shape
carat
color
clarity

Allycat and other milgrained prong set halo ring owners - pls help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Slammie:

Thanks for the compliment. Honestly, I''ve been looking at my ring, and contemplating the "cluster thing" for a few days,''and kind of annoyed to be honest! I''m get the stupidest comments from sales people, but ONLY in jewelery stores. I think in Montreal you have to be some sort of Snob/unknowledgeable to work there. When I first started looking at e-rings, I asked the woman at Birks for the price of a 0.5 carat stone in a simple setting. She said "well I''d have to go upstairs to get the exact price, and I''m not going to do that unless you''re serious about buying" My boyfriend and I were at the time, but her attitude turned us off, and we found Pricescope!

Now for the airline issue, if Quest can do a REALLY small airline for you, I would go for it. I think the nicest airline is when the diamond isn''t set too high ontop. By the way, have you seen some airlines in person? In some pics, they look large but in real life the gap is really small.

Chris''s ring: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/he-was-sooo-cute-about-it.26462/=

I don''t know if you consider this big or small airline, but it''s so tiny that it''s barely noticeable. I saw this one in real life and the distance was perfect. I know also that Leon will typically recommend an airline for under 2 carats because he STRONGLy believes that it makes the stone a lot bigger, and gives it the proper emphasis.

roxy7

Shiny_Rock
Personally, I am really into the no airline with milgrain look. But my tastes seem to change every day, so who knows?
emembarrassed.gif

Ally, honestly, those people are absolutely insane that make rude comments about your ring. It sounds like you have a lot of hyper-competitive people in your life who try to make you feel bad. Don''t let them, because your ring is absolutely beautiful.

I have gone to numerous jewelry stores and used terms like "halo" and people uniformly have NO idea what I am talking about. I learned more about jewelry from pricescope than I ever could have anywhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results