shape
carat
color
clarity

Airport automated voice made me suspicious (proposal + pics inside!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
Yay, we got engaged on Friday!!!

We are currently doing an LDR and live in 2 different cities, 800 miles apart. He lives in the eastern standard time zone, I live in central. I am going to visit him this Wednesday and we have lots of plans for the weekend including visiting my parents for dinner on Friday night. We are then leaving for a week long trip to Europe on Sunday. I had a suspicion that it would happen after Wednesday but before Europe.

I came home a little late, changed into my workout clothes, ate a super-healthy-filling dinner at 7 pm and was just sitting online. I was waiting until 9 pm to go workout because I wanted to be able to workout and watch some long edition of Food Network's "Unwrapped" at the same. At 8:30pm I called FF just to see if he'd pick up. Often he goes out on Friday with his friends so I don't always hear from him. Well he did pick up and told me his parents were coming over because they were going to visit his cousin. Whenever I am on the phone with FF, I can always hear all the background noises very clearly for some reason. I can follow entire TV shows and even hear street noises sometimes. As he finished telling me about his parents, I heard a female voice in the background say "The time is now 8:30 pm central standard time." Instinctively, I knew I had heard that voice before. It was the automated female voice they have at the airport.

me: "Um are you at the airport?"
him: "No."
me: "What was that about Central Standard Time? That sounds like the airport lady."
him: "Oh no that was just the TV."

I didn't buy it. If he was at the airport, that meant he would be here in as little as 20 minutes. There was only one reason he could be coming over unannounced so I had a feeling this was it. I started running around cleaning the apartment as fast as I could. I called my younger brother to tell him of my suspicions. I wanted to post here too but I was racing against the clock to get my apartment looking halfway decent.

Sure enough, at about 9:15, there was a knock on my door. I opened the door, and he was there with the ring box open, 1.5 dozen roses, and champagne. I let him in, couldn't contain my excitement. He said some very heartfelt things, asked me the question, put the ring on, and then asked me to take him somewhere for dinner because he was starving. I was still in my workout clothes! I took him to get some dinner, but I couldn't eat anything with him because I had stuffed myself 2 hours earlier. D'oh!

I took him back to the airport last night, but I can't wait to go back Wednesday and be able to spend 1.5 weeks with my fiance and my ring!

handshot030909.JPG

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
Profile of the ring

profilecrop030909.JPG

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
The prongs

prongscrop030909.JPG

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
The side view of the taper

sidecrop030909.JPG

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I love your ring!!!!

ETA: And what a wonderful story. I went back and read it again. They just don't think of this stuff sometimes!!!

What are the stats on the ring?

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
The best top view of the tapering sides I have for now

tapercrop030909.JPG

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
What a cute story! CONGRATS!!! Your ring is absolutely gorgeous!
36.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
WOW!! What a romantic surprise!!!

Your ring is a stunner and it looks huge on your finger! Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/9/2009 8:13:24 PM
Author:gryffindor
Yay, we got engaged on Friday!!!

We are currently doing an LDR and live in 2 different cities, 800 miles apart. He lives in the eastern standard time zone, I live in central. I am going to visit him this Wednesday and we have lots of plans for the weekend including visiting my parents for dinner on Friday night. We are then leaving for a week long trip to Europe on Sunday. I had a suspicion that it would happen after Wednesday but before Europe.

I came home a little late, changed into my workout clothes, ate a super-healthy-filling dinner at 7 pm and was just sitting online. I was waiting until 9 pm to go workout because I wanted to be able to workout and watch some long edition of Food Network''s ''Unwrapped'' at the same. At 8:30pm I called FF just to see if he''d pick up. Often he goes out on Friday with his friends so I don''t always hear from him. Well he did pick up and told me his parents were coming over because they were going to visit his cousin. Whenever I am on the phone with FF, I can always hear all the background noises very clearly for some reason. I can follow entire TV shows and even hear street noises sometimes. As he finished telling me about his parents, I heard a female voice in the background say ''The time is now 8:30 pm central standard time.'' Instinctively, I knew I had heard that voice before. It was the automated female voice they have at the airport.

me: ''Um are you at the airport?''
him: ''No.''
me: ''What was that about Central Standard Time? That sounds like the airport lady.''
him: ''Oh no that was just the TV.''

I didn''t buy it. If he was at the airport, that meant he would be here in as little as 20 minutes. There was only one reason he could be coming over unannounced so I had a feeling this was it. I started running around cleaning the apartment as fast as I could. I called my younger brother to tell him of my suspicions. I wanted to post here too but I was racing against the clock to get my apartment looking halfway decent.

Sure enough, at about 9:15, there was a knock on my door. I opened the door, and he was there with the ring box open, 1.5 dozen roses, and champagne. I let him in, couldn''t contain my excitement. He said some very heartfelt things, asked me the question, put the ring on, and then asked me to take him somewhere for dinner because he was starving. I was still in my workout clothes! I took him to get some dinner, but I couldn''t eat anything with him because I had stuffed myself 2 hours earlier. D''oh!

I took him back to the airport last night, but I can''t wait to go back Wednesday and be able to spend 1.5 weeks with my fiance and my ring!

YAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
This is SUCH A COOL STORY!! =)

I think it''s so funny how the airport voice gave it away! lol!

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
The numbers

GIA Certified Oct 2008

Shape: Round Brilliant
Carat: 1.72
Color: H
Clarity: SI1
Cut: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Polish: Excellent

It is absolutely eye clean and sparkles like a disco ball having a seizure. I have to give credit to Randy Barker at Barker Diamond Company here locally in Nashville. I got the stone from him and designed my setting with him. He and his wife were so patient and wonderful through the whole process. Their office is down the street from my workplace, so I would walk over there all the time when my patients would cancel to look at stones and work on the design. My fiance paid for it and proposed with it. He met Randy with me once, but he doesn''t have the patience to have done all the diamond searching and designing. It was more fun for me to do anyways!

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
That is so sweet! Gorgeous ring, I love the taper! I think it is funny that you work out to the food network though
3.gif
!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Adorable story, and your ring is STUNNING!!
36.gif
36.gif
9.gif
9.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! I love your story, and I think it''s cute that you picked up on the airport voice. Your ring is gorgeous, too!!

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!!

My exact response when I scrolled down to your pics was (aloud), "WHOA!!!" You''ve got QUITE a rock there! It''s absolutely stunning!

nail_polish

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely precious proposal!
Absolutely gorgeous ring!
Congratulations :) All the best to you!

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
Awesome story and beautiful ring! Congratulations!

laughwithme

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing story and STUNNING ring, I love it! Congrats and have a blast in Europe!

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
HUGE congratulations, what a wonderful proposal story and a HUGE gorgeous ring!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Awesome story, but the ring is even more awesome! Congrats!

caseygal

Rough_Rock
Trade
your ring is beautiful!! congratulations

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
hahahahaha!! congratulations gryffindor
30.gif
36.gif
that''s a beautiful ring you have there too
21.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Such a cute story!!! Love the ring. More Pics!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!
36.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
i half expected you to be getting a harry potter proposal but i like the way he did it as well :)
congrats!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

BlueSki231

Brilliant_Rock
yay!! congrats!!
36.gif

the ring is stunning!! I love the setting and how it tapers toward the stone!! really makes that gorgeous diamond POP
31.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! Your ring is beautiful! It looks so substantial and sparkly on your finger. Best wishes to you and your new fiance!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!!!!!
30.gif

Congratulations!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

LilyOfTheValley

Shiny_Rock
Eeeek! Congrats! Beautiful ring.
3.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
How funny that you figured it out from the recorded airport lady! You are probably very familiar with that sound if you''ve been doing a LDR!

Congratulations on getting engaged and also for your gorgeous ring! I love the hybrid design! Oh yeah, the 1.72 carat stone ain''t bad either.
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results