Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

AGS Report: Clouds not shown? What does this mean?

jechow.ca

Rough_Rock
Most AGS certs that I have seen indicate additional clouds are not shown. I was looking at the following certificate and noticed that it says clouds are not shown:

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2270366.htm

What does this mean? Is this a "rare" diamond in that there are no clouds (which typical of most diamonds)? Does it mean that this diamond has so many clouds that it would not be useful/meaningful for AGS to map all of them?

Thanks

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Comments just there for completeness - this VS2 has some clouds, but in this VS2 they have bigger things to worry about & plot, like the feather/etc. listed, and plotting every miniscule detail would unnecessarily muddy the plot diagram - if this was a VVS those same clouds may well have been the grade making inclusions, so they would be plotted.

Reputably graded VS2 - so you have *nothing* to worry about regarding these clouds not shown being visible or detracting from performance. You'd want to have the stone looked over by a professional when it's a sizable SI2 or I that is graded thus because of "grade based on clouds not shown".

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip’s Love Story told through Jewelry
    Style File: Emma Watson
    Style File: Emma Watson
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding
    F. Scott Fitzgerald and Zelda Sayre's Wedding

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.