shape
carat
color
clarity

Alli Fat Blocker?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My MD wants me on something to accelerate the weight loss process b/c it''s causing some fairly serious issues that could require surgery.

SO he gave me three options:

One is over the counter called Alli? It blocks fat absoption and has no effect physio logically, through it can cause certain spotting and stool issues.

The others are all stimulants that can be habit forming. I vetoed those completely.

And the third is a perscription diabetes med that has the side effect of losing weight and facial hair reduction (I''m middle eastern... any facial hair reduction is welcome) plus it might help a problem I''m having with my ovaries. (TMI).

I thought to try the Alli first, then the third choice if it doesn''t work.

SO I thought I''d post about Alli and see if anyone here has tried it and if it''s helped them?

I would only be on either for 6 months or so, while continueing to diet and excercise.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
HA HA have you read about it at all online? I think maybe if you had you wouldn't be so interested in it! First off I think it has JUST become available like in the last few weeks so doubt too many people have really tried it yet. News about it is on all the news sites and diet forums.

Spotting? Actually, a potentially mega side effect is uncontrollable urge to go to the bathroom and ummmm serious focus on the uncontrollable.
6.gif

They actually advise that you wear dark clothing to hide 'accidents' and bring a change of clothes with you to work. YIKES!

The reason is that it actually blocks and pushes extra fat out of your body, which comes out in the form of OIL. They describe it on their fabulous website as 'the oil that looks like what you have on top of a pizza'. MMM makes you never want to eat pizza again eh? Maybe that is the point.

It is described as being good for someone who has to drop a significant amount of weight but it sounds so friggin unhealthy, honestly. It recommends that people go on low-fat diets to begin with so that you have less chance of poopie accidents but the way I think about it is..if people were actually capable of getting on and sustaining a low-fat and low-cal aka more healthy diet AND exercising on their own they wouldn't need this pill for the most part. Yes some still might but to advise that they should be going on this diet and exercising before you even start using the pill, well then WHY even use the pill and introduce all sorts of scariness into your body not to mention ummm the uncontrollable issues.

Honestly, I would only really advocate you going about this the good old fashioned way to drop the weight. I know people who have lost 30-50 lbs and done it on their own, sure it takes longer than something like this pill but it probably is so much better for you in the long run. And this is no 'easy' way out if you have all these potentially disgusting side effects. Who wants to live like that?! I understand you may have a need for speed so you don't have to get surgery but I'd try the natural way first for a while and then only resort to other options if you ABSOLUTELY have to.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No haven''t read about it online. Will now though. THANKS Mara!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this pill has been used in Hollywood circles for several years. I recall an actress who when to an event in a sheer white dress and the "oil on the surface issue" was quite a mess. And LOL about the pizza!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m ignoring the pizza. Doesn''t exist. At all. No such comment was made.

Augh!

Well. it''s quite expensive and over the counter so... might not go that route. Especially as it looks like I''d have to invest in diapers and diaper rash cream.
2.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Uh, thank you. I was just about to order us some pizza for dinner. But now I think I''ll make black bean soup. Or something. ANYTHING but pizza NOW.

Bleuch.

14.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
heheh pleased to be of assistance.

Yeah there was all this news about it this week and I was checking out the website yesterday with a friend when she wrote me going 'Did you hear about Alli diet pill and the poopie pant issue?'... I was literally
23.gif
about it as I read more and more. And YEAH the pizza analogy...come on people? Why would you ever put that on a public website like that, are you TRYING to disgust everyone?
40.gif

Oh funny side note, I think we are having pizza tonite.
9.gif
I will blot off my oil.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Gypsy, thought I would give you the lowdown on Alli. I have been taking it for about a week and a half, with no side effects. There has been a huge controversy over it, but really the only people who have negative things to say are people who haven''t tried it. I''m a member of an online support group for people who are taking Alli, and the rare instances of people having side effects are people who did in fact decide to go over the recommended fat amount for that meal.

There are so many misconceptions about the drug. First, it''s not new at all. Alli is simply a lower dose of Xenical/Orlistat which has been around for a while, as a prescription weight-loss drug. Yes, the drug can cause what people call "treatment effects" which means if you go over the recommended fat grams for a meal, you could have some real bathroom problems
1.gif
However, if you decide you''d like to splurge on a meal for a special occasion, you simply don''t take the pill with that meal, and you won''t have any problems at all.

The pill is nice because it''s reasonable... it prevents about 30% of the fat in your food from being absorbed during digestion. Nay-sayers will say "but losing weight isn''t about fat, it''s about calories" which is correct. Fat has the highest number of calories per gram, and by blocking that amount of fat, those calories are not processed, which is really neat. Another complaint (again, from people who haven''t tried it or read all of the literature) is that it blocks good fat, too. Well yes, but only 30%. Weight watchers only recommends 2 teaspoons a day of oil for a healthy lifestyle, which you can easily fit in. Also every night I take fish oil capsules before bed with a multivitamin. My body absorbs it fine, because Alli only works at blocking fat when you take it up to an hour after a meal you''re eating.

Alli is not a miracle drug, but it helps. For every 10 pounds you lose on your own, Alli can help you lose another 5. To some people, that difference is not worth them taking it, and that''s a personal choice. If you decide to take it, I would really recommend joining an online support group, as in general I''ve found other internet message forums to be really, really negative from people who haven''t tried the drug.

So I just wanted to let you know that it''s been used for years, this is a lower dose, and to ease any fears, myself and nearly everyone in my online support group hasn''t experienced any negative side effects at ALL (including oily stools.) And I lost 3 lbs after the first full week of being on it (I weighed in this Monday) which was a nice change from the .5 lb loss per week
1.gif

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
If you do the math it doesn''t seem worth it to me.

They tell you to eat no more than 15 grams of fat per meal, and that the pills block 1/4 of that fat from being digested. So if you eat 3 meals a day you''ll save about 100 calories per day (15 grams fat per meal * 3 meals per day * 1/4 of that fat blocked * 9 calories per gram of fat). Thats less than 1 pound a month. For 60 bucks and oily discharge I''m not even tempted. Even if you eat the max amount of fat they recommend per day (60 grams) you''ll only lose a little over a pound.

Their claim about losing 50% more weight is deceptive. The claim is "alli plus diet and exercise" versus "diet alone". We have no idea how much of that extra 50% weight loss is the pills and not the exercise.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
She already said she is dieting and exercizing. Some people just need a little extra help to lose the weight before medical issues become critical, for goodness' sakes.

Just because you might want some extra help doesn't necessarily mean you are weak or incapable of doing it the old fashioned way. Once you have ever been obese it becomes harder to lose weight and keep it off.

I agree that a lot of these issues are more healthily solved by diet and exercize. But always responding "well did you reallllllly TRY the old-fashioned way? Really, really try your hardest?" doesn't seem to be the most helpful response...

RE: the drug. I have not tried it, but sometimes these things act by causing you to have a calorie-restricted diet anyway. I.e., you are supposed to eat no more than X amount of fat with it, which would cause you to lose a lot anyway... But, maybe that extra bit helps.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 7:19:46 PM
Author: *Lindsey*
Hey Gypsy, thought I would give you the lowdown on Alli. I have been taking it for about a week and a half, with no side effects. There has been a huge controversy over it, but really the only people who have negative things to say are people who haven''t tried it. I''m a member of an online support group for people who are taking Alli, and the rare instances of people having side effects are people who did in fact decide to go over the recommended fat amount for that meal.

There are so many misconceptions about the drug. First, it''s not new at all. Alli is simply a lower dose of Xenical/Orlistat which has been around for a while, as a prescription weight-loss drug. Yes, the drug can cause what people call ''treatment effects'' which means if you go over the recommended fat grams for a meal, you could have some real bathroom problems
1.gif
However, if you decide you''d like to splurge on a meal for a special occasion, you simply don''t take the pill with that meal, and you won''t have any problems at all.

The pill is nice because it''s reasonable... it prevents about 30% of the fat in your food from being absorbed during digestion. Nay-sayers will say ''but losing weight isn''t about fat, it''s about calories'' which is correct. Fat has the highest number of calories per gram, and by blocking that amount of fat, those calories are not processed, which is really neat. Another complaint (again, from people who haven''t tried it or read all of the literature) is that it blocks good fat, too. Well yes, but only 30%. Weight watchers only recommends 2 teaspoons a day of oil for a healthy lifestyle, which you can easily fit in. Also every night I take fish oil capsules before bed with a multivitamin. My body absorbs it fine, because Alli only works at blocking fat when you take it up to an hour after a meal you''re eating.

Alli is not a miracle drug, but it helps. For every 10 pounds you lose on your own, Alli can help you lose another 5. To some people, that difference is not worth them taking it, and that''s a personal choice. If you decide to take it, I would really recommend joining an online support group, as in general I''ve found other internet message forums to be really, really negative from people who haven''t tried the drug.

So I just wanted to let you know that it''s been used for years, this is a lower dose, and to ease any fears, myself and nearly everyone in my online support group hasn''t experienced any negative side effects at ALL (including oily stools.) And I lost 3 lbs after the first full week of being on it (I weighed in this Monday) which was a nice change from the .5 lb loss per week
1.gif

jooc, but if it blocks those calories, aren''t you that much hungrier at the end of the day?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Lindsay and Rainbow. Much appreciate and I will take that to heart as well. I have an appointment with my doc on Saturday and we''ll see what the thoughts are.

The surgery I might have to have isn''t a full cure. If I have it, it could have some very bad implications for the future. So... yeah. I''ll take what help I can get, as long as it doesn''t hurt my heart or increase my anxiety issues.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 7:35:13 PM
Author: rainbowtrout
She already said she is dieting and exercizing. Some people just need a little extra help to lose the weight before medical issues become critical, for goodness' sakes.

Just because you might want some extra help doesn't necessarily mean you are weak or incapable of doing it the old fashioned way. Once you have ever been obese it becomes harder to lose weight and keep it off.

I agree that a lot of these issues are more healthily solved by diet and exercize. But always responding 'well did you reallllllly TRY the old-fashioned way? Really, really try your hardest?' doesn't seem to be the most helpful response...

RE: the drug. I have not tried it, but sometimes these things act by causing you to have a calorie-restricted diet anyway. I.e., you are supposed to eat no more than X amount of fat with it, which would cause you to lose a lot anyway... But, maybe that extra bit helps.
RT no one is saying anyone is 'weak or incapable'so not sure where you got that...my point was that I would not consider doing it and I recognize that Gypsy might have a need for something more potent than regular timelines but my opinion (quite clear it was only an opinion I would hope) is that I just don't think it's worth it! Gypsy is intelligent, she can figure it out on her own if things like pizza oil in her pants is the way she wants to go or not. Lindsey's chime in was helpful as she has the actual experience, but again, my opinion is I just think that stuff like this is sooooo suspect. I mean we'd all love some magical pill that blocks your fat or helps you lose weight or whatever right? Yep of course, we're girls who want to fit into our skinny jeans. But in reality I just think things end up being so much more difficult long term because of stuff like this...either health wise (long term issues no one knows about yet) and all that jazz. And again nowhere did anyone say 'REALLY did you REALLY try' in that kind of condescending tone, so I am afraid I don't understand your point there either.

Lastly, while it's true this type of fat blocker is not new..Alli itself is new as an over the counter drug, which is why it's getting so much press. I have a friend who took the original pill along with her Mom and they both had the scary oily pants issues, she was talking to me about it yesterday saying no way no how would she try that again.

And for the record I lost about 20 lbs last year going about it the good old fashioned way and yes it sucked to have to watch what I ate and exercise like a fiend but I got myself into that hole and it was me who was going to get myself out of it. Now I have to figure out how to maintain, which actually is turning out to be harder than actually losing the weight. Go figure. Where's the pill for maintaining?!!

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 7:50:12 PM
Author: Gypsy
Thank you Lindsay and Rainbow. Much appreciate and I will take that to heart as well. I have an appointment with my doc on Saturday and we''ll see what the thoughts are.

The surgery I might have to have isn''t a full cure. If I have it, it could have some very bad implications for the future. So... yeah. I''ll take what help I can get, as long as it doesn''t hurt my heart or increase my anxiety issues.

I wanted to wish you luck with your weight loss, hopefully you can avoid surgery, it can be so tough on your body. Pricescope can be such a great resource on diet and exercise, there are a lot of wonderful people here that can offer tons of advice and support!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to wish you good luck Gypsy, what ever you decide. This pill has me scared, but my local TV always uses scare tactics, their reporting isn't always balanced as they say. I hope your weight loss is done in the safest way possible.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Mara, I know you do not mean to give that impression. Maybe others do not feel this way, but I have thought that while it is fabulous (and I do mean that!) that you were able to lose weight and keep it off, not everyone can have the same success, and it is not always from want of trying or willpower. In this thread and the one about getting one's stomach stapled, I did get the impression that you felt all that needed to be done was for the posters to try a little harder, join the WWT, etc. Sometimes that isn't all it takes for people, that's all I am saying.
You also went from about a 10 to a 4, which means you went from within normal to slightly more optimal and in much better shape, not from obese to normal. There is a big difference.

LOL the maintenace pill. Another overweight friend of mine lost 30 lbs and has now gained it all back! I felt so bad for her.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 7:50:12 PM
Author: Gypsy

Good luck! Surgery is scary, hope you can avoid it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 8:08:54 PM
Mara, I know you do not mean to give that impression. Maybe others do not feel this way, but I have thought that while it is fabulous (and I do mean that!) that you were able to lose weight and keep it off, not everyone can have the same success, and it is not always from want of trying or willpower. In this thread and the one about getting one's stomach stapled, I did get the impression that you felt all that needed to be done was for the posters to try a little harder, join the WWT, etc. Sometimes that isn't all it takes for people, that's all I am saying.
You also went from about a 10 to a 4, which means you went from within normal to slightly more optimal and in much better shape, not from obese to normal. There is a big difference.

LOL the maintenace pill. Another overweight friend of mine lost 30 lbs and has now gained it all back! I felt so bad for her.
RT..I actually don't feel like it's a cure all EITHER WAY to do it old fashioned OR take a pill. My point is simply that there IS no one size fits all or easy way out for any kind of situation like this.

In the stomach stapling thread I kept saying that I felt that MOST people don't need it but that YES there are some who might have to take more extreme measures and not just be able to go it the old fashioned way or whatever.

That is really how I feel...that while 99% of the people who think about it or try it REALLY don't need it because they HAVE NOT gone the 100000% to try it the old fashioned way (and most would admit that), there is that 1% that yes could really benefit from it because they have other issues or they have tried other ways and are just so frustrated or whatever. I know that it's not all or nothing.

But I also know that my mental state is colored because I know so many people who WAY TOO EASILY think they can turn to diet pills or things like surgery or whatever to fix their 20 or 30 or 50 lb problem and they got themselves into that situation and have not done 10000% of what they could do to get out of it.

I have always been more RAH RAH for natural methods than pills...even when it comes down to taking pills for headaches or whatever. I don't mean to sound like a total extremist, but I just have seen from experience that so much of this stuff does not work over time as you just mentioned your friend gained all her weight back...I have seen that story time and time again (and yes i find maintaining WAY harder than losing which should be kind of a 'hmmm' to those trying to lose in an easier manner!)....and while we all wish for something fabulous like this...in reality it is hugely personal.

In any case, I believe Gypsy has just started trying to lose the weight (from what she said in the WWT...I may be off) so my point to her is to maybe just try the old fashioned way for a while and really give a GO at it..and then see how that goes. If yes in a month or something it has not helped and she has really given her thousand percent and the health situation is dire, then try something else for sure. But if I am right and she has just started working on losing the weight, give it some time in my opinion.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think, and this is after having read your situation in previous threads, Gypsy, that if you want to incorporate one of these pills into your diet/exercise regime so you can get the weight off as fast as your MD would like, and it won''t affect your health negatively, that it''s not a horrible solution. Yes, I think it''s a "quick fix," though. I think what Mara and others who subscribe to the old fashioned way of losing weight are trying to get across to you is that you need to have a good exercise routine and healthy diet established that you can keep up AFTER you drop the weight (which you will, especially with the use of pills.) Once you get into the routine of exercise and learn how to eat well so that you FEEL well overall, you won''t even want to get back into whatever it is you were doing before that got you to the place you''re at right now. So basically go ahead, drop the weight, diet, exercise, etc., but get those healthy habits cemented so you don''t backslide again and end up perpetuating that viscious cycle of yo-yo dieting.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 7:29:25 PM
Author: Rhapsody
If you do the math it doesn''t seem worth it to me.

They tell you to eat no more than 15 grams of fat per meal, and that the pills block 1/4 of that fat from being digested. So if you eat 3 meals a day you''ll save about 100 calories per day (15 grams fat per meal * 3 meals per day * 1/4 of that fat blocked * 9 calories per gram of fat). Thats less than 1 pound a month. For 60 bucks and oily discharge I''m not even tempted. Even if you eat the max amount of fat they recommend per day (60 grams) you''ll only lose a little over a pound.

I read an article along these lines on the bulletin board at work (health organization) and it says you''re paying a LOT of money to have 135 calories NOT be absorbed from what you eat. That''s it? 135 calories? Seems like maybe 135 calories would be a small enough amount to cut out without the expense and the risk of undesirable side effects. I do know that this company is going to make A LOT of money off this product, but it almost seems more like a placebo because it could help you eat less just knowing what might happen if you DON''T stay within the guidelines... I mean, without the pill if you eat extra fat you just feel bad mentally... but with the pill, well, you pay for it physically!

I don''t think I''ll try it personally. Gypsy, I can''t remember... have you tried Wellbutrin? That''s supposed to help with weight loss too.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
hi gypsy. . . this is just my opinion, so please don''t take it to heart if you have a close relationship with your doctor.

i understand that you have a significant amount of weight to lose (or at least i hope you do if your doctor so much as recommended anything other than diet and exercise), but you might want to get a second opinion to see if there is another way. Diet pills are not healthy. And for a doctor to give you the option of habit forming stimulants, an over the counter drug that has barely gotten FDA approval, or one seemingly ok option (the third). . . It seems fishy to me. Is there a reason for the weight to begin with? Is this hormonal (adrenal issue perhaps), mental (depression), or something else? You don''t need to get into detail and I''m not trying to pry, but I''d just like to know if your doctor knows why you have gained this weight and is trying to help you lose it in an appropriate manner.

i honestly think that this should be a last resort. not because your doctor said it was but because he or she, as well as you, have exhausted all other avenues. i just feel uneasy that a doctor would want you to accelerate the weight loss process so much that he/she would recommend something so new to the market when there are other options that have been around longer. :-/

and about your heart and anxiety, this pill is so new there are not concrete side effects yet (remember when ephedrine was ok and then people starting dying. not trying to be a drama queen, but seriously. it''s been on the market all of a few weeks!) Diet pills in general increase your heart rate (and blow flow to increase metabolism) and a lot of them have caffeine or act like caffeine (hello anxiety attack!).

i see the urgency if it could require surgery, but i still hope that you will get another opinion. your worth the complete truth. your health is the only thing that you have in life. give yourself an option. see someone else. :)

good luck!

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
p.s.- take my advice with a grain of salt, i don''t even take advil for headaches and will only reach for something if a migraine is so bad that my vision is doubled. but. . . i''ve had some pretty serious health issues that have been "cured" or helped greatly by natural methods or non-invasive methods. all it took was to find the root of the problem and try to work on it from there. one was super invasive but there was no other way. and i made sure i got opinion after opinion before i took that route. just wanted to add that :)

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/27/2007 9:57:01 PM
Author: sumbride

it almost seems more like a placebo because it could help you eat less just knowing what might happen if you DON''T stay within the guidelines... I mean, without the pill if you eat extra fat you just feel bad mentally... but with the pill, well, you pay for it physically!
Sum, this is the first thing I thought when I read how Alli ''works''.

Gypsy, I hope you find the right solution to keep yourself healthy! Good luck honey!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Gypsy,

What are the side effects of the diabetes medication that you have mentioned as an option? I''m not very versed on Alli, as I have just read a few articles in the newspaper about the side effects, but it seems that it won''t work long term UNLESS you can permanetly give up the foods that have a large amount of oils, which all of us know is VERY difficult to do over time. ..but, that aside, WHY would this be the first option over the diabetes drug? Would you have better long-term success with the diabetes drug than with Alli?

Either way, it won''t kill you to try Alli and see what happens! Try it over a weekend while you can hang out in the privacy of your home.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy I just wanted to add that I went back and read some of your previous threads and I am stunned by how similar your situation is to my MOH.

She too gained about the same amt of weight you did (after going on Effexor) and suffers from anxiety and depression, as well as borderline psychosis (which it doesnt seem you have).

Weight watchers or other groups were very difficult for her because of the anxiety--some days she flat cannot face the scale bc it sends her into a breakdown...She also has health issues as they just discovered she had PCOS which inhibits ones ability to lose weight at all and to produce insulin.

For her what has worked it to improve her diet and recruit her husband to "check up" on her as you would would WW since he is the only person she can stand to deal with about the weight and exercizing without going mental. She sort of deputized him to do her "weigh ins" for now. She walks about 20 minutes a day, eats well, and the weight loss is slow and steady. Yeah it would be good if she could get to the gym, but a)she has ankle issues and b) her mental state won't allow it. She loses probably 4-5 pounds a month or so. WHEN she sticks to her plan, that is, stress can derail her very very easily. If there were a safe pill to help her I would suggest she use it at this point because her health is not going to wait for her mental health to resolve itself--she could become full blown diabetic, etc.

So while there is a risk associated with any medication (AND I must point out with natural remedies as well!) if the potential benefits outweigh the risks it might be worth trying it.

And I think that as you have stated, your intent to diet and exercize while on any meds is paramount.

There's nothing "easy" about any of these meds--you still have to do the lion's share of it yourself.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I also would really consider whether it's worth it for the 135 calories a day.

ALSO, I don't think anyone mentioned this yet, but if you look at the clinical trials of this drug at this dose, people only lost an extra 3 lbs PER YEAR. Yup, THAT'S IT. Now some people will lose more, but some might lose less too!

This is simply a prescription medication, that didn't work that well at full strength, being toned down for OTC use. Just doesn't seem worth it for this one...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not looking for an easy way out. But I have tried (REALLY TRIED) WW and South beach BOTH While working out and without. AND working out without dieting.

I think the stupid Paxil does something to my metabolism because the FOOD changes don't do anything much. It's the exercise and muscle toning that work. But it's disheartening when you are eating strict and you know the gym is the only really working. What I want is something to give my metabolism the boost it needs, while the exercise does it's thing.

My doctor is VERY cautious. He was totally against the stimulants but he knows that his role is to advise me of my options and the risks of each, then come to a decision together with me, and my other doctors. That's why nothings been decided. The Alli he feels is the safest as the 'side effects' are uncomfortable without being health risks.

But I just called my insurance -- the same policy that swore that they would re-reimburse for over the counter meds and they said they won't cover anything to do (prescription or otherwise) with weight loss
23.gif

So the PLUS side of the diabetic meds is that it CAN be used for my ovary problem, and covered, while still helping me lose weight.

That and the change of meds to Cimbalta should help. BUT Cymbalta can cause diarrhea and issues of that sort as well... so I'm thinking that the Alli needs to be discussed further with my doctor.

I have his email, so I'm going to give him an email about these considerations.

I really love that he is so into complete care with my input.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
OK, I know this might be asking for TMI, but do you have PCOS also? If so I will def. mention to my friend that others are having the same problems. If you have a lot of luck on the Cymbalta and the third drug I will recommend her to ask her doctor about it...

And for the record, it wouldn't matter if you WERE looking for an easy way out. There's no need to get moral about these things, its just about what's best for you.

Thanks!

ETA: I've also read while researching stuff for her that PCOS can cause problems with weight loss anyway, basically making you predisposed to anything that mucks with the delicate cals/metab balance at ALL.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/28/2007 5:42:32 AM
OK, I know this might be asking for TMI, but do you have PCOS also? If so I will def. mention to my friend that others are having the same problems. If you have a lot of luck on the Cymbalta and the third drug I will recommend her to ask her doctor about it...

Thanks!
I was wondering the same thing? I also heard of a similar sounding drug a few years ago which supposedly blocked oil absorption and caused various " issues" and problems to the patient
6.gif
, so it seems this type of stuff has been around a while.

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsey, my girlfriend used the presc. form of alli and had wonderful results.

Alli does not give you jitters or affect your heart at all. It is strictly in the digestive trac.

You are already on a calorie and exercise regimen, so if you stay within the fat guidelines, you will not have the stool issues.

She never did. She did what someone here suggested, if you are out and know the fat guidelines cannot be followed, don''t take the pill. Alli is just a lower dose that is allowed to be sold OTC of the original presc. form. And, it does nothing the interfere with the thyroid or endo systems. Which is very good news....

Good luck whatever you decide.

The meds they put you on for PCOS can also create - (must get to toilet NOW!!!!!!) - My sister had to take that for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results