shape
carat
color
clarity

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Dances...But I Have A Question!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watch this video. The parents are NUTS. The superintendent released a statement saying that Bella WAS doing her project on Donald Trump. The parents totally pushed this on that kid!!

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...t-says-teacher-wouldnt-let-her-pick-trump-for

I watched the video, soxfan. I did not see any proof that it was the parents and the child, not the teacher, who had misrepresented something that happened. What makes you say that the parents are nuts? I agree that the parents could be lying and could have influenced their child to lie, but I think it is equally likely that the teacher lied. Do you have some evidence that you did not share here?

AGBF

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched the video, soxfan. I did not see any proof that it was the parents and the child, not the teacher, who had misrepresented something that happened. What makes you say that the parents are nuts? I agree that the parents could be lying and could have influenced their child to lie, but I think it is equally likely that the teacher lied. Do you have some evidence that you did not share here?

AGBF

After watching the interview and listening to the parents and the kid, I don't believe either of them. And yes, the dad sounds totally off. They are looking for their 15 minutes of fame. The superintendent released a statement saying she was doing her report on Trump. I believe the superintendent.

I don't believe for one second that this child chose Trump as her "hero" on her own. Just my opinion...

I wouldn't be surprised if they are proven to have lied and that ends up in the news soon.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Maria, DF lives in his own world. Watch this video. The parents are NUTS. The superintendent released a statement saying that Bella WAS doing her project on Donald Trump. The parents totally pushed this on that kid!!

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brie...t-says-teacher-wouldnt-let-her-pick-trump-for

I actually did watch the News 12 LI video that DF linked to before I commented. In the 80s I lived nearby to this school district - listening to the regional accents of the parents brought back memories!(Good ones - my experience living in Long Island was that people tended to be outspoken and even gruff, but were very welcoming to me, a liberal New Englander.)

Anyway, my take away is that there is a lot left unsaid here. Unless the little girl is making the entire story up, this unnamed teacher is in the wrong. Here's what I think happened: Bella proposed Trump as her hero and the teacher made disparaging comments to another adult. She may not have prohibited Bella from reporting on Trump, but she hurt Bella's feelings by ridiculing her choice. Like Bella's parents, the teacher could be a gruff outspoken Long Islander. She should have kept her opinions to herself, or at least out of earshot of the child. Personally, I think it's a stupid assignment. It is of low educational value and fraught with danger. What if a child chose David Duke or Adolf Hitler as his hero? Why not have children research and report on facts? (I'm glad I teach math.)

DF is not in his own world, he's in the Fox News world that loves this kind of story. It feeds into the narrative of Trump as victim. It is why even though I agree with the teacher, that no child should find a hero in Trump (and I felt this way about him LONG before he ever became a presidential candidate), it pisses me off that her unprofessional behavior not only caused this news item, but caused an impressionable child to dig her heels in and believe Trump is heroic. (I tried to insert a vomit emoji here but it didn't work Lol)

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hear you. I just don't believe her or her parents. Their body language just gives me pause. And you are right, it is ALL over conservative media. The parents were on the Laura Ingraham show....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually did teach the kind of subject matter that brings on discussions of politics, as I was hired because I had been a history and politics major while an undergrad and had an MA in history. (I also taught French and English, but would have been totally unqualified to teach math!)

I am sure that the conservative media is doing annoying things with the material they have from this incident, but my take on it had been just what Maria described. It seemed likely to me that some frustrated teacher had just been at her wits' end when this child came at her wanting to write about Trump who, in reality, was probably in the midst of inflicting horrors on our nation. I would have been tearing my hair had I been in that teacher's place! But of course, the professional reaction to the child's desire is to allow her to write her her essay on the person of her choice.

I am assuming that the teacher was pressured into allowing the child to write about Trump.

When I said that Christianity spread among the poor in the Roman Empire because it gave people hope, one of my high school freshmen students became angry with me and sputtered, "That's a pretty poor excuse for being a Christian!". I told her to wait until her sophomore year when she learned about the Catholics burning the Lutherans at the stake, the Church of England burning the Catholics at the stake; and the Lutherans burning the Calvinists at the stake. ;))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb
I have a Q too...How stupid can she be???.
This is coming out of the mouth from the leader of the Dem. party..:rolleyes:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb
I have a Q too...How stupid can she be???.
This is coming out of the mouth from the leader of the Dem. party..:rolleyes:

She is the Trump of the Dem party. Both of them have asinine sheet roll out of their mouths.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welp. The people whose voices on this subject REALLY matter disagree with you. AOC is SPOT ON.

Screen Shot 2019-06-19 at 2.29.49 PM.png

Then again, neither of you ever pass up an opportunity to ignore any heinous atrocities committed by Trump, so it's not surprising.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, this is a hot topic. I am warning you all once. Namecalling, even calling someone stupid, will not be tolerated and anyone who participates in that will be on a long time out.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see any suggestions from her on what to do with 100K people showing up at the border per month. Much easier to complain about Trump.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't see any suggestions from her on what to do with 100K people showing up at the border per month. Much easier to complain about Trump.

If one sees an atrocity being committed, it is his obligation to speak out against it. I agree with Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez that these camps should be abolished and that asylum seekers should not be detained because the United States refuses to make more judges available to hear asylum cases. Naturally speaking out about the atrocity Trump is committing involves some criticism of Trump as the author of the atrocity.

Note to Dancing Fire: Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is not among the leadership of The Democratic party, let alone is she "the leader" of The Democratic Party.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If one sees an atrocity being committed, it is his obligation to speak out against it. I agree with Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez that these camps should be abolished and that asylum seekers should not be detained because the United States refuses to make more judges available to hear asylum cases. Naturally speaking out about the atrocity Trump is committing involves some criticism of Trump as the author of the atrocity.

Note to Dancing Fire: Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is not among the leadership of The Democratic party, let alone is she "the leader" of The Democratic Party.
And I completely disagree that these people should be released into the US because it only increases the number making the trek and encourages more to come. More money is being requested to process these people. Fix it.

Last edited:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would invite him to come see where the migrants are being held too. Oh wait....

This guy makes excellent points. Then we get the typical Trump supporter response at the end.

Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 12.55.37 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 12.55.45 PM.png

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And tens of thousands still keep coming.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tell that to Pelosi and to the rest of the D party. :whistle: none of the Dems would dare to call her out on any of her ridiculous statements that she makes. If Trump wins re-election in 2020 AOC would be one of the main reason why he won.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for posting the Auschwitz Memorial tweet @soxfan. @redwood I suggest you read what @soxfan posted above.

@redwood. You continue to support Trump and his heinous policies. Hitler didn’t begin killing people on day one. We are being tested as a country to see what we will accept. Are you aware that John Kelly is now on the Board of Directors for one of the companies that houses migrant children? Kelly helped create these evil policies, now he is profiting from them financially. It’s DISGUSTING.

It amazes me that people choose to ignore the emotional torture this administration has put families searching for a better life thru as they come here seeking asylum. Many of our own ancestors came to the US seeking asylum.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migrationhttps://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

Shows how many have shown up in the last few months.

How Americans feel about illegals.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...ion-the-border-wall-and-political-compromise/

Democrat platform on illegal immigration.

https://democrats.org/issues/immigration-reform/

So I hope that AOC support the democrats on immigration. She is a maverick, my son's LOVE her.

I think she's extremely intelligent and one of the few democrats that can equal Trump with 'retort' and not seem intimidated, because Trump is all about intimidation.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migrationhttps://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration

Shows how many have shown up in the last few months.

How Americans feel about illegals.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-ta...ion-the-border-wall-and-political-compromise/

Democrat platform on illegal immigration.

https://democrats.org/issues/immigration-reform/

So I hope that AOC support the democrats on immigration. She is a maverick, my son's LOVE her.

I think she's extremely intelligent and one of the few democrats that can equal Trump with 'retort' and not seem intimidated, because Trump is all about intimidation.
This platform does not tell me what Dems would do with the 144,000 people last month who showed up at the border.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results