shape
carat
color
clarity

Am I making a BIG $$ mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Juanitakay

Rough_Rock
Not knowing much about buying diamonds (my fault, I reluctantly concede), I purchased the following this weekend:

Oval Brillant Cut ring in 14 KT yellow gold setting -

Weight = 1.06 Carats
Color = F-G
Clarity = I(1)
Polish/Symmetry = Good/Good

IGI est. replacement value = $5475.00

My cost = $4700.00

Did I bite the BIG $$ one?

:confused:

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
No one can really tell you anything accurate about this diamond.

You purchased it without knowing all the details except for clarity /color/measurements and the polish and symmetry grading.

Since you mentioned the IGI lab report, I would definately have this stone thoroughly checked by an independent expert while you still have the option to return it for a refund, should it not be up to snuff. IGI has a widely known reputation for "loose" grading results on their reports.

This is particularly important to do with fancy shape stones since there is no real standard that is accurate or reliable in the cut grading aspect of them.

The good rating for polish and symmetry may not be so good... It does depend on the stone.

Don't be upset by this, as it may be just fine and worth what you paid, but DO have someone qualified to analyze this stone for you.

Hope this helps.....

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results