shape
carat
color
clarity

Alternatives to LOGR?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I know many of us have used Lord of Gem Rings for mounting our colored stones.

I''m wondering if there are other recommendations for semi-mounts?

I''ve found two that look likely (Toolhaus reviews are good) but I''ve never actually seen them. Does anyone have any experience of other vendors? their willingness to upgrade stones or customize for a specific stone size?

Here are my two finds:
Jewe2004
JewelryHoo

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
All the vendors are pretty much the same to be honest. You can try lan.bo4 and his many other accounts as well.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Both accounts belong to the same owner. In general I found the metal work from this seller is better than LOGR''s average ring, but diamonds are of less quality. I usually go with LOGR''s high quality pieces with upgrade diamonds.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
This is the mounting that caught my attention.

setting from JewelryHoo.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty setting...I looked at pictures from those other 2 sites and the metal work did look pretty nice. I wonder if they
will do upgraded diamonds?

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
From my experience, lanbo4 tend to use tiny diamonds that I will call micro-pave in most of his settings (I have 3 of his pieces). LOGR does offer setting with a variety of diamond sizes and his upgrade diamonds are of decent quality - compared to many B&M shops in US.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a bit worried about using lan.b04 for extensive customizations. I''ve heard on multiple occasions that he''s gotten it wrong. I think there''s a bit of a communication issue with him since he''s not fluent in English. I would love to try lan.b04 for other settings, but it does look as if the diamonds are super tiny on almost all his pieces.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
lanbo4 is another alias of this same eBay seller. I will say that he is good for really inexpensive settings where diamond size is not important. He adopts new style faster than LOGR, who hasn''t added many things to his designs this year. Also lanbo4 offers a lot more choices for pendants and earrings, if that''s what you need. But I found the diamonds disappointingly small on what I have bought from lanbo4: a ring, a pair of earrings, and two pendants.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Okay, Jewe2004 = JewelryHoo?

Who is Lan.Bo4 = ?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2010 9:58:35 PM
Author: Uppy
Okay, Jewe2004 = JewelryHoo?

Who is Lan.Bo4 = ?

He owns Jewe2004 and Jewelryhoo, and some other stores. There is a myriad of store names.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
So does LOGR have any sister stores?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Wenhuihui" is the sister store name I think (someone correct me if I spelled it wrong). He only has one sister store that I know of.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I have numerous settings from every single eBay china seller. I will be honest .. they are so similar that I barely remember which one is from who. My favorite pieces are from LOGR when he first got popular. Nowadays, his settings are pretty much like the others. His diamonds might be a little bigger but the chances of getting a black diamond from him is higher.

I picked up some of his new rose cut settings so I will see how those turn out.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2010 10:28:35 PM
Author: CharmyPoo
His diamonds might be a little bigger but the chances of getting a black diamond from him is higher.

Even with the upgraded diamonds?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2010 7:00:22 PM
This is the mounting that caught my attention.
Uppy,
Is that from Lanbo? The metal work looks awesome for something that is supposedly mass produced and the diamonds look quite good from that distance too!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
It''s from JewelryHoo. I really liked the metalwork too, and the millegraining looked quite precise. Although it is the "glamour shot", I wonder if I ordered it would it look as nice?

I''m not as worried about the size of the melee as long as they are sparkly. I just hate shoddy craftsmanship. I know you get what you pay for, and what should I expect of a mass produced piece from China, right?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/25/2010 9:07:23 AM
It''s from JewelryHoo. I really liked the metalwork too, and the millegraining looked quite precise. Although it is the ''glamour shot'', I wonder if I ordered it would it look as nice?

I''m not as worried about the size of the melee as long as they are sparkly. I just hate shoddy craftsmanship. I know you get what you pay for, and what should I expect of a mass produced piece from China, right?
Uppy, my most recent setting for my Tsavorite was from Jewelryhoo. I was pretty pleased with it overall, but the miligrain isn''t as nice as LOGR and it didn''t feel quite as weighty.

However, I''m really happy with it, especially given the price I paid.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I bought this pendant from this seller. Metal work is similar quality to the piece you are considering, diamonds are tiny and average. Under strong lighting it sparks.
UnEdited19.jpg

Pendant_Pink%20Spinel-1.JPG

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Yingh, thank you for the example. You''ve been very helpful in getting an idea about what to expect.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2010 9:53:40 PM
Author: yingh
lanbo4 is another alias of this same eBay seller. I will say that he is good for really inexpensive settings where diamond size is not important. He adopts new style faster than LOGR, who hasn''t added many things to his designs this year. Also lanbo4 offers a lot more choices for pendants and earrings, if that''s what you need. But I found the diamonds disappointingly small on what I have bought from lanbo4: a ring, a pair of earrings, and two pendants.
Ah, good to know!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
LOGR has actually put out numerous new designs over the past month - probably not really innovative but new never the less.

I used to be a big lan.bo4 buyer and liked buying from him over LOGR. However, we had a falling out over two custom pieces and I haven''t purchased from him since. The two custom pieces looked nothing like what I wanted .. his response this is the best I can do and no refund. They didn''t even attempt to try to make it a bit closer to the photos and make the head the right size.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
That sux Charmy! I''m looking for an oval mounting of about 6x8 and all of the offerings on LOGR are BORING!!!!!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/24/2010 10:18:40 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
''Wenhuihui'' is the sister store name I think (someone correct me if I spelled it wrong). He only has one sister store that I know of.
Probably should not even mention it here... I think you spelled it right. In many Asian languages, "hui" means "man". (Someone correct me if I am wrong). Consequently, in Russia having been conquered by the Mongols once upon a time, "hui" means something...pretty similar but... The name sounds so incredibly, unbelievably hilariously-inappropriate...I am going to start buying from them from now on. (Also, I shall never forget this site).

(I understand that in some remote countrles, my last or first name may sound strange as well... Just a very funny coincidence).

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2010 7:43:00 PM
Author: crasru

'Wenhuihui' is the sister store name I think (someone correct me if I spelled it wrong). He only has one sister store that I know of.
Probably should not even mention it here... I think you spelled it right. In many Asian languages, 'hui' means 'man'. (Someone correct me if I am wrong). Consequently, in Russia having been conquered by the Mongols once upon a time, 'hui' means something...pretty similar but... The name sounds so incredibly, unbelievably hilariously-inappropriate...I am going to start buying from them from now on. (Also, I shall never forget this site).

(I understand that in some remote countrles, my last or first name may sound strange as well... Just a very funny coincidence).
My husband's last name means a certain nasty body part in Russian, but he's Polish. LOL! When I tell Russian people his last name, they laugh or look at me funny.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/26/2010 8:43:20 PM

Date: 6/26/2010 7:43:00 PM
Author: crasru

''Wenhuihui'' is the sister store name I think (someone correct me if I spelled it wrong). He only has one sister store that I know of.
Probably should not even mention it here... I think you spelled it right. In many Asian languages, ''hui'' means ''man''. (Someone correct me if I am wrong). Consequently, in Russia having been conquered by the Mongols once upon a time, ''hui'' means something...pretty similar but... The name sounds so incredibly, unbelievably hilariously-inappropriate...I am going to start buying from them from now on. (Also, I shall never forget this site).

My husband''s last name means a certain nasty body part in Russian, but he''s Polish. LOL! When I tell Russian people his last name, they laugh or look at me funny.
TL,

Now imagine my night! Since there are several nasty body parts in Russian, can you imagine how many versions of Polish names I can come up with? And since tomorrow is Sunday, I have some leisure time to think of it, too, so on Monday I''ll probably walk straight into my colleague''s office with a request for Lithium! (Luckily I have two colleagues working at my office, and three therapists, too, but go explain "the precipitating event" to any of them!)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results