Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

All-time favorite settings?

Cerulean

Brilliant_Rock
Omg I literally have a folder of these on my phone somewhere hahaha. I love this thread. Let me see what I can find on my computer in the meantime.

Asscher-Cut-Platinum-Diamond-Engagement-Ring.jpg lotus.jpg cluster1.PNG antiquecushionhalo1.jpg oldminehalo.PNG lisette.PNG

Okay it seems that I like halos/clusters hahahaha.

Oh I love these all! Especially the last 3 as I am a sucker for bezels! Nothing wrong with knowing what you like :)

Feel free to share as many as you want!

Cerulean

Brilliant_Rock
Oh goodness. So that would be most of the rings saved on my phone :lol-2:
But ok settings. I’m not into very ornate settings but these ones I loooooove
0D97EC05-5781-469B-8B12-3318EBB61218.jpeg 39810187-FC01-41D7-B562-910EA8A17BEB.jpeg 8E6033B4-FB47-4CCD-989A-4557C5F0E1AE.jpeg E83A8319-0D09-4E1A-980E-F74DD98E1655.jpeg D06CADEE-6BAE-4C86-B237-E3A4123AAE31.jpeg

A few select details can make all of the difference and really elevate a simple design. I am increasingly appreciative of subtle gallery details - and boy I love the ruby cuff!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I love these all! Especially the last 3 as I am a sucker for bezels! Nothing wrong with knowing what you like :)

Feel free to share as many as you want!

Lol I love bezels too! I love prongs too. I just love everything haha

Papillion

Rough_Rock
Cool thread I will look through and post some of mine later. However setting number 3 is one of my favourites too hence why I got a replica made for my blue sapphire! I think it originally had an aquamarine in it!
More pics in this thread
In the end I think the outcome was great just a shame my sapphire wasn’t twice the size! B6B84673-80DB-426A-86C6-95F9F28E035B.jpeg

I think your ring turned out just gorgeous!

Cerulean

Brilliant_Rock
I *love* this setting. Has anyone seen it with a colored stone? I wonder how it would look with a blue sapphire...

Right?!

I was contemplating it for my own blue sapphire, but mine is an oval and I think this would best compliment at round or cushion.

I think it would be spectacular with a colored stone - many varieties! I could even see a red / pink stone with a YG milgrained bezel, the rest platinum...

Ceilimom

Shiny_Rock
I know many PSers are research hounds and have provided beautiful inspiration images to other PSers who are stuck on designing a setting.

So - I want to see - what are your dream settings? I am narrowing this to true antiques/vintage settings, antique/vintage styled or full on reproductions. Any era. Show me what you have coveted! Ranging from the wildly impractical but absolutely gorgeous to I need this for my next project.

I will share a few of my loves to get started....I hope to use all of these one day for projects!

This stunner from Sin City which I hope to reproduce for a ruby or red spinel:

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 9.37.17 AM.png

This Edwardian knockout with floral shoulders from Park Avenue Antiques:

1613662809612.png

This Edwardian style ring sold by Victor Barbone which I might use for my milky pink sapphire:

1613662913356.png

This Art Nouveau butterfly ring sold by Pebble & Polish:

1613663045041.png

You have picked my favorite rings too, so many settings and so few fingers.

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
Right?!

I was contemplating it for my own blue sapphire, but mine is an oval and I think this would best compliment at round or cushion.

I think it would be spectacular with a colored stone - many varieties! I could even see a red / pink stone with a YG milgrained bezel, the rest platinum...

Here’s another that I think looks beautiful with a sapphire:
4577509D-70E4-48A3-A5BC-A83F2D17E3E2.jpeg (source: Farringdon’s)

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
Right?!

@Cerulean - I am very seriously considering getting this ring made. First, I’ll need to find the perfect sapphire. I will post for help in the Colored Stones forum when I’m ready!

Cerulean

Brilliant_Rock
@Cerulean - I am very seriously considering getting this ring made. First, I’ll need to find the perfect sapphire. I will post for help in the Colored Stones forum when I’m ready!

Oooooh I wait with bated breath!!! This is seriously one of the prettiest settings ever! Definitely tag me when you start your hunt!!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Actress Grace Kelly and Prince Rainier III of Monaco's Wedding
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.