shape
carat
color
clarity

AGS Report: Clouds not shown? What does this mean?

jechow.ca

Rough_Rock
Most AGS certs that I have seen indicate additional clouds are not shown. I was looking at the following certificate and noticed that it says clouds are not shown:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2270366.htm

What does this mean? Is this a "rare" diamond in that there are no clouds (which typical of most diamonds)? Does it mean that this diamond has so many clouds that it would not be useful/meaningful for AGS to map all of them?

Thanks

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Comments just there for completeness - this VS2 has some clouds, but in this VS2 they have bigger things to worry about & plot, like the feather/etc. listed, and plotting every miniscule detail would unnecessarily muddy the plot diagram - if this was a VVS those same clouds may well have been the grade making inclusions, so they would be plotted.

Reputably graded VS2 - so you have *nothing* to worry about regarding these clouds not shown being visible or detracting from performance. You'd want to have the stone looked over by a professional when it's a sizable SI2 or I that is graded thus because of "grade based on clouds not shown".

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results