clarity

ALL ABOUT JADE

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Junkenpo|1409814220|3744536 said:
Silvermom|1409245803|3740827 said:
My completed Red Jade set.

I die! so pretty. :love:

JKP, Thank you so much..... nice seeing you here!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Silvermom - thank you for starting this thread, it's been a treat to see everyone's jade pieces. Your own red and yellow sets are simply stunning!.

Megthered - the sizer is a removable piece that is quite commonly used the only problem might be that the "wings" won't be wide enough for your saddle ring and you might have to have a piece made to fit. If that's necessary, it doesn't have to be solid gold, it can be gold filled (bonded not plated, sometimes known as rolled gold) or even sterling.

ring-sizer.jpg

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Starzin|1409965374|3745763 said:
Silvermom - thank you for starting this thread, it's been a treat to see everyone's jade pieces. Your own red and yellow sets are simply stunning!.

Megthered - the sizer is a removable piece that is quite commonly used the only problem might be that the "wings" won't be wide enough for your saddle ring and you might have to have a piece made to fit. If that's necessary, it doesn't have to be solid gold, it can be gold filled (bonded not plated, sometimes known as rolled gold) or even sterling.

Thank you so much Starzin. Although I am on this thread a lot, I did not start it. A friend named Dynasty did and she has quite a few beautiful piece. Maybe she will post some of them for you to see. Her pieces are amazing. Glad you enjoy this thread tho. Please post some pieces of yours if you have any that you would like to share. It is fun to see other peoples pieces. LOVE JADE, it is an amazing stone.

Dynasty

Rough_Rock
MelodySaw|1406040120|3718226 said:
jadeite_translucaent.jpg
What can I do with this ring? The stone is very translucent, but I don't like the setting.
This is beautiful! Have you 're-set yet?

Dynasty

Rough_Rock
MelodySaw|1406756759|3723349 said:
Where is everybody?
presetting my green rings family.
14594206218_798bd09186_b.jpg
Whoa is stunning!
Do you wear them often?

Dynasty

Rough_Rock
Junkenpo|1407610355|3729265 said:
Ahhh.... It's been awhile since I've come to PS, but now I've got a reason to come regularly. :dance:

Hello ladies!
Hello sister!
So happy to see you here, please share your Beautiful collection with us :razz:

Dynasty

Rough_Rock
Silvermom|1407633350|3729449 said:
Hey JKP, great to see you here. Went to pick up my Red Mason Kay pendant that I just got set by Alice. Here it is. Hope all is well with you.
Gorgeous!!!!
I'm in love :lickout:
Congratulations!!!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Silvermom said:
Thank you so much Starzin. Although I am on this thread a lot, I did not start it. A friend named Dynasty did and she has quite a few beautiful piece. Maybe she will post some of them for you to see. Her pieces are amazing. Glad you enjoy this thread tho. Please post some pieces of yours if you have any that you would like to share. It is fun to see other peoples pieces. LOVE JADE, it is an amazing stone.

Aaaah, apologies for not checking. However I'm still in love with your red and yellow!!

The only piece I had was a bracelet I sold several years ago because, though I loved it, I simply wasn't wearing it. Hadn't worn it in years in fact. The picture doesn't do it justice unfortunately, the carved jade was much greener and brighter than it appears it the photo.

my-jade-bracelet-2010.jpg

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Starzin|1410050453|3746197 said:
Silvermom said:

Aaaah, apologies for not checking. However I'm still in love with your red and yellow!!

The only piece I had was a bracelet I sold several years ago because, though I loved it, I simply wasn't wearing it. Hadn't worn it in years in fact. The picture doesn't do it justice unfortunately, the carved jade was much greener and brighter than it appears it the photo.

Starzin, this bracelet is gorgeous. Wish you still had it. Well, it's time to get more now. Thank you for sharing.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone's beautiful pictures are a good reminder on how beautiful good jade is.

Here is a sentimental piece. It was sent to me by my godfather about 30 years. I hadn't seen him since I was a little but we exchanged letters. He was getting older and wanted me to have something that was his. Unlike my old Chinese jade, I don't know the origin...but it is still one of the pieces of jewelry that has remained a favorite throughout the years.

ggjadering.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone's beautiful pictures are a good reminder on how beautiful good jade is.

Couldn't agree more. Your ring is beautiful and so much more special because of your godfather's gift.

Starzin, this bracelet is gorgeous. Wish you still had it. Well, it's time to get more now. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Silvermom, it was different to most that you see.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
lilmosun|1410056643|3746236 said:

Here is a sentimental piece. It was sent to me by my godfather about 30 years. I hadn't seen him since I was a little but we exchanged letters. He was getting older and wanted me to have something that was his. Unlike my old Chinese jade, I don't know the origin...but it is still one of the pieces of jewelry that has remained a favorite throughout the years.

ggjadering.jpg

What a special piece. It is so beautiful. I would really cherish it if I had it. Lucky you.... and wonderful memories too.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting it Pete, so nice to have the rough amongst the smooth to remind us where it came from.

SPSGuy

Rough_Rock
Hi, I'm new here. Just getting into learning about gemstones and stuff.

Anyways I have a great Jade story. I'm Chinese and Jade is obviously revered in Chinese culture. My grandfather had a Jade ring which he always wore, and one day it broke into a few pieces - 4 pieces to be exact. Just so happened that my grandad had 4 daughters, and from the broken pieces he fashioned a pendant for each of them. My mom has it and treasures it to this day.

Not a big believer in fate or whatever but its a cool little story.

MelodySaw

Shiny_Rock
lilmosun|1410056643|3746236 said:

ggjadering.jpg

Beautiful Ring.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
SPSGuy|1410189551|3746981 said:

Anyways I have a great Jade story. I'm Chinese and Jade is obviously revered in Chinese culture. My grandfather had a Jade ring which he always wore, and one day it broke into a few pieces - 4 pieces to be exact. Just so happened that my grandad had 4 daughters, and from the broken pieces he fashioned a pendant for each of them. My mom has it and treasures it to this day.

OH WOW! I just LOVE this story. Story book. Could be the beginning of a good book. It could go on with the story of the 4 daughters and how the jade became important in their lives. LOVE IT. :appl:

MelodySaw

Shiny_Rock
Dynasty|1410021480|3745990 said:
MelodySaw|1406040120|3718226 said:
jadeite_translucaent.jpg
What can I do with this ring? The stone is very translucent, but I don't like the setting.
This is beautiful! Have you 're-set yet?

No yet. I have too many stones needed to be re-set.

MelodySaw

Shiny_Rock
ruffysdad|1410145936|3746792 said:
Just a piece of uncut stuff in my private stash :naughty:

Pete

Wow, nice green big stone.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SPSGuy said:

The four pieces of jade remind me of the old Japanese samurai story (Motonari Mori) about the three arrows representing his three sons (by themselves each arrow is easily snapped but bundled together, the arrows are strong and unbroken).

(of course I know Japanese are Chinese are completely different cultures but both place similar importance on family) :mrgreen:

Agnesg

Shiny_Rock
Like it's translucent, water feel:)

_22970.jpg

dm-smith

Rough_Rock
txgreeneyes|1405824289|3716860 said:
I love seeing everyone's jade jewelry.

My Mom loved jade. Here's her heart pendant. I don't know if it's real jade or not. What do you think these inclusions are? They are really more of a blue in natural light.

momjade.jpg

My friend took the picture with her macro lens and a flash (to get the flaws). The background is supposed to be black.

I'm not sure how saturated is the blue color you are talking about. Assuming it's a real jade, it's a canadian nephrite jade. That kind of inclusion is extremely common in canadian nephrite and serpentinite

Silvermom|1409245803|3740827 said:
My completed Red Jade set.

I think u might want to bring these to a real gemologist. it looks similar to Agalmatolite than nephrite or jadeite.

btw jade lovers, u might want to be very careful to buy jade. Recently, there's a jade like stone from indonesia. Those locals called it "batu sungai dareh" and "lavender raja". The problem with these two stone are the fact that they have the same hardness and refraction index. they even share similar monoclinic crystal. Only several experts can distinguish between them. I've seen many jade dealer in HK start selling these two stone as jadeite.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Agnes said:
Like it's translucent, water feel:)
It is indeed... and I think it's very beautiful. Thank you for posting it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko,
Those jadeite cabochon stud earrings are TDF. :love:

MelodySaw

Shiny_Rock
lavendar_errings.jpg
Recently I purchased a lots of lavender Jadeite;
Earrings from Mason Kay's old stock.
Ring is more translucent then the earrings.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
What a fabulous find! Can we have hand shots of the ring please? :love:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
dm-smith|1412548768|3762640 said:
btw jade lovers, u might want to be very careful to buy jade. Recently, there's a jade like stone from indonesia. Those locals called it "batu sungai dareh" and "lavender raja". The problem with these two stone are the fact that they have the same hardness and refraction index. they even share similar monoclinic crystal. Only several experts can distinguish between them. I've seen many jade dealer in HK start selling these two stone as jadeite.

As it is, vendors that specialize in Jade have told me that they can now only deal with known cutters because even they can't tell the difference between untreated jade and some of the better treated jade circulating. Like most CS stones, buy a jade piece for its beauty but if you are buying as an investment, you need to be very careful. I think all the pieces here are lovely.

dm-smith

Rough_Rock
lilmosun|1413088498|3765993 said:
dm-smith|1412548768|3762640 said:

As it is, vendors that specialize in Jade have told me that they can now only deal with known cutters because even they can't tell the difference between untreated jade and some of the better treated jade circulating. Like most CS stones, buy a jade piece for its beauty but if you are buying as an investment, you need to be very careful. I think all the pieces here are lovely.

well, it's easy to identify treated jadeite and nephrite! a little look under microscope will help in distinguishing the treated from untreated one. on the other hand, it require x-ray fluorescence test to differentiate between jade and those two stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results