ALL ABOUT JADE

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Dynasty.

MelodySaw

Shiny_Rock
Dynasty|1404908928|3709653 said:
Silvermom|1404877538|3709499 said:
Your pendants are all so lovely. Just wanted to share my blue jade bangle and my blue pendant. It was hard to find a blue exactly the same color as my bangle but this is the closest that I found.
WOW! Your blue bangle just amazing, love it!
Beautiful set!

Silvemom,

I have never seen a blue Jade before. it is beautiful and unique.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
MelodySaw|1404956312|3710151 said:
Dynasty|1404908928|3709653 said:
Silvermom|1404877538|3709499 said:
Your pendants are all so lovely. Just wanted to share my blue jade bangle and my blue pendant. It was hard to find a blue exactly the same color as my bangle but this is the closest that I found.
WOW! Your blue bangle just amazing, love it!
Beautiful set!

Silvemom,

I have never seen a blue Jade before. it is beautiful and unique.

MelodySaw, Thank you so much. Yes, I have been told that blue jade is not very common. That is why I had such a hard time finding the jade for my pendant to match my bangle. Even then my pendant jade is kinda blue green. There are some jades that are blue green but I have only ever seen one other bangle besides mine that was really blue. It is amazing how many different colors of jade there are. Thank you again.

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
All of these pieces of jade are just so beautiful - I have serious bangle lust for every piece shown here! I can't wear them unfortunately due to a fused wrist joint, but oh how I wish I could! Madelise's ring is also particularly luscious - that green almost seems to vibrate it is so vivid!

Sadly, I only have a couple of fairly modest pieces of jade in my collection. The jadeite earrings I had commissioned and made by Orchid Jade when I was based up in Chiang Mai for a while, on the Thai/Myanmar border. They aren't really translucent, but I fell in love with the minty green tone to them. They do most of their pieces in yellow gold, but were happy to work with white gold for me on this. Those are teeny diamonds and emeralds sitting above the cabochon (and in dire need of a clean too! Yikes!). They're very wearable though, and I love to mix them with other green gems, particularly emeralds.

The beads were a wedding present from my grandfather to my grandmother, when they were living in New Zealand in the 1940s. They're nephrite jade, or NZ greenstone/pounamu. Sadly, I don't really wear them much as the bracelet is too small for me, and the necklace falls at an awkward length and I've never gotten around to getting them adjusted. They're semi-translucent, but the olive green tone to them doesn't really sing to me. I'm not intending to sell them though, due to their familial significance, so they'll likely continue to live in the safe for a little while longer. It's a pity, really.

My mum has some beautiful lavender jade earrings, and a mixed colour jade cylindrical bead necklace that wears constantly. I'll have to see if I can snaffle some pics of it.

p1080178.jpg

p1080182.jpg

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
InToTheMystic|1404960309|3710204 said:
All of these pieces of jade are just so beautiful - I have serious bangle lust for every piece shown here! I can't wear them unfortunately due to a fused wrist joint, but oh how I wish I could! Madelise's ring is also particularly luscious - that green almost seems to vibrate it is so vivid!

Sadly, I only have a couple of fairly modest pieces of jade in my collection. The jadeite earrings I had commissioned and made by Orchid Jade when I was based up in Chiang Mai for a while, on the Thai/Myanmar border. They aren't really translucent, but I fell in love with the minty green tone to them. They do most of their pieces in yellow gold, but were happy to work with white gold for me on this. Those are teeny diamonds and emeralds sitting above the cabochon (and in dire need of a clean too! Yikes!). They're very wearable though, and I love to mix them with other green gems, particularly emeralds.

The beads were a wedding present from my grandfather to my grandmother, when they were living in New Zealand in the 1940s. They're nephrite jade, or NZ greenstone/pounamu. Sadly, I don't really wear them much as the bracelet is too small for me, and the necklace falls at an awkward length and I've never gotten around to getting them adjusted. They're semi-translucent, but the olive green tone to them doesn't really sing to me. I'm not intending to sell them though, due to their familial significance, so they'll likely continue to live in the safe for a little while longer. It's a pity, really.

My mum has some beautiful lavender jade earrings, and a mixed colour jade cylindrical bead necklace that wears constantly. I'll have to see if I can snaffle some pics of it.

Oh Wow Mystic! That sure is a gorgeous ear ring and I love the style of the necklace. Lucky you. You should wear them both cos they sure are gorgeous.

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Silvermom. The earrings definitely get a lot of wear, and I always feel guilty that the other pieces don't.

(I keep on apologising to them for it when I take them out of storage, which is quite ridiculous when you think about it!) :loopy:

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
InToTheMystic|1405031705|3710878 said:
Thanks Silvermom. The earrings definitely get a lot of wear, and I always feel guilty that the other pieces don't.

(I keep on apologising to them for it when I take them out of storage, which is quite ridiculous when you think about it!) :loopy:

Mystic, You are the funniest! LOL LOL LOL Well, beautiful things should be worn. :angel:

MelodySaw

Shiny_Rock
InToTheMystic|1405031705|3710878 said:

InToTheMystic,
You are funny.

Nice earrings and the olive green pieces Please wear them often, at least let the necklace soak in water for a coupe of hours once a while.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally took a photo of my only jade piece. It's a wood and jade necklace given to me by my husband, so I don't have any additional information about it. I don't wear it often but I find the use of wood interesting (even if it's not my usual style).

uploadfromtaptalk1405130307738.jpg

MelodySaw

Shiny_Rock
mochiko42|1405130422|3711730 said:
Finally took a photo of my only jade piece. It's a wood and jade necklace given to me by my husband, so I don't have any additional information about it. I don't wear it often but I find the use of wood interesting (even if it's not my usual style).

The center piece has very intense color that is beautiful.
The use of wood is quite unique and interesting.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
MelodySaw|1405360136|3713126 said:

The center piece has very intense color that is beautiful.
The use of wood is quite unique and interesting.

WOW! This is such an interesting and unique piece. This is beautiful. One of a kind.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to share my newest bangle. Just got it today. Icy white with small areas of light yellow and lavender.

p1010042.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Silvermom|1405405780|3713496 said:
Just wanted to share my newest bangle. Just got it today. Icy white with small areas of light yellow and lavender.

that is a beautiful piece of icy jade. It looks so cool and serene. love it!! Can we get a handshot? :)

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I almost forgot! Here is a photo of the lavender jade pendant that I gave my mom last Christmas.

jadependant2.jpg

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
mochiko42|1405407973|3713509 said:

that is a beautiful piece of icy jade. It looks so cool and serene. love it!! Can we get a handshot? :)

Thank you Mochiko. I tried doing a hand shot but I just can't do it justice so I thought I'd just have it pose for you. LOL

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
mochiko42|1405408180|3713511 said:
I almost forgot! Here is a photo of the lavender jade pendant that I gave my mom last Christmas.

jadependant2.jpg

OH MY, this is simply gorgeous. I wish I were your mom. I really love this! Thank you so much for sharing. :appl: Really, it is just my taste.

MelodySaw

Shiny_Rock

jadependant2.jpg

Beautiful. Lately I am really into lavender too.

MelodySaw

Shiny_Rock
Silvermom|1405405938|3713499 said:
Another view of same bangle.
Good buy! I love jadeite bangle with translucent. it is more important than colors.

MelodySaw

Shiny_Rock
14471131057_db3212d151_b.jpg
Can anyone tell if the stone in the center is real jadeite?

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
MelodySaw|1405436392|3713632 said:

The only really sure way to tell is to have it tested. You can go to GIA or go to Mason Kay. This is a really gorgeous piece. It is so unique. It probably is real but if it weren't it wouldn't matter to me because it is so beautiful and interesting. I love it.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Silvermom said:
I don't remember ever seeing blue jade before, even though I live in HK! Wow that is so pretty :) Did you get it in Asia?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Silvermom said:

jadependant2.jpg

OH MY, this is simply gorgeous. I wish I were your mom. I really love this! Thank you so much for sharing. :appl: Really, it is just my taste.
Thanks! Unfortunately my mom doesn't like it too much even though she appreciated the thought, she mainly likes pearls, diamonds, and green jade. So she stuck it in her safe. I guess it was the thought that counts! I'm sad that it's not being worn and admired in real life but at least it can be shared on PS :D

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, this is a duplicate post so I deleted it.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
mochiko42|1405469162|3714059 said:
Silvermom said:

jadependant2.jpg

Thanks! Unfortunately my mom doesn't like it too much even though she appreciated the thought, she mainly likes pearls, diamonds, and green jade. So she stuck it in her safe. I guess it was the thought that counts! I'm sad that it's not being worn and admired in real life but at least it can be shared on PS :D

Why don't you borrow it and wear it. If your mom saw you wearing it she might see it in a different light and appreciate how truly beautiful this is. I would be thrilled if I had something like this. She just has to get used to the color and them I am sure she will love it too.

Silvermom

Shiny_Rock
mochiko42|1405468985|3714053 said:
Silvermom said:
I don't remember ever seeing blue jade before, even though I live in HK! Wow that is so pretty :) Did you get it in Asia?

I bought the bangle from my jeweler and she does get her jades from the Auctions sometimes. Not sure where she got this bangle from. I really love it though. Thank you Mochiko.

Dynasty

Rough_Rock
InToTheMystic,
Your green earring and green beads necklace is BEAUTIFUL!!!
You are so lucky!!!

Dynasty

Rough_Rock
Wah I love this one, so unique :love:

Dynasty

Rough_Rock
So GORGEOUS Silvermom!!!
Beautiful color mixed! Do you have any set to go with this ice bangle?

Dynasty

Rough_Rock
Silvermom|1405443890|3713707 said:
MelodySaw|1405436392|3713632 said:

The only really sure way to tell is to have it tested. You can go to GIA or go to Mason Kay. This is a really gorgeous piece. It is so unique. It probably is real but if it weren't it wouldn't matter to me because it is so beautiful and interesting. I love it.
I agree with Silvermom
Very interesting and beautiful ring! Love Love it!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results