shape
carat
color
clarity

Allergy ordeal grinds to halt with lovely ending (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Well, to recap, it has been a while since I have been here. I bought a TR-105 tension set in 14K WG for my fiance, but she was horrendously allergic and even after having it platinum plated no dice. Thread and pics for the original ring are here.

So, I had to eat the cost of the TR-105 and move on. I talked to WhiteFlash about getting a very similar non-tension setting, as my fiance loved the setting, in platinum ($$$ ouch). We also had a wedding ring produced that fit flush with the odd shape of the ring. True to the recommendations they get around here on pricescope, in about a month Whiteflash produced my current ring. After three days there is no rash on my fiance''s finger so I think (hope) that the ordeal is over.

We are very, very happy with the ring. My fiance likes it better than the original tension I got her. They really did an excellent job, especially when looked at from the top, of matching the TR-105 with the half-bezel. Only complaint I have is that the purple sapphire sidestones don''t match the wedding ring''s more reddish/magenta purple. But Bob mentioned they didn''t think they''d be able to match the purple sapphires before it was made, so no worries... on to the pictures.

In case you didn''t click the other thread, diamond is .91 carat VS1 F w/table 72 and depth 68.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
wedding ring pic

2_1002.jpg

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
e-ring

ering1002.jpg

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
non-WF pics

IMG_2292.jpg

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
non WF pics

IMG_2296.jpg

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
What a cool set! You and WF did a great job! I''m glad the allergy problem seems to be solved.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never seen such an original set that I like so much! Good job!
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a unique ring. Very cool how the WB fits with the e-ring.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool ring, WF did a great job!!!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I didn''t know WF could do custom work like that. It''s very unique!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
So unique! Glad to hear she loves it. Are the pink stones in the wband rubies, pink diamonds, pink sapphs, or something else?

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
The pinkish stones that don''t match perfectly are small sapphires, IIRC.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Yours is one of the most interesting engagement ring/wedding band combinations I have ever seen...and I LOVE it! Beautiful!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Cool! I really like it!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Garysax:

I remember your ordeal trying to find a ring your fiancee could wear without an allergic reaction and how sad I was for you that nothing could be done to solve your problem with the original ring.

I think your new custom ring really captures the feel of the original plus you have such an unusual set with the matching wedding band. Your fiancee can wear it everyday (to her delight, I''m sure!) with no ill effects.

I''m so happy everything worked out, it''s a beautiful ring set!

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Well, after being very very nervous for an entire week of her wearing it, I think I can officially declare there won''t be any allergy problems with this ring. Wheew.

susi

Shiny_Rock
I love your rings! For awhile, some years ago, I considered tension set for an oval but went, instead, with traditional prong. I''ve always wondered if I would have loved this type of mount as much as I thought I would and seeing them now and again, such as with yours, makes me sigh.....I should have done it!

I feel that your stones don''t necessarily have to match in colors as they seem to blend and just be perfect the way they are.....but realize that it''s a very personal decision.

Congratulations on an absolutely beautiful selection!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results