carat
color
clarity

Am I nuts?

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
Soo.. I said “I’m done”

But...

I was thinking about making a men’s Asscher eternity band like this (except diamonds going all the way around)

I would wear it with either my two carat or my hexagon.

My thought was 10 point (2.7mm) asschers in platinum no wider than 4-4.5mm

Thoughts? I have always loved woman’s eternity rings and didn’t think I could ever pull it off... until I found the photo above on google. I’m not a fan of channel set, but I “think” it works and would look geometric with the baby asschers.

I guess what I’m asking is if this sounds like a good idea- or if I should scrap the idea and say enough is enough!

93B8404E-E4CA-4EA5-902E-FD5DD4281D93.jpeg

8C7D2209-3927-4747-9556-675CC841BE5F.png

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Super cool idea!!
Personally I would not do eternity- instead having the diamonds stop 3/4 of the way around for durability. But I can understand wanting the eternity too. Either way I love the idea!

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
Super cool idea!!
Personally I would not do eternity- instead having the diamonds stop 3/4 of the way around for durability. But I can understand wanting the eternity too. Either way I love the idea!

NOT. HELPING. lol.

I really thought you all would all say nahh too girly blah blah blah.

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
Next idea. I have a necklace I rarely wear anymore. (I just don’t like that I can’t see it!)

A) Trade it in for 10pointer asschers and make the band? The stones are d VVS so they gotta be worth at least something in a trade in.

B) keep it and save up for the band.

D4AEDA33-F475-4467-82CB-A129CA260998.jpeg

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
That would look so classy on you! Trade in the small rounds only because you don't want something latying around that you aren't wearing. Asschers are pricier by size so the cost difference will be more.

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
While I love the thought of an asscher channel set eternity, my note of caution is that you won't be able to see the clipped corners well with a channel set. At that point, it makes sense going with a carre cut eternity.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like it has already been said, we are enablers.

You do you!!

I think it is a fabulous idea.

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
While I love the thought of an asscher channel set eternity, my note of caution is that you won't be able to see the clipped corners well with a channel set. At that point, it makes sense going with a carre cut eternity.

I agreed at first, but when I looked at one at my jewelers, I was able to see the little gaps between the stones at the corners which I love! I had never seen baby asschers before. They were adorable! I was actually shocked that I was able to see the windmill as well in such a small size!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soo.. I said “I’m done”

But...

I was thinking about making a men’s Asscher eternity band like this (except diamonds going all the way around)

Thoughts? I have always loved woman’s eternity rings and didn’t think I could ever pull it off... until I found the photo above on google. I’m not a fan of channel set, but I “think” it works and would look geometric with the baby asschers.

I guess what I’m asking is if this sounds like a good idea- or if I should scrap the idea and say enough is enough!

That hexagon ring is to die for!!!

LOL You did find your people!!!!

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ONLY two rings???
Oh, you have some catching up to do 'round here!
I think your idea for an asscher band it great, and I LOVE that hexagon!

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to mention that you may not be able to wear it with your round because it looks like it has stones on the side (are they on both sides)?
The stones on the side would eat into you asscher/carre cut band.

But wear it with the hex or all on its own! You might look around on IG. I've seen some for sell lately but they may be too small depending on your
ring size.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in no financial position to buy anything at the moment but I have also been wondering about a eternity or near-eternity band with step cuts or French cuts - I think you have a great eye for design so whatever you make would be awesome!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it’s a great idea and would venture a solution to your ‘problem’ that in an eternity it’ll be hard to see the clipped corners of your asscher:
B48C650A-0B2B-4467-AFE1-1625A6F7D493.jpeg D40D3BDE-551B-490F-9690-D7BCA7014FEA.jpeg
My favourite band of all time courtesy of @acaw2015 (who actually gets to wear it instead of sighing over the pictures like I do).

AV_

Ideal_Rock
If the little asschers were in a watch bracellet, there wouldn't be anything to talk about aside the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think a channel eternity is a great look for a gents ring! My DH rocks a diamond ring and it looks amazing! I do think 3/4 is best though for "future proofing" for size change.

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
I think it’s a great idea and would venture a solution to your ‘problem’ that in an eternity it’ll be hard to see the clipped corners of your asscher:
B48C650A-0B2B-4467-AFE1-1625A6F7D493.jpeg D40D3BDE-551B-490F-9690-D7BCA7014FEA.jpeg
My favourite band of all time courtesy of @acaw2015 (who actually gets to wear it instead of sighing over the pictures like I do).

Jaw dropping.

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to mention that you may not be able to wear it with your round because it looks like it has stones on the side (are they on both sides)?
The stones on the side would eat into you asscher/carre cut band.

But wear it with the hex or all on its own! You might look around on IG. I've seen some for sell lately but they may be too small depending on your
ring size.

Totally agree. That wasn’t one of my better moves, but will eventually reset without the side stones. I took it a weeee but too far!

L

lydial

What size band do you wear? I have a platinum Tiffany channel setting to hold 10 x 10 point MRBs but maybe could be converted to hold a different shape stone. I think it is a size 9 3/4. (I wore it on my middle finger and have big hands for a lady :tongue:).
I was planning to sell it for the metal when platinum prices go up but I would be very willing to see it go to a fun project for very little... I could post it on Loupe Troop if you have interest.

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock
What size band do you wear? I have a platinum Tiffany channel setting to hold 10 x 10 point MRBs but maybe could be converted to hold a different shape stone. I think it is a size 9 3/4. (I wore it on my middle finger and have big hands for a lady :tongue:).
I was planning to sell it for the metal when platinum prices go up but I would be very willing to see it go to a fun project for very little... I could post it on Loupe Troop if you have interest.

Thank you! That was kind. I’m a small 8 :/

Menlikediamondstoo

Shiny_Rock

I keep looking at this! I wonder how it would look with channel walls!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep looking at this! I wonder how it would look with channel walls!
I reckon a whisper thin channel or faux-channel would frame the asschers beautifully. Just keep those drop-dead gorgeous triangular prongs especially in warm rich gold.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Soo.. I said “I’m done”

But...

do it !
i would happily wear both your other rings

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results