shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Alistair Kelsey - Gent's Baguette Ring and Heirloom OEC Floret Pendant

SeekingClarity

Shiny_Rock
Hello PS!

The wedding has come and gone, so I figured it was about time to share some photos of the final pieces that Alistair made for our Big Day.

First up is my wedding band, which ended up having a 5mm x 2.5mm baguette (D/E VS) channel set in 18k w/g. My wife opted for scallop-set MRB melee of 2.2mm D/E VS set 3/4 of the way around (no photos of this one from Alistair).
WB Baguette_2048.jpg

In addition to the rings, he repurposed an heirloom OEC diamond (1.840 ct) and set it in a floret pendant with an open back. He used un-plated 18k w/g for everything except the prongs, which were rhodium plated. He used un-plated w/g for the pendant because the diamond has a tint (I think it was an L?) which ended up complementing the stone very well (imho). The pendant is on a very fine, 1mm "trace" chain in w/g that practically disappears when worn.
ITM - Floret OEC.JPG
ITM - Floret OEC Finished 3.JPG

As I've mentioned elsewhere on PS, Alistair was incredible to work with and produces top notch jewellery. While we wish he was slightly more accessible from Sydney (to pop in for an inspection, cleaning or to drop off/pick up), I can't recommend him more highly. If anyone can recommend a good local shop in Sydney where we can have jewellery serviced, that would be much appreciated.

Eventually we will have some photos from our photographers to share as well. Until then, enjoy!

Cheers,
SC

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful reset and a lovely band! I am so happy that you are satisfied with the end results and congrats on your wedding!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are very lovely pieces! Congrats and we hope to see more of them.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats with your marriage!!!
What a great result for your wedding band. I love the beautiful surface and the combination with the baguette.

The pendant is stunning! A gorgeous and fluid design by Alistair. Looking forward to see your own pics, including your wife’s wedding band. Enjoy wearing these gorgeous pieces.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love: Please post some more pictures of all the goodies!!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! That is a beautiful setting, and congratulations on your marriage!

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Top notch. Your Alistair Kelsey pieces are divine!!! Thank you for sharing and wear in good health.

PS, you may want to share a link with the SMY Alistair Kelsey thread.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing! They turned out beautiful. Please post more pics when you get them!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phenomenal pieces!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh...I love Alistair Kelsey's work! Your band and the pendant are stunning. Please come back with more photos and your wife's band :roll2:. Congratulations on your recent Big Day!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pieces, congrats!!!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pendant (love AK's floret setting), but man oh man, your baguette band ring is just too much ... super classy, super cool ... I saw it on AK's instagram (I think) a few days ago, and knew it was yours... turned out absolutely perfect. I'm sure you both will adore your pieces when you pull them out of the boxes. For sure you can't post enough photos of the ring and the pendant, so bring it on!

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
Just read through your other thread, I love the pendant you decided on! Can't wait to see more pictures. Congratulations on being newly wed!

I wish my fiancé would consider a band like yours. It's TDF!

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love them both! Can't wait for more pics!

Nitedula

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! And there's such a contrast in style between the fluid pendant and the clean sharp ring, yet both are amazing. I look forward to seeing more pictures!

SeekingClarity

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for all the kind words, everyone!

I am quite pleased with my wedding band. The light diagonally brushed finish on the band is perfect, which contrasts nicely with the baguette and polished top/bottom.

Will certainly share more photos when they're available!

Cheers,
SC

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forget if this was in your other thread on your band, but did AK choose your baguette? From the photo in your first post in this thread, it seems to be a particularly fine baguette in terms of faceting (and love the D-E/VS specs)... honestly I find your band spectacular.

SeekingClarity

Shiny_Rock
I forget if this was in your other thread on your band, but did AK choose your baguette? From the photo in your first post in this thread, it seems to be a particularly fine baguette in terms of faceting (and love the D-E/VS specs)... honestly I find your band spectacular.

I was going back and forth between a baguette and a French cut from Yoram. Ultimately, it came down to cost difference and overall look. As I was after a more modern band, I felt the baguette would make a better match. AK chose and sourced the baguette for me and originally suggested a F-G/VS option, going for higher clarity due to the step cut. But my DF was getting D-E/VS melee on her wedding ring, so I asked for the same! :) AK did a fantastic job on choosing the baguette!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pieces - can't wait to see more pictures - just exquisite!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love. Gorgeous pieces. :love:

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous pieces! And yes, more photos please!

PriceScopeKayti

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Please join me in congratulating Seeking Clarity, this has been featured for Throwback Thursday! :kiss2: TBT 1.4.24

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results