shape
carat
color
clarity

All-time favorite settings?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I know many PSers are research hounds and have provided beautiful inspiration images to other PSers who are stuck on designing a setting.

So - I want to see - what are your dream settings? I am narrowing this to true antiques/vintage settings, antique/vintage styled or full on reproductions. Any era. Show me what you have coveted! Ranging from the wildly impractical but absolutely gorgeous to I need this for my next project.

I will share a few of my loves to get started....I hope to use all of these one day for projects!

This stunner from Sin City which I hope to reproduce for a ruby or red spinel:

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 9.37.17 AM.png

This Edwardian knockout with floral shoulders from Park Avenue Antiques:

1613662809612.png

This Edwardian style ring sold by Victor Barbone which I might use for my milky pink sapphire:

1613662913356.png

This Art Nouveau butterfly ring sold by Pebble & Polish:

1613663045041.png

Last edited:

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A setting that I never owned as I was too slow to bid on ebay. No idea if it is antique, but I love all the details. And, because it is 'the one that got away' I pine for it on a regular basis!

20210218_180526-COLLAGE.jpg

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cool thread I will look through and post some of mine later. However setting number 3 is one of my favourites too hence why I got a replica made for my blue sapphire! I think it originally had an aquamarine in it!
More pics in this thread
In the end I think the outcome was great just a shame my sapphire wasn’t twice the size! B6B84673-80DB-426A-86C6-95F9F28E035B.jpeg

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have you seen my other thread @Cerulean ? I need all the help I can get if you have any suggestions from your settings stash!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Cool thread I will look through and post some of mine later. However setting number 3 is one of my favourites too hence why I got a replica made for my blue sapphire! I think it originally had an aquamarine in it!
More pics in this thread
In the end I think the outcome was great just a shame my sapphire wasn’t twice the size! B6B84673-80DB-426A-86C6-95F9F28E035B.jpeg

Oh this is STUNNING - I hope you don’t mind if I copy it one day - I’ve coveted this setting from the moment I say it! I just love the gold and blue for yours - DK knocked it out of the park!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is easy for me. I fell in love with this setting back in 2015 but at the time it was way out of budget. I am still sad I didn't buy it.

The large center stones were placed on top of the setting to show sizes and weren't actually "set" in the ring (which is why they look kind of "wonky"). But the setting itself was SUCH a good price in retrospect :(

3-stone ring design 1.JPG
3 stone ring desigh_3.JPG

3-stone ring design_2.JPG

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh this is STUNNING - I hope you don’t mind if I copy it one day - I’ve coveted this setting from the moment I say it! I just love the gold and blue for yours - DK knocked it out of the park!

Thank you so much! I think he did an amazing job too! As he has already done all the ground work it will be much easier to recreate and tweak. Something to bare in mind that it is mostly gold with only two tiny diamonds so much cheaper than any of your other favourites to reproduce!

This is probably a ring that I just keep coming back to. I have a Berricle ring that kicked off this obsession but its proportions are just a bit off for me. This ring below, however, I just love love love. Too bad it's like, $10k. But a girl can dream, right?

marquisesidesring.jpeg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much! I think he did an amazing job too! As he has already done all the ground work it will be much easier to recreate and tweak. Something to bare in mind that it is mostly gold with only two tiny diamonds so much cheaper than any of your other favourites to reproduce!

It’s definitely exciting to see that it’s already in his portfolio. And yes - gosh darn for liking ornate settings with delicate engraving, filigree and diamond melee...I like some simpler designs too, but I like expensive pieces to feel “special”

My other favorite style I didn’t include are target rings with caliber cut stones, especially French cuts - talk about shockingly expensive! I’m scared to keep them on my dream list! Hah

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This is probably a ring that I just keep coming back to. I have a Berricle ring that kicked off this obsession but its proportions are just a bit off for me. This ring below, however, I just love love love. Too bad it's like, $10k. But a girl can dream, right?

marquisesidesring.jpeg

I can see why you have obsessed over this! It is just gorgeous...perhaps you could recreate it one day!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This is easy for me. I fell in love with this setting back in 2015 but at the time it was way out of budget. I am still sad I didn't buy it.

The large center stones were placed on top of the setting to show sizes and weren't actually "set" in the ring (which is why they look kind of "wonky"). But the setting itself was SUCH a good price in retrospect :(

Oh that is JUICY. I’m sure reproducing would be a pretty penny...I love the proportions, perfect blend of “chunky” and delicate details...

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I love this setting, Even though the ruby isn’t perfect I wish I had bought it #blingregret 047CA87C-1D0C-4FCE-919A-54AE0AA733A8.png

It’s really beautiful- hopefully another one sways your heart one day! I sometimes find imperfect centers, especially on true antiques, part of the charm...

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
A setting that I never owned as I was too slow to bid on ebay. No idea if it is antique, but I love all the details. And, because it is 'the one that got away' I pine for it on a regular basis!

20210218_180526-COLLAGE.jpg

Classic, beautiful setting. I especially love those gallery details! Wowza!

I can see why you have obsessed over this! It is just gorgeous...perhaps you could recreate it one day!

That would be my dream! My inspo pic is 1.5ct I think. Right now that sounds huge to me. But who knows, maybe if a few years, that'll be the perfect size for a center stone for me :devil:

I also already know I'll need an "artist" of a vendor to take care of all the details regarding angles, proportions, etc. for me. Ideally, it'd go: "Here's my budget. I want something that looks as close to this as possible. Go!"

Right now, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the vendor will offer a steep discount cuz it's been sitting in their inventory for a while. *goes to check on the link again* Nope, still $$$.

I feel your pain. It seems like we always find shinies we love that are out of budget; but then once we're ready to buy something at that price point, we can't find it again. Gr!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
That would be my dream! My inspo pic is 1.5ct I think. Right now that sounds huge to me. But who knows, maybe if a few years, that'll be the perfect size for a center stone for me :devil:

I also already know I'll need an "artist" of a vendor to take care of all the details regarding angles, proportions, etc. for me. Ideally, it'd go: "Here's my budget. I want something that looks as close to this as possible. Go!"

Right now, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the vendor will offer a steep discount cuz it's been sitting in their inventory for a while. *goes to check on the link again* Nope, still $$$.

Honestly - if it is even within arm's reach...can't hurt to make an offer...:lol:

I know DK is great at repros - but might require the hawk eyes of PSers to get it right. All I can say is - save every image of that ring that you can from every angle!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looooove chunky halos. The ruby's not bad either. Sorry you missed out on this one. Hope another one comes along whenever you're ready to buy again!

I was going to recreate it but I think it might be pricey and a nightmare to source a ruby however I cannot really moan as if I had got that no way would I be getting the antique cushion I just bought as well!

I was going to recreate it but I think it might be pricey and a nightmare to source a ruby however I cannot really moan as if I had got that no way would I be getting the antique cushion I just bought as well!

Yay, everything worked out for the better in the end!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I own a setting that is very similar to setting 3 @Cerulean

It's a pretty look. Not the best photo, but you get the idea. It's what I could dig up quickly.

IMG_20200626_122806.jpg

Oh it is stunning! I love it with a pear too! Thanks for sharing

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Omg I literally have a folder of these on my phone somewhere hahaha. I love this thread. Let me see what I can find on my computer in the meantime.

Asscher-Cut-Platinum-Diamond-Engagement-Ring.jpg lotus.jpg cluster1.PNG antiquecushionhalo1.jpg oldminehalo.PNG lisette.PNG

Okay it seems that I like halos/clusters hahahaha.

Omg I literally have a folder of these on my phone somewhere hahaha. I love this thread. Let me see what I can find on my computer in the meantime.

Asscher-Cut-Platinum-Diamond-Engagement-Ring.jpg lotus.jpg cluster1.PNG antiquecushionhalo1.jpg oldminehalo.PNG lisette.PNG

Yeah....my one folder for "holy grail" items have morphed into like, 20 different folders filled with inspiration pics.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah....my one folder for "holy grail" items have morphed into like, 20 different folders filled with inspiration pics.

Hahaha tell me about it! So far I really really want a large cluster ring lol so here's a list (I don't think I can do "one ring to rule them all")
- OEC ring
- ruby/red gemstone
- cluster ring (could be OEC or ruby to be efficient lol)
- SS pearl ring
- killer 3 stone ring

Actually just give me one of everything :)

Hahaha tell me about it! So far I really really want a large cluster ring lol so here's a list (I don't think I can do "one ring to rule them all")
- OEC ring
- ruby/red gemstone
- cluster ring (could be OEC or ruby to be efficient lol)
- SS pearl ring
- killer 3 stone ring

Actually just give me one of everything :)

Omg! Replace the "SS pearl ring" with "something with my kid's birthstone," and check off "killer 3 stone ring" for me, and I have the same exact wish list!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Omg! Replace the "SS pearl ring" with "something with my kid's birthstone," and check off "killer 3 stone ring" for me, and I have the same exact wish list!

HAHAHAHA okay so I would imagine our "inspiration" folder to be pretty identical!! #blingsisters :)

I have a 3 stone too but it's not a "killer" 3 stone ring lol. Need an upgrade there.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG yes, that "shield" ring is one of my "grails" too. It's just so gorgeous and unique.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results