and then in a year I will see the ring on loupetroop for sale. The watch is really a beauty. Think carefully.

Annette

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
Even I have to give an opinion. That watch is one of the nicest Ive seen. I do not like the color of the watch face. . It detracts from the piece for me. Otherwise it is exquisite. While I don't really know you, I am concerned that you will use the rovals for your three stone, and then in a year I will see the ring on loupetroop for sale. The watch is really a beauty. Think carefully.

Annette

...but offer it to me first!! ;-) @Niel

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

Annette

I find it fascinating how you can preface your comment with “not knowing me” when clearly you think you’ve got me pegged.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I didn't mean to offend you, I meant it rather lightly. I actually thought you might smile. Of course do as you want. Its just a comment that you asked for. You are a terrific designer and your choices are beautiful.

Annette

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another broken heart LOL
Please, don’t show any gory pictures of the surgery,
Just the successfully “ facelifted “ movals.
:appl:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote to tear it part. The photo shop image is really good. I would opt for a black strap rather than the white metal mesh. It would be stunning with the black strap.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote to tear it part. The photo shop image is really good. I would opt for a black strap rather than the white metal mesh. It would be stunning with the black strap.

I’m not sure how feisable that is but that’s what I thought too

Maja

Rough_Rock
Premium
@lambskin @Niel And in summer, if a black strap is too heavy, a silken cord in fab colors to match your skin tone.

@Jimmianne , my heart is broken too (insert suitable emoticon here!) but hey, omelettes, eggs, break, see where I'm headed? A few years from now, I'll see a photo of the completed projects and grudgingly think, ha, @Niel was right about those movals.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results