shape
carat
color
clarity

Alright, here I go: lab studs

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered a pair of lab diamonds from Ritani set in 4 prong 14k baskets (but I’m worried now about itchy ears, so might have to make that 18k). I’m not going to insure these, even if I keep them because the price falls below what I insure. Unless they are horrid, I’ll likely keep them and whatever… either I can move back to earth mined or a different shape, who knows. These will be my right now studs. I’m not thinking ahead at the moment… just want to try them for now.

This is what I bought:

.96 D si1 HPHT type II: arrows are a little jacked I know https://www.ritani.com/products/0-9...r-si1-clarity-igi-lg541283536-sku-d-3z8hezcon

.96 D si1 HPHT type II: https://www.ritani.com/products/0-9...-si1-clarity-igi-lg553225562-sku-d-5nhucd6xcq

I believe it said December 20 before I put the order in for them to set the stones. So I don’t know how long it will be to get them.

My current studs are earmarked for the new sapphire ring, depending on what sapphire buy. They are F si1 PS quality.

I think I would eventually like some asscher lab studs, but I’m not in the mood for the search that is going to require lol.

let me know if you think I messed up. I don’t care about clarity but it does say both are eye clean and I cant see poop anymore. If someone comes up to me and says they can see a piece of carbon, I’ll be like oh good for you, here is a cookie. Lol.

who else has itchy ears and what do you think about the 14k? Thanks.

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
Wow! I am anxious to see how you like them. Please update when they arrive.

I am not an expert but the second one looks good. The arrows on the first are a bit off as you mentioned and I am curious to see if you'll be able to see a vast difference between the two in person.

I don't have itchy ears but do notice a little bit of reactivity with my 14k yellow gold posts. I'm thinking maybe the plating on the WG might reduce any reactivity but I can't say definitively.

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
I have itchy ears and I can wear 14k yellow or rose without issue. Seems only white gold is irritating to me.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Those both look like great choices!
I'll be on the lookout for pictures/videos and to read what your thoughts are impressions are!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m anxious to see what you think of them!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I should call about the itchy ears today before they start moving from wherever they are.

I am also anxious to see them and I will definitely give a full review. Lab was the only way I was getting above 1.4 ctw and I’m anxious to compare them to the ones I have.

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
I guess I should call about the itchy ears today before they start moving from wherever they are.

I am also anxious to see them and I will definitely give a full review. Lab was the only way I was getting above 1.4 ctw and I’m anxious to compare them to the ones I have.

I think you may be pleasantly surprised. I have a pair of Labs from DG that I wear with a pair of EM WF ACA's and honestly cannot tell any difference.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you may be pleasantly surprised. I have a pair of Labs from DG that I wear with a pair of EM WF ACA's and honestly cannot tell any difference.

I hope so! Then I can use my existing studs for the sapphire and diamond 3 stone ring.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I’ve talked myself into not getting mined for the small pair I want to get. I’ll be watching closely! I hope you love them!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I’ve talked myself into not getting mined for the small pair I want to get. I’ll be watching closely! I hope you love them!

This way, I also reduce the amount of insurance policies by two: not replacing the solitaire and then getting rid of the stud policy since those will go in a new ring and that ring will be insured.

The new studs are well under the amount I insure.

I’m still working it all out though so idk….

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This way, I also reduce the amount of insurance policies by two: not replacing the solitaire and then getting rid of the stud policy since those will go in a new ring and that ring will be insured.

The new studs are well under the amount I insure.

I’m still working it all out though so idk….

I think you’ll know when you get them. Are they making the settings?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got an email saying one of my diaminds isn’t available, but it didn’t say which one. I’m in bed so I’ll fool with this tomorrow.

it’s this one that isn’t available THE 0.96 CARAT ROUND LAB DIAMOND D-5NHUCD6XCQ WAS UNAVAILABLE FROM VENDOR. PLEASE CONTACT RITANI CUSTOMER SERVICE TO VIEW OPTIONS FOR UPDATING YOUR REQUEST..

so it’s the second one that isn’t available. This is going to get old quickly,

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
I just got an email saying one of my diaminds isn’t available, but it didn’t say which one. I’m in bed so I’ll fool with this tomorrow.

it’s this one that isn’t available THE 0.96 CARAT ROUND LAB DIAMOND D-5NHUCD6XCQ WAS UNAVAILABLE FROM VENDOR. PLEASE CONTACT RITANI CUSTOMER SERVICE TO VIEW OPTIONS FOR UPDATING YOUR REQUEST..

aw that sucks. I had that happen once also. Im sure someone on here could suggest some stones for you to make it a little easier.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

I’m sorry! I’m just browsing now but it is difficult! When I’m ready I’m definitely asking for help. So many people here make great suggestions! I would ask..

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
New pair, got rid of the one with the jacked arrows:

both are HCA below 1, HPHT and both are type II. I think VS 2 is overkill for studs but its ok.

They only make the basket setting in 14k white gold so I’m going to stick with that. I’m thinking about getting custom baskets anyway if I like them.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
New pair, got rid of the one with the jacked arrows:

both are HCA below 1, HPHT and both are type II. I think VS 2 is overkill for studs but its ok.

They only make the basket setting in 14k white gold so I’m going to stick with that. I’m thinking about getting custom baskets anyway if I like them.

Did you buy them?!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of these lab stones (one of the new set) now has a “track diamond” button next to it and the other doesn‘t, so if one of these turns out to be unavailable, I’ll probably scrap this whole idea.

I don’t want to borrow trouble though.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
One of these lab stones (one of the new set) now has a “track diamond” button next to it and the other doesn‘t, so if one of these turns out to be unavailable, I’ll probably scrap this whole idea.

I don’t want to borrow trouble though.

It’s frustrating…I’ve had that happen too..You want them to match…so then you may have to start over. Hang in there...It may be fine..
4C270B50-1FB4-43AC-9C46-A1301294814E.jpeg

jewels2

Shiny_Rock
You could consider a ready set pair from Wf, BGD or DG maybe?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could consider a ready set pair from Wf, BGD or DG maybe?

If this falls through I will move to another vendor.

I’m just in a bad mood because of the lost rings so I wanted to go super cheap in case I lose something else.

But then I don’t know that I want to make my new sapphire ring worth 10k if I use my existing studs, so I don’t want to jerk one of our vendors around in case this goes south and I want to return these and keep my studs anyway.

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
If this falls through I will move to another vendor.

I’m just in a bad mood because of the lost rings so I wanted to go super cheap in case I lose something else.

But then I don’t know that I want to make my new sapphire ring worth 10k if I use my existing studs, so I don’t want to jerk one of our vendors around in case this goes south and I want to return these and keep my studs anyway.

Having been there, you are allowed to be in a bad mood, frustrated and angry. If your insurance company allows, slow down and pace these decisions.

In my long story of loss, I lost my ring at the point we had just arrived at our seasonal home which was over 1200 miles from our "real" home. My husband was recovering from a major surgery and couldn't drive. I scoured that house and our vehicle for two weeks before calling the insurance company who told me to report the loss to the police because of the value.

The insurance company required me to replace the diamond with the jeweler from which it was purchased. I didn't want to wait for 6 months of my older life to be able to wear a wedding ring again and was forced to purchase the diamond, sight unseen, since I couldn't drive back home and then back to our seasonal home again.

The jeweler brought in 4 over 2 carat diamonds and then described them to me over the phone since flip phones were the phones of the day back then. This was when I discovered Pricescope, as I was quickly trying to educate myself about diamonds. The jeweler brought in those 4, supposedly well cut diamonds. After two of days of talking with him off and on about different characteristics of the diamonds, he told me I needed to pick one now, he couldn't carry that overhead and then informed me he had someone else who wanted one of the stones. Talk about misery stacked on top of misery... I told him I wanted the diamond he would choose for his wife from the four. He shipped the diamond in a temporary band which I would replace when I returned home in 6 months.

The diamond was and is beautiful but the whole deal was gut-wrenching. I was so upset with the jeweler's lack of empathy that I ordered a Scott Kay platinum wedding ring set from Pearlman's, (Pricescope vendor then). Pearlman's was terrific and I didn't look back. The jeweler wasn't happy with me but I was finished with him. He could have easily held those diamonds for months financially but whatever. Pricescope was my hero here also and I can't say how many times I've had people comment on my sparkling stone.

The lost diamond had many lessons for me including the mental awareness of my jewelry pieces at all times now, kindness of the police officer sent to interview us, Pearlman's who, although they didn't know me personally, patiently and kindly delivered all that I asked, the true nature of my penthouse diamond seller at the time, how closure isn't always attained and that I still love a beautiful diamond, mined or lab but lab would now make me more comfortable.

I was left with one huge side effect, I cannot not stand to search for ANYTHING missing now even if it's something as simple as a measuring spoon. I ask my husband to search, I'm over it.

Sorry for the book but wishing you, Whitewave, a more peaceful state of mind when you do put back together some beautiful jewelry you will love. More importantly, stay healthy and relaxed. I know those who love you find you much more important than those "things".

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having been there, you are allowed to be in a bad mood, frustrated and angry. If your insurance company allows, slow down and pace these decisions.

In my long story of loss, I lost my ring at the point we had just arrived at our seasonal home which was over 1200 miles from our "real" home. My husband was recovering from a major surgery and couldn't drive. I scoured that house and our vehicle for two weeks before calling the insurance company who told me to report the loss to the police because of the value.

The insurance company required me to replace the diamond with the jeweler from which it was purchased. I didn't want to wait for 6 months of my older life to be able to wear a wedding ring again and was forced to purchase the diamond, sight unseen, since I couldn't drive back home and then back to our seasonal home again.

The jeweler brought in 4 over 2 carat diamonds and then described them to me over the phone since flip phones were the phones of the day back then. This was when I discovered Pricescope, as I was quickly trying to educate myself about diamonds. The jeweler brought in those 4, supposedly well cut diamonds. After two of days of talking with him off and on about different characteristics of the diamonds, he told me I needed to pick one now, he couldn't carry that overhead and then informed me he had someone else who wanted one of the stones. Talk about misery stacked on top of misery... I told him I wanted the diamond he would choose for his wife from the four. He shipped the diamond in a temporary band which I would replace when I returned home in 6 months.

The diamond was and is beautiful but the whole deal was gut-wrenching. I was so upset with the jeweler's lack of empathy that I ordered a Scott Kay platinum wedding ring set from Pearlman's, (Pricescope vendor then). Pearlman's was terrific and I didn't look back. The jeweler wasn't happy with me but I was finished with him. He could have easily held those diamonds for months financially but whatever. Pricescope was my hero here also and I can't say how many times I've had people comment on my sparkling stone.

The lost diamond had many lessons for me including the mental awareness of my jewelry pieces at all times now, kindness of the police officer sent to interview us, Pearlman's who, although they didn't know me personally, patiently and kindly delivered all that I asked, the true nature of my penthouse diamond seller at the time, how closure isn't always attained and that I still love a beautiful diamond, mined or lab but lab would now make me more comfortable.

I was left with one huge side effect, I cannot not stand to search for ANYTHING missing now even if it's something as simple as a measuring spoon. I ask my husband to search, I'm over it.

Sorry for the book but wishing you, Whitewave, a more peaceful state of mind when you do put back together some beautiful jewelry you will love. More importantly, stay healthy and relaxed. I know those who love you find you much more important than those "things".

Thank you so much. It’s weird. The company I thought I would have trouble with was seriously like “oh sorry to hear it, here is some money, happy holidays”. The company that I’m supposed to have the easy pay out policy with was like you must talk with our replacement jeweler. So kinda :???: with that one.

What you mentioned about getting forced into something is why I’m not remaking the solitaire right now at the moment. It was a cut to order from the rough and I don’t know if I want to and I’m currently not interested in how I would do that anyway.

So the solitaire claim is done and the money deposited. The 3 stone is taking a lot longer and I don’t know why or if it just seems this way because company #1 was extra speedy?

This is all another reason why I’m trying the lab studs. Gives me a breather along with purchasing a new sapphire to let me figure it all out. It’s Christmas season anyway. I’m not going to have anything made until after the new year.

I appreciate that you mentioned that you can’t even stand to search for anything now. I can totally see how that could happen.

I also agree with you about peace of mind with lab stones. If I lose these studs, it will be oh darn, isnt that a shame. Ill just order another pair. I think I’m going to use lab stones with my new sapphire. I’m just not interested in expensive rings anymore.

Both .95 diamonds have been secured and are on the way to ritani.

Last edited:

Sunrises Sunsets

Shiny_Rock
You have a solid plan in place and I hope the .95's hit the mark for you.

I had a strange reaction to the replaced diamond when it arrived after shipping. I couldn't see how nice it was. Isn't that weird?

A few days after receiving it, we were playing cards with friends who had been through the whole drama with us. The wife remarked to me how sad it was that I had lost my ring but this new diamond was so pretty and sparkling. I thanked her and didn't say anything but I couldn't see it. It was after a few weeks when in different situations that I would catch out of the corner of my eye and when I wasn't looking for it, this diamond winking, blinking and showing off. Huh, I guess that's when the loss healing started.

I will watch for your updates when you are ready to proceed and until then, good health and happy holidays to you and your family.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a solid plan in place and I hope the .95's hit the mark for you.

I had a strange reaction to the replaced diamond when it arrived after shipping. I couldn't see how nice it was. Isn't that weird?

A few days after receiving it, we were playing cards with friends who had been through the whole drama with us. The wife remarked to me how sad it was that I had lost my ring but this new diamond was so pretty and sparkling. I thanked her and didn't say anything but I couldn't see it. It was after a few weeks when in different situations that I would catch out of the corner of my eye and when I wasn't looking for it, this diamond winking, blinking and showing off. Huh, I guess that's when the loss healing started.

I will watch for your updates when you are ready to proceed and until then, good health and happy holidays to you and your family.

Thank you. You too. I’ll be posting soon on the colored stone forum ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results