shape
carat
color
clarity

ags report

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bram77

Rough_Rock
the total depth on the ags report does not add up to crown+girdle+pavillion

i have a total depth of 61.8 on the report but crown 15.5 + 43 pav + 1-1.8 girdle (faceted)

what is the problem?

thanks.

----------------
On 8/30/2002 11:22:22 AM

the total depth on the ags report does not add up to crown+girdle+pavillion

i have a total depth of 61.8 on the report but crown 15.5 + 43 pav + 1-1.8 girdle (faceted)

what is the problem?

thanks.

----------------

depth % = depth divided by average mm size - not the addition of the above

1 –1.8 =Girdle valley
Girdle bezel = Girdle valley +1.7
total depth (AGS)= crown (AGS) + pav(AGS) + Girdle bezel

It is normal for the numbers to not quite add up. I has to do with the shape of the girdle, hills and valleys. And, also the way the Sarin measures... It is a minor issue until you become concerned with the numbers not adding up. It seems strange and I agree, but we have lived with it this way for some time.

When I had a jeweler review my AGS cert, he advised that my diamond is "warp" because the numbers don't add up impacting the value of the diamond?

RE:what is the problem?

(From 1 to 1.8 ) =Girdle valley
Girdle bezel = Girdle valley +1.7
total depth (AGS)= crown (AGS) + pav(AGS) + Girdle bezel
61.8 =total depth (AGS)= crown 15.5 + 43 pav +( From 1 to 1.8 girdle (faceted)) +1.7= 60.2 +1-1.8 girdle =61.8( if Girdle valley=1.6)

It is not problem.

Thank you Serg for explanation.

So the "problem" is just the way AGS measures and calculates the girdle thickness.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP