shape
carat
color
clarity

ALL ABOUT JADE

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@Gemjardine

Ive heard the same thing. Supposedly, the jade piece becomes more beautifully lustrous and transparent with prolonged wear. And that one's essence is imparted onto, thereby becoming part of the energy of the jade piece.

you have a beautiful pendant! May you continue to enjoy it in the best of health and prosperity

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
My mom purchased these while I was visiting my Virginia jeweler. For size reference, the diamonds are 3.7 mm.

IMG_20181110_143346.jpg

that's a splendid shade of green!! The earrings look so fresh!!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
20180806_202105.jpg

My jadeite pendant collection, left to right.
A pendant that my godfather had made in Hong Kong for me when I was a young child.
A pendant that I recently purchased from Lang Antiques in San Francisco with a lab report stating that it is natural untreated jadeite from Burma.
A pendant from my late mother.
A peach carving pendant that my boyfriend gave me while I was in high school.
Another pendant from my late mother.

very very nice collection of pendants!!

My favorites are the one you purchased from lang's and the long pendant from your late mother.

May you continue to enjoy in the best of health and prosperity!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m new to jade, and recently made my first purchase (although I think in traditional Chinese custom you aren’t meant to buy jade for yourself).

Are you a Chinese person living in China?
Do you follow every custom of every culture/country of the world?

I'm an American living in America and I follow almost few American customs.
I'm infinitely more happy, at peace, and liberated since I'm no longer a sycophant to an oppressive majority.

If I wanted jade for myself you can bet your sweet bippy that I'd just buy it.
But, by all means, you do whichever makes you happy.

Just saying.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this the show me your jade thread ?
I hope this is real but it is only gold plated
Overseas travel was very exspensive for a long time in NZ so it was unusual in my family when in the late 50s my great aunty Neeta and Uncle Horrie visited Japan via Hong King
When mum died this braclete of Aunty Neeta's came to me as my sister didn't want it (only being gold plated)
I had it repaired as some of the links were broken
20201115_180221.jpg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Is this thread still active? After reading great reviews about Ultimate Jadeite from here and another forum, I went ahead and bought a "cheap" Jadeite Ruyi pendant from Nandar. I know nothing about Jade and I wanted to get something small since I don't know whether I'd like jadeite or not. I'm sure there are other vendors who sell pieces for less, but Ultimate Jadeite seemed to be a sure shot to try for someone totally naive about Jade:

icm_fullxfull.520060486_pd8ts9uenio88gss4csw.jpg
icm_fullxfull.520060490_7cej9kqjfzswwgkko84w.jpg

I do remember decades ago I went to a shop in China that specialized in Jade. I was attracted to it, but being a fresh college graduate, I couldn't afford anything the store offered, although our guides took us here as part of our tour. :lol: More recently a coworker of mine is obsessed with jade (even more so than diamonds) and I always notice the jade pieces my current jeweler has, so...

I'm assuming when I get this pendant I'm going to love it and angle for a bigger purchase, but right now I'm trying to tame my excitement over this nice piece. I don't know if I'll get a bangle since I know I've broken stone bracelets in the past and I'd rather not chance breaking one of these...

Ra2nl

Shiny_Rock
Beatiful!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Beatiful!

Thank you! I actually received it yesterday! I’ll be honest, I thought it would “glow” more than it does IRL, but it’s still very pretty and I like it!

369FAA9B-1253-46B6-B3E4-8019B772FBE5.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results