carat
color
clarity

Review of Lan.bo4 settings

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One word ................ IMPRESSED!

The diamonds are beautiful and the semi-mounts well made. They''re not particularly heavy in goldweight but they''re not flimsy either.

I took photos in about 5 minutes before putting my daughter to bed so apologies for the quality but hope it gives you an indication of how nice they are. By the way, I had the opportunity to see them just before the light faded and in natural light they looked very good. Under incandescent light they''re both glitterballs!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Obligatory hand shot!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a pear:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, a TRIPLE halo. Fainting. . .

I forget, did you upgrade the diamonds LD? Did you loupe them? Single cuts, full cuts?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And a hand shot

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The middle ring is one I had made and has VS diamonds, G colour. You can see there is very little difference between that and the Lan.bo settings.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decisions, decisions - what on earth do I set!!!?

Apologies for the photos, the pear gemstones are sitting in plastic bags and being held over the setting - hence looking very odd but it was the only way I could do it without the gems flying all over the kitchen!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2010 4:57:15 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
OMG, a TRIPLE halo. Fainting. . .

I forget, did you upgrade the diamonds LD? Did you loupe them? Single cuts, full cuts?
No I didn't upgrade or ask for any changes. I asked him about the diamonds and he said they were VS (but he would give a full refund if I wasn't happy). The triple halo is by far the nicer setting and the diamonds are gorgeous. There are one or two "off" diamonds in the pear but honestly you don't notice them unless scrutinising - the majority are clean, white and sparkly!

I haven't had time to loupe them BUT I don't normally because so long as they perform and they're not grey or included to the eye I'm not bothered. For the money it would be difficult to replicate so I'm happy! I'm assuming they're single cut but he doesn't say in his ad.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would go for the sapphire in the first setting, as the triple halo overwhelms the more delicate beryl

In the second, I really like the aqua. The colour is great! I must say that the spess in that setting looks too much like another''s PSer rings.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2010 5:21:36 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain
I would go for the sapphire in the first setting, as the triple halo overwhelms the more delicate beryl

In the second, I really like the aqua. The colour is great! I must say that the spess in that setting looks too much like another''s PSer rings.
Have you been reading my mind!? Those are the two I think I''m going for!

I''ve got to say that it''s a hard choice for the pear setting between the Aqua and the Spess (it looks like a smaller version of TL''s ring doesn''t it - which she knows I love) but I doubt I''d get much wear out of an orange stone.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
LD, I love that wildflower colored sapphire! Its seriously breathtaking.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very Nice!

-A

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2010 5:21:36 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain

Ditto this!
1.gif

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I like the spess and aqua ! Nice, I lOVE HALO
21.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad your settings turned out so nice. I also never had to upgrade diamonds with Lan.Bo - I have always been happy with the quality of the diamonds.

My latest settings from LOGR (just got 4) are very similar to my Lan.Bo settings - I wonder if they actually make some settings for LOGR.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Single cuts will look very different from a full cut; you should be able to tell the difference without having to loupe them. I’d like to know if they are full cuts or single cuts too. I agree that the triple halo looks to the nicest setting of the trio.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono - I know what single and full cuts look like!
9.gif
I was knackered last night and couldn''t be bothered to look.

Anyway, I have today and they''re single cuts.

I''ve also looked at the lan.bo adverts and he says that you can upgrade to full cuts - I hadn''t noticed that when I bought. However, I still wouldn''t have upgraded. These diamonds are so small and single cuts perform very very nicely when they''re this small (dare I say it, better than full cuts)!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
Thanks for checking back with me. Yes, I also prefer single cuts for itty bitty melees.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes, I agree. Single cut diamond melees seems to be much more sparkly! However if the accent diamond size is slightly larger, I think full-cut diamond will look more ''expensive''

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
those are gorgeous settings! and you have some fabulously coloured stones

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results