shape
carat
color
clarity

Ahhh! The grass ate my ring.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
"Like a long lost adopted child" that gave me a good laugh @Daisys and Diamonds

It is raining today AGAIN (like have we become the new Seattle?!) and my allergies are killing me so we will keep looking when we can but my hope is dwindling. How much you want to bet that once we stop looking we will find it. I will definitely update with any new developments!
hopefully the rain is washing away the pollen
maybe the ring bounced a bit of rolled a wee way
do you have special plans for this ring ?

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
I was walking on the docks at night by my friend's boat and my little gold link bracelet fell off and went right through the gaps in the wood, down deep into the seabed below. It was one of the last things my late mother gave me when I was a young girl.
The next morning, my boyfriend who had been with me, enlisted the help of a diver friend. He geared up and dove down, searching deep in the sandy ocean floor.
A few minutes later, up he came, with my gold bracelet glistening in his gloved hand in the sun!
Happy me!

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
We were lucky! Russ took out his keys right away and put a deep mark in the plank near the gap so we would know where to look. It was a straight drop, fortunately. The bracelet was buried right underneath.
The mark remained in the wood for nearly twenty years...and may still be there for all I know.
Bannister's Wharf. 1981.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were lucky! Russ took out his keys right away and put a deep mark in the plank near the gap so we would know where to look. It was a straight drop, fortunately. The bracelet was buried right underneath.
The mark remained in the wood for nearly twenty years...and may still be there for all I know.
Bannister's Wharf. 1981.
Interesting story!
The chances of you getting that bracelet back were slim.
We are hoping @StephanieLynn gets her ring back. It's gotta be under that bush somewhere!

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
There's GOT to be some fluorescence in one of the diamonds...a cheap blacklight from Amazon, and a root around with it in the dark is bound to turn it up.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tigertales< I'm not sure if you are talking about my ring but unfortunately there are no diamonds in mine, so the blacklight idea won't work.

We are becoming the new Seattle, the rain just won't quit to metal detecting has been put on the back burner for now until the yard dries out.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bannister's Wharf. 1981.
thats such a lovelly story
your braclette had an adventure
its so wounderful it turned up
when i worked in a garden centre my workmate had recently lost her mum
she always wore a beautiful gold braclette of her mother's
one day it must have slipped off her wrist as she put a customer's purchase into their car.
we turned that nursary upside down looking for her braclete and a few weeks latter we had major renovations and thats wjen it should have turned up but it did

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@tigertales< I'm not sure if you are talking about my ring but unfortunately there are no diamonds in mine, so the blacklight idea won't work.

We are becoming the new Seattle, the rain just won't quit to metal detecting has been put on the back burner for now until the yard dries out.
if there was a bridge id drive over to your place right now !

i forgot but years ago when i had just started going out with the OH (we were friends before hand) we had had the most awful cheese kebab (i know ! why would we ?) for dinner and we were going for a walk around oriental parade in wellington and we sat up in a little bit of garden overlooking the harbour to partake in a bit of hanky panky and by the time we got back to the car i realised the earings my sister had given me for Christmas were not on my ears
lucky we had a torch with us and drove back down there and found them in the grass below the seat
you win some, you loose some

tigertales

Shiny_Rock

You must be near me, dear one! New England is Seattle East as far as I'm concerned now!! Argh!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@tigertales, boy you're not kidding about New England being the new Seattle. I'm in CT, so right in the thick of it :oops2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far nothing to report. I've tried without success to use the metal detector, it's like it just disappeared.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far nothing to report. I've tried without success to use the metal detector, it's like it just disappeared.
Do you think it could be hooked onto part of the bush, down inside? If it's a dense bush, this could be the case.
You have looked under and around on the ground.
Maybe it never hit the ground. Just a thought!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you think it could be hooked onto part of the bush, down inside? If it's a dense bush, this could be the case.
You have looked under and around on the ground.
Maybe it never hit the ground. Just a thought!

We have looked in around and through that bush so many times.....
I don't have the ring but I do have the story behind it.

The guy who brought it in to Cheers cleans out houses so I guess he went once and it is this huge million dollar estate with a large safe, supposedly all his at this point.

Well apparently the relatives from NY got to the house before his second time back, cleaned out the safe apart from a few broken pieces, a man's ring and the ring I bought and also left behind an appraisal for a $35,000 diamond bracelet :-o

I am superstitious so part of me wonders the original owner just didn't want anyone apart from her relatives to have any of her pieces. Silly right? It keeps me from all out losing my mind over this though :knockout:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have looked in around and through that bush so many times.....
I don't have the ring but I do have the story behind it.

The guy who brought it in to Cheers cleans out houses so I guess he went once and it is this huge million dollar estate with a large safe, supposedly all his at this point.

Well apparently the relatives from NY got to the house before his second time back, cleaned out the safe apart from a few broken pieces, a man's ring and the ring I bought and also left behind an appraisal for a $35,000 diamond bracelet :-o

I am superstitious so part of me wonders the original owner just didn't want anyone apart from her relatives to have any of her pieces. Silly right? It keeps me from all out losing my mind over this though :knockout:

Fabulous story, but weird too, right?!! I have been following your thread & was hoping to see news that you’d found it by now. I am gutted for you, and also feel your determination about not giving up. It will turn up. I have a feeling you’ll find it over the weekend.....

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Alex T, thank you for your good wishes, here is hoping it turns up but I'm not losing my mind over it anymore. I figure if it's meant to be it will be, maybe that's hocus pocus but it gets me through things like this.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
if so disappointed for you
but it must be there
maybe it bounced a bit further away?
its there somewhere ...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds, it's there, it just doesn't want to be found yet.

We went through this a couple years ago when DH lost his wedding band, we looked everywhere for it and found it under the bed in this tiny little spot. We had looked there countless times but it didn't want to be found until that day.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds, it's there, it just doesn't want to be found yet.

We went through this a couple years ago when DH lost his wedding band, we looked everywhere for it and found it under the bed in this tiny little spot. We had looked there countless times but it didn't want to be found until that day.
phew !

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
@StephanieLynn I’ve been following your story and checked back to see if you found it yet. Everytime I see your avatar I admire your ruby eternity. Not to sidetrack this thread, but do you mind me asking where you got it from? I’d like to get an emerald one like that. I was going to message you but I can’t figure out how.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Iwanttosparkle for your nice compliment on my ruby eternity, I got it on RubyLane not that long ago. Do you mind me asking what size you are for an emerald eternity? I've seen quite a few lately and may be able to point you in a good direction. Also do you care if it's synthetic stones? A lot of these vintage eternities do have lab or synthetic stones.

Just FYI you can't message directly through PS.

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
Thanks @Iwanttosparkle for your nice compliment on my ruby eternity, I got it on RubyLane not that long ago. Do you mind me asking what size you are for an emerald eternity? I've seen quite a few lately and may be able to point you in a good direction. Also do you care if it's synthetic stones? A lot of these vintage eternities do have lab or synthetic stones.

Just FYI you can't message directly through PS.

Hi! I am a size 4.75. I would prefer real emeralds if at all possible. It doesn't have to be vintage. I am looking for channel set, not prongs - not that I'm trying to be picky, but the heart wants what it wants ;)2

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Iwanttosparkle

Shiny_Rock
I did find one on Etsy but in a size 5. Only thing about this one is the shop is fairly new and she only accepts returns if the item is not as described:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/497676183/estate-emerald-eternity-band-or-ring-in?ref=user_profile

I would check daily on Etsy, RubyLane and EBay and one will pop up somewhere, for some reason the emerald eternities are much harder to find.
Oooooooohhhhh, that is nice :love: My finger size is actually 4.5 but I wear 4.75 so that I can stack. 5 would be too big though. But that's definitely the style I'm looking for. Good find!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results