shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I on solid ground?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dstudent

Rough_Rock
I recently purchased a pair of diamonds for earrings (.80 ctw, F, VS2) with platinum backings for about $2,500. I did the requisite research, shopped around, and ultimately decided to go with a small jeweler/member of the GIA rather than a typical retail outlet. I did not ask whether the diamonds were certified but I assume they are not. He indicated that the cut was good (better than the russians are doing??). What does this mean? Am I on safe ground? Do you have suggestions for appraisal, etc.

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi dstudent,

Basically, your merchant was trying to tell you that your diamonds are finely cut. Basically, russian cuts were
reputed to be a very good cut. I would still reccomend
having your stones appaised by an expert just to make sure.

Congrats!

Kirk

niceice

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
Basically, your merchant was trying to tell you that your diamonds are finely cut. Basically, russian cuts were
reputed to be a very good cut.
----------------

Of course this is assuming that the merchant was being straightforward about the diamond being "finely cut"... A short time ago a woman brought a pair of diamond earrings into us for appraisal, she had purchased them from a jeweler who told her that they were "very high quality" - they were I-2 in clarity and M-N in color... I guess "quality" is a term relative to the person using it. Get those puppies appraised by an independent GIA Graduate Gemologist so that you can rest easy.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
And I'll 2nd that. I mean ... 3rd that.
1.gif

dstudent

Rough_Rock
thanks for the feedback and tips . . . will get an appraisal just to be sure.
wink2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results